MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

57 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The holiday set has been revealed! My favourite element is definitely the Jedi textbook. Too bad they didn’t bring back the yellow 4L bar though :sad: The trans-bright green one doesn’t work.

It's such a weird set to me. It feels like the type of thing that would have been a GWP. I just can't see it doing well as a wide-release set.

41 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

The holiday set feels like less of a rip-off than this year's $35 sets, so I'm pleasantly surprised :)

On a parts-per-piece and number of figs level, yeah, it's solid value. But on the other hand, I'm pretty confident this is going to hit discounts after Christmas that'll make the advent calendar discounts look like nothing, so I'd wait. I could legitimately see this hitting $15-20.

On 7/31/2023 at 4:36 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Tell you what if the set box says Finn Skywalker (or any other surname) I will change my signature to include '@Classic_Spaceman is the best'. but only if in return you put '@Agentkallus is the best.' in your signature if it turns out to say Fin 'Sweater' (or any another version/outfit name). Do we have a deal?

On 7/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Deal! 

:devil_laugh: 

2 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

The holiday set feels like less of a rip-off than this year's $35 sets, so I'm pleasantly surprised :)

And already a bunch of toxic comments on IG about the sequels, people need to grow up, lol. It's too bad the lightsaber is indeed green and not yellow.

So I searched a few targets today in my area, (Atlanta), And none of them have the two Ahsoka sets on shelves nor in stock online. Same with Walmart. I'm hoping this means presales were really good for these sets even though i'd expect store stock to be a separate inventory to preorder stock. I ended up doing a next day delivery for all three through Amazon. 

I just got the Advent Calendar, and the 212th Clone is the same as in the AT-TE (the helmet print is not fixed). The STAP is good, though; LEGO's best thus far, and hopefully this will drive down U.S. prices for the 212th Trooper a bit. 

Question:

75357: Ghost & Phantom II and 75354 : Coruscant Guard Gunship, will they be on sale on other places than LEGO?

For now, I only see 75357 on LEGO and Amazon, while 75354,only on LEGO, here in Sweden,

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Question:

75357: Ghost & Phantom II and 75354 : Coruscant Guard Gunship, will they be on sale on other places than LEGO?

For now, I only see 75357 on LEGO and Amazon, while 75354,only on LEGO, here in Sweden,

Huh, that's strange. I just ordered the gunship from Amazon here in the US, it might be a regional thing? 

39 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Question:

The gunship is exclusive to Smyths toys in the UK so there might be something similar for Sweden. 

Maybe LEGO is just slow to ship the items, so the stores have not registered them?

75338 Ambush on Ferrix™, that set is only available from a few shops + LEGO.

76214 Black Panther: War on the Water, I think, that for a long time, it was only for sale from LEGO. Now I see it from a few shops.

CallumPears, is it cheaper there, than from LEGO? + cheers

Edited by Shiva
added reply to CallumPears.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Maybe LEGO is just slow to ship the items, so the stores have not registered them?

75338 Ambush on Ferrix™, that set is only available from a few shops + LEGO.

76214 Black Panther: War on the Water, I think, that for a long time, it was only for sale from LEGO. Now I see it from a few shops.

CallumPears, is it cheaper there, than from LEGO? + cheers

Smyths do deals quite often so around Black Friday and Christmas I expect to probably go 10%-20% off at least I don’t think Lego would do that anytime soon. I haven’t decided where I’m going to get the new sets from yet. But then buying from Lego you get the insider points and depending on what the GWP is you might get that as well so it depends on your preference 

Ghost and Gunship, I might wait on, if they pop up on other places. Gunship, I'll save. Ghost? I think I'll use it for parts.

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Question:

I haven't looked in that many places admittedly, but they have been the notable omissions from shelves I've seen here in Finland... Which is annoying, as the only place to get them may well end up being S@H, where they've jacked up the prices. There is a local LEGO store I intend to check tomorrow though so let's see.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

While the new sequel diorama set looks nice, it’s very random. Lego haven’t made sequel sets since 2021(which is fine, since majority of SW fans hate ST) but decided to make random and non canon diorama? 

It's pretty frustrating that LEGO has been completely ignoring the sequels for the past few years.

It wouldn't hurt them to make a set or two baser on them. 

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's pretty frustrating that LEGO has been completely ignoring the sequels for the past few years.

It wouldn't hurt them to make a set or two baser on them. 

I am once again asking for the Exegol Duel. 

Not taking into account its general reception, it’s strange to think that LEGO has not made the final duel of the main Star Wars saga despite it having been out for nearly four years. 

Can't decide whether regular capes or the thinner Mandalorian capes (from the battle pack) look better on Shin and Baylan. The normal ones are definitely more cloak-y, but what's always bothered me is that they arguably shouldn't really stick out super far on either side like they do, so I was thinking maybe the thinner ones would look better for posing them dueling or whatever, but now I'm not sure. Thoughts? Which do we think LEGO would have given them had they had capes in the set?

58 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Not taking into account its general reception, it’s strange to think that LEGO has not made the final duel of the main Star Wars saga despite it having been out for nearly four years. 

Yeah, it's frustrating.

I really don't like this movie, but it still has some beautiful sequences worthy of LEGO sets. Kijmi duel comes to mind, it would make for a great small duel set, or even a diorama. 

I really want more The Last Jedi sets too. Unfortunately I missed out on the Snoke's Throne Room set.

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Seconded. The fact we still don‘t have a minifig of The Senate in his final form is just baffling :wacko: And where‘s Babu Frik?!

More ST sets would be more than welcome.

Dang... the Chopper fig with the Ghost is actually not that great. As we've seen, with Lego, this is a one step forward, one step backwards kind of thing.

Back printing is nice, but my goodness the head piece looks so bad without the 360 degree printing that the old version coming on 10 years old had.

I know this may have looked awkward too, but I wish they would've found a way to incorporate his arms into it.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, Old Master said:

Solid advice, I'm all set for tomorrow! 

T-6 is a must for me solely based on minifigures. Build is not as horrendous as some feel, though not amazing.

How did it go? Were you able to grab the T-6?

I pre-ordered the Ghost through Amazon about a week ago and it arrived safe and secure yesterday in two boxes. 

The more i see of the Ahsoka show the more i want the Ghost. It was not on my list because of the price but man, i really want it (and the minifigs) :laugh: