MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Adults getting upset that children’s toys don’t appeal to them, how confusing. 

Lego should go back to capping the ages on their boxes for anything under 16/18 but it’s better for marketing I suppose. 6-12, 9-14, would clear up a lot of confusion from the adults who are wondering why a set intended for kids is “inaccurate” or “not canon”. 

8 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Lol literally the age range on the mech boxes is 6+, the anger against them is generally quite confusing, I agree. Im actually pleasantly surprised, they're not as bad as I thought they'd be. Boba's has really grown on me. 

The sets being aimed primarily at kids between the ages of 6 and 12 years old isn't as strong an argument as you'd think. There's so much you can do within that price and age range that actually makes sense within the 'universe' of playscale Lego Star Wars. There's @Mandalorianknight's suggestions (which I wholeheartedly agree with), but also small vehicles like speeders, speeder bikes and such. Think of the small sets in the early years of LSW, like the 7110 Landspeeder. There's a ton of such stuff that I could submit in the wishlist thread, and I'm not even that creative.

15 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

kids would still buy stormtrooper mech if stormtrooper battlepack would exsist in same time

True, but the army builders who are fixated on stormtroopers will simply ignore the mechs in favour of a hypothetical stormie battle pack, thus eating into the sales of the former.

As for speculation of what the next mechs would be (I don't expect TLG to give up on the concept so easily), Mando seems like a shoe-in like @Kit Figsto said. Also, it would be really easy for TLG to justify the Mech line by including a shiny phase 2 clone. Like it or not, that would sell like hotcakes.

31 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

As for speculation of what the next mechs would be (I don't expect TLG to give up on the concept so easily), Mando seems like a shoe-in like @Kit Figsto said. Also, it would be really easy for TLG to justify the Mech line by including a shiny phase 2 clone. Like it or not, that would sell like hotcakes.

Given that this first wave of mechs is 2/3 identical to the first wave of the helmets (with the remaining one coming in wave 2), I wouldn't be surprised if they follow a similar trajectory. Even though there's no reason why they couldn't do mech pilots with uncovered faces, helmeted pilot/mech combos are probably much easier to work with. It would also give people who are wanting a figure to pair with their helmets an opportunity to do so, albeit a few years behind, and for a few dollars more (of course).

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The mechs in general are almost certainly meant as a replacement to microfighters, so if you like microfighters, it is affecting you negatively.

Im not married to microfighters by any means, so it makes no difference to me tbh...like sure I like em but things change

I am married to mircofighters but we are in the process of getting it annulled. 

47 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Im not married to microfighters by any means, so it makes no difference to me tbh...like sure I like em but things change

Sets are leaking right now.

Yavin 4: Pretty sure it's 4+ or 6+ so because it looks very simple and is on the same page as the 4+ sets.

Yoda's Starfighter: Very Squat, as it should be.

Vaughn and 332nd Swamp Speeder: looks good but that price... for that?

It's from either an instruction manual or a catalogue.

Whelp... Just the September sets to go.

Edited by CodFather1

Yup, Yoda's Starfighter as expected, pretty mid. Yavin 4 is ok, I'd like to see more views of it. The battle pack (lol) is way too overpriced, as expected. It's cool tho! Maybe I pick it up on sale. Overall, cool, but also meh

Wow. Well I do like the 332nd figures, but that speeder is TINY. 

Easy pass for Yoda. Wish it was an ETA-2. 

Kept an open mind for Yavin, but too child-like for me. I do like the figures. 

Also, anyone know what that battle droid B1 set is peeking out on the right side of the Yoda starfighter image? 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

4 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Also, anyone know what that battle droid B1 set is peeking out on the right side of the Yoda starfighter image? 

I think it's probably the AT-TE or the Republic Fighter Tank from last year, since they're showing the AT-ST 4+ set in these images too.

I like the Yavin, huge fan of the Y-Wing (or really any ships in that scale), but that tree is just BAD. Yes the proportions of the temple are way off, but I'm not sure they could do much better in a sub $400 set. Looking forward to the reveals so we can get better pics and a view of the interior.

Other two sets are a no-go. If it was the 327th I'd be tempted, but I'm not even in it for the figs on that swamp speeder. For what it is, Yoda's starfighter looks fine? but still not for me.

The Swamp Speeder is a pretty meh build, but it's a good way to get some 332nd troopers. I might get this one on discount.

The Yoda starfighter is as expected, at first glance I don't see any difference between it and the 2017 model.

The Yavin base looks ok as a build, but it really shines in the figure selection. The midi-size Y-wing looks really good, I might have to try and get that separately from the rest of the set.

6 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I think it's probably the AT-TE or the Republic Fighter Tank from last year, since they're showing the AT-ST 4+ set in these images too.

I’d have said the same, but the box art/artwork is different in the catalogue leaks compared to the box art of these respective sets. 

My thoughts… 

Swamp Speeder - Bad, really bad. 

Yoda Starfighter - Unneccesary. 

Yavin Temple - Less minifigures than the rumours suggested (1 Fleet Trooper?!), and overall looks incomplete and empty. 

Pass, pass, pass. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Im gonna guess we won't see the Gunship in these leaks nor the Ahsoka sets because the characters we already know are in the show are *spoiler* gonna fly these ships we've already seen because *spoiler* 

Yavin looks like a 4+ set :laugh: Easy pass for all 3 of the sets.

Just bought the Snub Fighter with a little discount today. Will be my only Lego SW set this year :shrug_confused:

For the same reason I like the Mando Droid Tank/Spider thing I like the Yavin IV set. It's a great parts pack and has fantastic figures. So that's an easy buy for me. The other two sets though. Wow. What a waste. No one asked for the first Yoda starfighter, why would Lego make a 2nd? And that battle pack will be useful for army amass-ers. But a lazy battle pack overall.

6 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Im gonna guess we won't see the Gunship in these leaks nor the Ahsoka sets because the characters we already know are in the show are *spoiler* gonna fly these ships we've already seen because *spoiler* 

Somehow it is always the sets the least interesting to me (personally) that leak first. Oh well, we will see them one way or another. 

That Yavin Temple looks awful. The Figure selection is also pretty terrible. (Getting Red Leader and an updated Celebration Luke is GREAT) but seriously? No updated Biggs,Porkins,and most of all NO Honor Guards?! This was the ONE opportunity we had to get Rebel Honor Guards and Lego completely blew it😔 Also maybe it’s just me but that Yavin Leia IMO looks worse than the 2012 version……….

I only care about the ahsoka sets, and seeing the new gunship for nostalgia sake, I do wish we would get a whole line of midi starfighters though, that Y-wing looks great.

Also that Yoda’s Starfighter has to be one of the worst remakes ever made. It literally brings nothing new or interesting to the table yet it costs 10 dollars more than the previous version………… (that set SHOULD’VE been an Ahsoka Interceptor considering we’ve never gotten it and getting a remake for R7 and Seasons 3-6 Ahsoka would’ve been nice)

Yoda's starfighter looks fine, but not for me.

I actually think Yavin looks really good for the piece count, I really thought it would look rough with everything that was rumoured to be included. Still a pass over everything else we're getting this year.

They are really pushing it with the clone sets, that swap speeder is way too small for that price, and doesn't even have any battle droids or something to explain why its more than the 501st set from January.

Wow Yavin IV is such a big let down, it’s ridiculous. Should have made it a MBS, this feels so half baked in the build department. 

Edited by RODDY

5 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Also that Yoda’s Starfighter has to be one of the worst remakes ever made. It literally brings nothing new or interesting to the table yet it costs 10 dollars more than the previous version………… (that set SHOULD’VE been an Ahsoka Interceptor considering we’ve never gotten it and getting a remake for R7 and Seasons 3-6 Ahsoka would’ve been nice)

That would have been an excellent idea. It’s basically what they did with Obi-Wan last year (giving us an updated version of his starfighter from previous media alongside the new sets for his show). 

16 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

That’d make sense for Ahsoka but, pending release dates, maaybe we’ll still see the Gunship sooner rather than later—just not right now since it’s presumably not in the same magazine.

Anybody know where the list of sets & release dates can be found? I didn’t see them at the start of the thread.

That’s Red Leader Garven Dreis & Gold Leader Dutch Vander, right? I must be looking at different pictures than the people commending about the quality of the figs lol.

Just now, Alex_South said:

Yavin 4 looks like "good-guy" vader's castle

Vader’s Castle at least looks cool on display this Yavin looks ugly. And no the “amount of pieces or price” are not an excuse considering Vader’s Castle and Jabba’s Palace from 2012 have great figures and moderate piece counts but also look great on display. 

Promobricks is saying that the Swamp Speeder Price has been reduced from 26.99 Euros to 20.99 Euros.