He has some good content. I've only watched a few videos, but I like the playful nature of the things that he does. Feels very LEGO to me. And there's some imagination and thought that goes into it, rather than 'just' news or set reviews, which a lot of LEGO media is (which is good and useful, but can start to feel samey after a while).

On 1/4/2023 at 11:07 PM, RichardGoring said:

We've seen some 2x combined sets, but what about 10x combined sets?!?! :laugh:

Aw, neat! While it loses a bit of the flair of the original set by doing away with the many trees (brick-built and molded alike) and flags that help to visually break up its foundation and silhouette, that makes a lot of sense considering its purpose as a fun exploration space for cats!

Before I relocated the Lion Knights' Castle and Medieval Blacksmith to a high shelf, my own kitties LOVED to knock over or grab at the various tree and leaf pieces that stuck out from the structures and their foundations.

Thankfully, they didn't tend to chew on the parts they did get free, just bat them around the floor with their paws — but that did mean often waking up to a game of "where did the loose pieces wind up today?" The ivy seems to be less of a problem since it's secured against the walls in such a way that it's hard to pull free without the aid of opposable thumbs. :tongue:

Anyway, it's especially cute near the end of the video seeing one of the builder's kitties stretching up to scratch his back against the castle's oversized portcullis! As risky as it can be to have sets in a place where they'll be a temptation for pets, I always love seeing pictures and videos of kitties making themselves at home among a builder's creations — whether or not the creation was built with them in mind!

14 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I sold 2 Darth Revan minifigures to buy the castle.  Can't wait to build it.

Nice.  It really is a fun build with some great details in the castle itself.  Happy building.  

41 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Omg, i forgot i had an extra laying around somewhere in my garage, time to go through my lego poly bags and sell them i have to de clutter my sets anyways 

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

I will never understand the value that some people place on a single minifigure. But congratulations! To my mind, that's an excellent trade!

Been out of Lego for over ten years until a gift of the Lego flower bouquet to my girlfriend prompted her to gift me the medieval blacksmith in return. It was like a childhood dream come true that was the biggest and most detailed set I'd ever had. We had a very fun time building it together but I figured it would be a one off special thing Lego could never top again so I put it on display and didn't think about Lego for quite some time.

A few weeks ago I happened upon a picture of 10305 and couldn't believe it was a real set! The scale, details, and classic factions returning were too good to be true. Naturally, I bought it as soon as I confirmed it was, in fact, real and was so impressed by it that I had to check out all the other great sets Lego has put out in the last several years. I spent many hours looking through the bricklink catalog and just had to grab a falconer minifig and a copy of the forest hideout to complement the castle. Only thing stopping me from getting a few 3 in 1s and the parts for the castle in the forest is a move in the somewhat near future!  I also revisited this lovely website to see other castle fans' reactions, it was very fun to read through 50+ pages of many other people sharing my excitement while waiting for it to arrive.  

Now that I have it in hand it absolutely lives up to expectations. I love all the details packed into it and the minifig selection is fantastic. The building techniques are revelatory with the use of hinge pieces and perfectly fitting angles, still shocked it's a real set! I've never built anything this large in my life, I can see how it wouldn't be too impressive to some AFOLs with large collections but this level of scale and cohesion is way beyond anything I could do with my modest collection growing up. I really appreciate how chunky and defensible it is when closed up, all the official Lego castles I grew up with were a few big wall pieces slapped onto a raised baseplate. These walls actually look like they could withstand more than a light breeze and have plenty of room for minifigs on the battlements. It looks fantastic from the front when opened up, the varied depth and angles keep it visually interesting. From the back it's basically a dollhouse which my girlfriend absolutely loves, you can really appreciate the detailed interiors and have fun posing figures around the castle. My only minor gripe is that it doesn't open up vertically very easily compared to the blacksmith so some areas can still be a bit hard to access. 

Overall a truly fantastic set that has gotten me back into Lego in a major way, excited to see any future castle sets and build more of my own! 

4 hours ago, kill will said:

Been out of Lego for over ten years until a gift of the Lego flower bouquet to my girlfriend prompted her to gift me the medieval blacksmith in return. It was like a childhood dream come true that was the biggest and most detailed set I'd ever had. We had a very fun time building it together but I figured it would be a one off special thing Lego could never top again so I put it on display and didn't think about Lego for quite some time.

A few weeks ago I happened upon a picture of 10305 and couldn't believe it was a real set! The scale, details, and classic factions returning were too good to be true. Naturally, I bought it as soon as I confirmed it was, in fact, real and was so impressed by it that I had to check out all the other great sets Lego has put out in the last several years. I spent many hours looking through the bricklink catalog and just had to grab a falconer minifig and a copy of the forest hideout to complement the castle. Only thing stopping me from getting a few 3 in 1s and the parts for the castle in the forest is a move in the somewhat near future!  I also revisited this lovely website to see other castle fans' reactions, it was very fun to read through 50+ pages of many other people sharing my excitement while waiting for it to arrive.  

Now that I have it in hand it absolutely lives up to expectations. I love all the details packed into it and the minifig selection is fantastic. The building techniques are revelatory with the use of hinge pieces and perfectly fitting angles, still shocked it's a real set! I've never built anything this large in my life, I can see how it wouldn't be too impressive to some AFOLs with large collections but this level of scale and cohesion is way beyond anything I could do with my modest collection growing up. I really appreciate how chunky and defensible it is when closed up, all the official Lego castles I grew up with were a few big wall pieces slapped onto a raised baseplate. These walls actually look like they could withstand more than a light breeze and have plenty of room for minifigs on the battlements. It looks fantastic from the front when opened up, the varied depth and angles keep it visually interesting. From the back it's basically a dollhouse which my girlfriend absolutely loves, you can really appreciate the detailed interiors and have fun posing figures around the castle. My only minor gripe is that it doesn't open up vertically very easily compared to the blacksmith so some areas can still be a bit hard to access. 

Overall a truly fantastic set that has gotten me back into Lego in a major way, excited to see any future castle sets and build more of my own! 

Thanks for sharing! Always nice to hear about other people's stories coming out of their dark ages. 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:30 AM, iragm said:

I literally read this post and it did not register in my brain about the 10305 minifigs. They are sold out now but it is good to know this may be an option in the future!  Thanks for the post!

AND I got the final two Viking torsos that I was missing.  Thanks again!

On 1/25/2023 at 2:36 PM, DaleDVM said:

I literally read this post and it did not register in my brain about the 10305 minifigs. They are sold out now but it is good to know this may be an option in the future!  Thanks for the post!

AND I got the final two Viking torsos that I was missing.  Thanks again!

Its only for the US though. I didn't check the region and filled up my basket, but it would only let me select an adres in the US. So I check for EU and most of the items are either not available or out of stock. :hmpf_bad:

Still nice of you to share! :wink:

Edited by Cyberfounder

2 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Boy, I sure hope that medieval market village remake is real.

What are you talking about???

Recent instagram leaks, there's what appears to be a medieval market village remake with a goat.

The more I look at the Village set, the more I think that those buildings are small. Maybe two larger buildings would be better. I noticed that they use regular city door in brown instead of those Harry Potter ones (with rounded top). I like the reference to the Lion Knights Castle with the similar tower (possibly a remke of Guarded Inn), but it seems that those houses has open backs… cant wait for the better pictures. If I get the info right this should be 2024 set? Or late 2023? 

3 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

The more I look at the Village set, the more I think that those buildings are small. Maybe two larger buildings would be better. I noticed that they use regular city door in brown instead of those Harry Potter ones (with rounded top). I like the reference to the Lion Knights Castle with the similar tower (possibly a remke of Guarded Inn), but it seems that those houses has open backs… cant wait for the better pictures. If I get the info right this should be 2024 set? Or late 2023? 

WAY too early for 2024 sets to be leaking, if this is real it's likely later this year.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

WAY too early for 2024 sets to be leaking, if this is real it's likely later this year.

If its true and those set will be released this year, it means only one thing… My wallet will cry loudly. Rivendell, Barad-Dûr, Medieval Village, Viking Village, Hocus Pocus, Snow White Cottage and Malefivent dragon… (and more sets can come)… this will be pricey year 🤦🏻‍♂️😀

It's from a market research survey of sets, or maybe these are from a catalogue, or both. But some of them are very clearly still concepts, so they could well be releasing next year and are still being finalized. Or indeed not releasing at all. But they look good, and I hope we do get them. The village will definitely add a lot to the castle.