Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

Wow, great models! @efferman that crane is pretty massive! I like the simplicity of the suspended axles and the steering linkage solution. Am I right to spot a 5L link there?

What other interesting new CADA exclusive parts are there in all these models?

9 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

What other interesting new CADA exclusive parts are there in all these models?

New inside flat Link Treads and a large Z104 bearing turntable in the JCB excavator that I designed together with @SaperPL

22 minutes ago, eric trax said:

New inside flat Link Treads and a large Z104 bearing turntable in the JCB excavator that I designed together with @SaperPL

Sounds interesting, thanks! Will you reveal more info about the internals here?

Also, in the steering system of the crane, I think I see a 3-way T shaped axle-pin connector connected to the steering rack, is that right @efferman?

Mazda 787b could be great, iconic race car that is deserving of a brick recreation.

Also, how good does the little AMG GT look

Excellent work @efferman! That's what Technic is all about, enabling many realistic functions with gears and axles. And if it also looks good it's a bonus.
Since that military crane has no license and is not financing any company in supporting on-going wars, I see no issues with buying it. The MB Zetros was also mainly grey, and that truck IS actually used in on-going wars as transport vehicle. So make your own conclusions.

That CR240E mining dump truck and the two new 1:10 cars look also good. The 1:8 Mazda RX-7 unfortunately is a miss imo.

I'm truly impressed by CADA catalogue! So many great models.

Great to see your names as designers, this reassures models quality.

Time to consider buying one?

11 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Am I right to spot a 5L link there?

Indeed, there are four of them in the set. The other CaDA related parts are the beams with perpendicular holes in different lengths, the Beams with pins at the end and all the parts CaDA has changed to avoid copyright infringements.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

That's what Technic is all about

Thank you very much. That gearbox was an intense puzzle work to fit it all in.

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Also, in the steering system of the crane, I think I see a 3-way T shaped axle-pin connector connected to the steering rack, is that right @efferman?

I can answer that one - yes, it's a part that's already in the AMG One from Bruno. Turns out that it's a really useful one, but I guess primarily it's to avoid a patented part, whether that's the straight pin hub or the 90° pin hub, idk.

7 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Yes it is one of the "copyright infringement avoiding" parts.

CADA > Lego.  

At least for the  Technic genre, IMO.

I feel almost as if we are witnessing some major changes in the building block toy industry. 

32 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

CADA > Lego.  

I feel almost as if we are witnessing some major changes in the building block toy industry. 

It does feel like that. It's amazing to think that TLG was once so far ahead of any other product, and now they seem to be lagging behind.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:43 PM, eric trax said:

Now that it's official, I can show next model for CADA, the CLAAS Dominator 370 combine harvester. It will be a real flagship! :pir-love: Also congratulations to @efferman and @Bricksley for joining the CADA family of designers. Great models! :)

Can you share dimension of rear tire on Dominator 370?

Thank you in adwance

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

CADA > Lego.  

Indeed! And I see two reasons behind it. One is that CADA is not afraid of heavily mixing technic and system parts, uniting the strengths of both worlds (functionality and looks). The other is that CADA seems to be faster at innovating new parts, some of them that are obvious candidates for the technic palette and should have been introduced long ago when there was a slight need for it, instead of trying to avoid them and working around them with clumsy builds, which happens a lot in Lego sets.

14 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Sounds interesting, thanks! Will you reveal more info about the internals here?

2x Control Box + 7 motors + physical remote + app profile for android and iphone. All JCB logos are printed on tiles. Fun fact: I designed the operator's cabin as a completely separate model for fun during the building process. You can detach it and place it next to the excavator :)

Undercarrige: Control Box + 2x micromotor for each track

Upperstructure: Control Box, 2x M pro motor for arm lifting, 1x M pro motor for 2'nd arm section and 1x M pro motor for bucket tilt.

4 hours ago, 1gor said:

Can you share dimension of rear tire on Dominator 370?

Thank you in adwance

Front tire 94.3x38, rear tire 75x30,5. Model have 6 working finctions powered by 2x Cada Control Box + 3x L Pro Motor, + Pro Servo Motor + 3x micromotors. Of course set have header trailer.

As you can see, the sets have a lot of electronics. Don't expect prices of $150-200 ;)

3 hours ago, eric trax said:

Front tire 94.3x38, rear tire 75x30,5.

ActualIy I was just looking for 94mm tractor tire

14 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

CADA > Lego.  

I agree, CaDA is stepping up and doing all the things right with their custom panels, new unique powerplugs, own aquired licences...

Seems "this other play-fair company" won't have anything to interfere / stop them in the future for importing their products into markets like europe etc... Also then they will have one real competitor in the shops, which will make their prices obviously overpriced.

I am so looking forward to see the danish start sweating because of their bs management which seems to have only ROI in their minds.. 

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

17 hours ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

Seems "this other play-fair company" won't have anything to interfere / stop them in the future for importing their products into markets like europe etc

While Cada plays fair in paying the people designing the MOCs as opposed to stealing them and have gotten a lot of licenses I wouldn't say they are entirely playing by the same rules as Lego.  Looking through their catalog there are still a ton of (spectacular!) models which are obviously certain real products that they haven't licenced.  I'm not defending Lego but you can be sure there's no way Ferrari would ever allow them to release a non branded model of a Ferrari without their cut of the sales.  I would also speculate that Cada doesn't compensate their MOC designers as the same level as Lego does but I hope I'm wrong since you're all doing a fantastic job.

But in terms of just comparing the lineup of who has the nicer technic sets, Cada clearly has hands down better models.  They have lots of the best MOC designers working for them and seem to let them make the models they want mostly so maybe that's just to be expected.  The resulting sets obviously have huge appeal to people like us but I think it remains to be seen if they have the same mass market appeal as stuff from Lego.  Interesting times for sure, lot's of things in that catalog that I would like to have.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:27 PM, Jockos said:

Although I prefer the sets with mostly Technic parts, I really like the two Claas machines! Hats off!

Yes, they look great; specially Dominator 370 with tractor tires that I always needed

19 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

I would also speculate that Cada doesn't compensate their MOC designers as the same level as Lego does but I hope I'm wrong since you're all doing a fantastic job.

Well, when it comes to either companies having a process of acquiring model ideas/submissions, at least CADA doesn't hold the rights to the model and then not do it even when reaching 10K supports on the platform, to only release the model based on the idea one year later... 

19 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

But in terms of just comparing the lineup of who has the nicer technic sets, Cada clearly has hands down better models. 

Better for us AFOLs, but probably Lego knows what they are doing in context of accessibility for younger audiences.

Has anyone else had issues ordering micromotors from Cada? The first time, back in August, I ordered 4 and only got one; luckily, customer service promptly replied to my e-mail notifying them of the missing motors, which were delivered separately a couple of weeks later. I placed a second order including 2 more micromotors in October; when the order was delivered, there were no motors. I immediately notified customer assistance but, this time, have not heard back from them in three weeks. It's really disappointing.

Just got myself forced to a subscription of "AoBrick" and because I ordered the AMG One directly from CaDA I got this advertisement. Is this a joke?

Screenshot-2023-12-07-08-11-47-859-com-y

Screenshot-2023-12-07-08-12-13-425-com-y

Cada's disc break wheel has same offset with TLG's landrover wheel. I tested it using planetary hub.

KakaoTalk_20231207_174724861_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20231207_174724861.jpg

I can't find downside of this wheel yet. This wheel allow place hub on outer side of wheel for deeper look and has changeable wheel cover.(as far as I know currently has 2 type. 9 spoke thing on sports car sets and dish type on DF-21D missile truck.). There is a reinforcement bar inside the wheel, but even when I installed a planetary hub that is slightly wider than a regular hub, there was nothing stuck.

Edited by msk6003

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Just got myself forced to a subscription of "AoBrick" and because I ordered the AMG One directly from CaDA I got this advertisement. Is this a joke?

I also got spam from a company called Godbricks on an email address only used for a CaDA order. So it seems they sell / share email addresses with third parties indeed :(