Haven't we seen "reviews" from people like shop owners who doesn't care about embargo dates, in the past? 

It won't be cancelled. Far more likely with the fact that it is on pre order. The reviews are intentionally late as they rightly suspect they will be fairly negative due to price etc. They hope enough pre-orders are placed before then and profit. Same as Nvidia only allow reviwes on the day there launched and how some films suppress review until tickets are sold.

Do you think Lego would stop a set even if had a flaw? They would just issue new pieces to fix it and revise the set later they have before. Like Wall-E and the floppy head problem.

let's help TLG with a survey

- I would not by this set

- I will wait for reviews before deciding

- I have pre-ordered or I will pre-order

3 hours ago, fred-eric said:

let's help TLG with a survey

- I would not by this set

- I will wait for reviews before deciding

- I have pre-ordered or I will pre-order

You could also add I will wait for a good discounted price. Maybe worth adding a poll to the topic?

Sorry to interrupt the speculations about the cancellation, but here is the first part of my detailed building review about this little set:

:laugh: I was about to post that 

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Sorry to interrupt the speculations about the cancellation, but here is the first part of my detailed building review about this little set:

My opinion for this set went from "Maybe I'll consider it if there's enough discount and mood for it" to "LOL NOPE even if someone gives me this for free" after watching the reviews. Huge thanks to the reviewer!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Never really considered buying this set. Some things like cable management and sturdyness of the build is quite good for such a model. Also I am happy about the recolouring of the and many liftarm racks, so the price for these drops hopefully :-)

Conclusion: Big for the sake of being big, but not big enough for displaying the real machine :D 

So my 2 cents

Not so good things

1. Over priced.

2. it does look to be unfinished and rushed. Could even be in a MOC category.

3. Does not have the feel of the real crane. 

4. New parts reducing the complexity of the builds/designs. Parts like the new open frames, jib sections, even direct drive motors for the spools. These parts may make the designs easier but "back in my day" we had to think when we designed :laugh:

Good things

1. playability and functions look on point for what it is supposed to do. 

2. Lifting capacity is actually good for the counter weight and design. m*d=F. the further away a load is the more force. All cranes have lower capacity at a distance. What the crane needs is an extra boon section of the rear boom and a second counter weight. 

3. Mod ability. This has almost all of the part you will need to build a really good crane. The back section needs a total redesign and those ball rollers need to go. Add an extra section on the rear boom and a second floating counter weight. The cab also needs redesign. 

I have built many heavy lift cranes and the largest had a lift capacity of 4kg, this set is a good set to Mod and build your own. My problem is do I redesign my heavy lift with some of the new parts or just buy this one....The 42042 is still the the best crawler crane Lego has put out and the 42009 mobile is the best crane to date (happy I have both).

So I will more than likely buy this set and Mod the heck out of it because I have all of the others. 

Thanks again for the reviews 

53 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Even comes with 2 balls for large GBC machine

They're too big for the GBC standard.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like rumours of this set's cancellation were highly exaggerated.

There were no such rumours to begin with. Somebody posting a sentence jokingly is not a rumor. But people still continue to talk about it, and it was getting pretty boring. Finally the reviews end the nonsense talk and we can discuss the actual product.

@kbalage About the counterweights - are those definitely just ABS? They seem to look like a metal plate covered in plastic. Just out of curiosity I would like to see what would happen if you'd try to drill it through :)

Also are those holes on those counterweights compatible in any way with pins?

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

I hope you didn't overdose in popcorn while watching people here considering the set's cancellation. :grin:

Seems like a nice building experience, nice parts pack and nice playability, but the price is indeed out there and the looks is pretty terrible.

And those counterweight parts are really strange, why would TLG desing such a single-purpose part? Though I'm expecting someone to NPU the hell out of it.

50 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

@kbalage About the counterweights - are those definitely just ABS? They seem to look like a metal plate covered in plastic. Just out of curiosity I would like to see what would happen if you'd try to drill it through :)

Also are those holes on those counterweights compatible in any way with pins?

According to the Brickset article, the counterweights cannot connect to anything.

The ball rollers may not be realistic, but they are probably the easiest solution for omnidirectional rollers which can take significant load. Wheels which are offset from their pivot would take less weight, while wheels whose axle is directly under the pivot would need to be actively rotated.

Why cant we have something functional and good looking and reasonably priced like the good ole day, like Big Red. I actually bought two Big Reds. If this set is sold like that I would gladly give TLG my 700$ :(

Don't forget that Big Red was dunked on in its day for being overpriced and oversized, with too many decorative panels that only drove up the price.

But yeah. I get the nostalgia for Big Red after seeing this one.

3 minutes ago, icm said:

Don't forget that Big Red was dunked on in its day for being overpriced and oversized, with too many decorative panels that only drove up the price.

But yeah. I get the nostalgia for Big Red after seeing this one.

Maybe anyone recall, what was the last technic flagship set about which members of eurobricks forum was satisfied ? :) 

Seeing it in detail is genuinely making me sad, what could have been... I does look very unfinished and the design of the weights seems intentionally limiting (hard to integrate in something that spins) my hope for the new supercar is markedly lower now