5 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Sheesh! How many of the 5k books does Lego just give away to "reviewers"?:hmpf:

Zero, as we got unnumbered samples. 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Arn't those even more desirable than the 5K numbered ones then because they are more rare then? Does TLG forbid reviewers to sell their samples after the review?

(Why the hell anyone would waste 80 bucks for this is a mystery to me btw. But I guess the collector with too much disposable income will pay any ammount for anything. Its "Limited Edition" after all :laugh_hard:)

On 5/25/2022 at 1:12 PM, Zerobricks said:

A great step forward in the evolution of the 1:8 supercars

Jerry, I have always valued your opinion.  But wondering how you figure this one.....

22 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

(Why the hell anyone would waste 80 bucks for this is a mystery to me btw. But I guess the collector with too much disposable income will pay any ammount for anything. Its "Limited Edition" after all :laugh_hard:)

Actually I am more interested in the book than the lego car. From reviews it looks like they really put an effort into it and showed some behind the scenes of the development process. But it is hard to justify the price. On the other side, Ferrari Automobilist posters costs about the same.

Few years back Ferrari made a coffee table book which cost 30000€! Pagani made a not limited book series, which was around 200€. For luxury automotive brands, this is a form of presentation, and its usually limited and extra expensive, even if they don´t show much of the developement process. It does not make sense, if only one who can afford it is someone who really owns this type of supercar. So they found a way how to sell 5000 copies to lower priced market. Is it 80€ for lego book a much? Yes, I agree. Is it much for "Ferrari limited series"? That license, thats what we paying for here...

Anyway, there should be some interesting castle gwp in middle of the June, do you think it will be in stock until then (car not the book)?

So, just to sum up the new parts, prints and recolours aside, we have 8 new moulds? 

-Triangle panel

-5x3x2 panel

-Left rim

-Right rim

-Tyres

-Wheel arch

-14t bevel gear

-22t bevel gear 

This leaves it tying with the BMW motorbike for most new parts in a technic set, ever? 

40 minutes ago, monaghanman said:

So, just to sum up the new parts, prints and recolours aside, we have 8 new moulds? 

-Triangle panel

-5x3x2 panel

-Left rim

-Right rim

-Tyres

-Wheel arch

-14t bevel gear

-22t bevel gear 

This leaves it tying with the BMW motorbike for most new parts in a technic set, ever? 

Ah, but you forget to count the left and right variants of the triangle panel separately, so it would be a total of nine, beating out the BMW!

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Arn't those even more desirable than the 5K numbered ones then because they are more rare then? Does TLG forbid reviewers to sell their samples after the review?

Well, I could write "1" or "5001" on it so yeah, it can be made extra rare :laugh:  And to answer your question, no we are not allowed to sell review samples. 

Btw I would buy the book if I didn't receive it for review, it has tons of interesting background information, dozens of informative images and so on. I love to know more about the development process, I really enjoyed building the Bugatti back those days when they released a podcast series with interviews and lots of interesting stuff, actually missed something similar for the Lamborghini. I really wish this book was part of the package, it's a shame that it is a limited edition. 

1 hour ago, monaghanman said:

Most in recent years? Maybe. Ever? Almost certainly not. It's probably something older, either during Technic's first years, the swap to studless or the swap in panel style.

3 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Available for pre-order where I live, for 339,90€ with availability starting at 1.8. For some reason it's not available in lego.com yet.

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/795526/LEGO-Technic-42143-Ferrari-Daytona-SP3

There is no reason to pre-order. The set won't be shipped out until August (or later), at which point you might just be able to buy it for that price directly or maybe even cheaper.

3 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I really wish this book was part of the package, it's a shame that it is a limited edition. 

I feel the same. Putting this in the set to underline it as a premium product would be something I'd understand. And for 400 bones it is something I'd expect as a customer. 

But if they wanted to do a limited edition they should have done 5000 limited sets that come with a different colorsceme and the book inside the box. That way it would at least be something special. The book alone for 80 bucks just feels cheap to me.

@Gray Gear "Cheap" was not the word I had in mind. 

:wink:

Even worse, the Swiss price for the book is 109 CHF, which is like 105 euro (as opposed to the eurozone price of 80)....

16 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Even worse, the Swiss price for the book is 109 CHF, which is like 105 euro (as opposed to the eurozone price of 80)....

Yes,  but you can open a new line of credit at your preferred Swiss bank and be able to afford this. 5 years later, over 200 euros in interest fees alone, and you're all settled up.

I kid, but all in all, while I would have preferred the set and the book to be slightly cheaper, I kind of understand it.

Ferrari wants to be "the" hyper-sports-car brand, Lego wants to also take advantage of this - it is what it is.

I actually really like it, price aside. And I'm sure our very dedicated and talented community can pimp up this Ferrari to something truly spectacular. @jb70, @Didumos69 where you at, guys?

56 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Doesn't show up in here though: https://www.lego.com/fi-fi/themes/technic

55 minutes ago, LvdH said:

There is no reason to pre-order. The set won't be shipped out until August (or later), at which point you might just be able to buy it for that price directly or maybe even cheaper.

Yeah, I'm not going to do a pre-order, but it was interesting to find out about the price.

I’m also more interested in the book, than the actual set itself right now. 
And it’s easier to explain to my wife as well; $80 vs $440 ( including the taxes here in California)…

If at a later date I decide that I want to add the model to the collection (which of course I would want to, already know that), than I can still do that when it’s on sale, double points, etc. 
The set will be around at least a year, unless it really bombs,… but the book is special right now ?…

4 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Why. Because I can.

10 hours ago, kbalage said:

Ah, fair enough, didn't know that!

Btw i like your reviews, and sariels, and couple others... But i mean there are also some reviewers i don't watch, and i don't understand why TLG is giving them anything...

I will buy the book as well. Ofc it will shoot up in price so i want it now to see what it actually looks like inside without paying zillions of €, and also to sell it for a profit one day because ima human :D

The book is not visible on the AU Lego page, wonder it we will even get it, I sure hope so.

It is not visible in EU shop either, but you can get to its page by searching 5007418 in shop.

9 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I feel the same. Putting this in the set to underline it as a premium product would be something I'd understand. And for 400 bones it is something I'd expect as a customer. 

But if they wanted to do a limited edition they should have done 5000 limited sets that come with a different colorsceme and the book inside the box. That way it would at least be something special. The book alone for 80 bucks just feels cheap to me.

I fully agree

IMHO, TLG could easily have offered a “special edition” with a more “Rosso Corsa”-like car body colour (i.e. Dark Red) and the book included, for 100€/$ more.

i’d have bought it immediately!

27 minutes ago, Rikus said:

I fully agree

IMHO, TLG could easily have offered a “special edition” with a more “Rosso Corsa”-like car body colour (i.e. Dark Red) and the book included, for 100€/$ more.

i’d have bought it immediately!

Why would they do that now? Release the standard car, and have everyone buy it. Then release a special edition in a different colour in 6-12 months, so that people buy a second copy.

9 hours ago, howitzer said:

Doesn't show up in here though: https://www.lego.com/fi-fi/themes/technic

It does, unreleased items are always at the end of the list, you have to go to page 3.

34 minutes ago, Peter1999 said:

It is not visible in EU shop either, but you can get to its page by searching 5007418 in shop.

It's the same in all shops, both the set and the book can be found after the currently available sets on page 2/3 of the Technic listings.

3 hours ago, OnyyX said:

The book is not visible on the AU Lego page, wonder it we will even get it, I sure hope so.

This is not an official statement from LEGO, but I got this comment on one of my Facebook posts (you might want to validate this with Customer Service again):

image.png.7bca53c3a3c1b3c3b6a8dbe8abdc0c08.png.e01b1c1f979330a874150fe8404ee989.png

32 minutes ago, kbalage said:

It does, unreleased items are always at the end of the list, you have to go to page 3.

I did that yesterday when I looked for it and didn't see it but now it's there. Oh well.

11 hours ago, astyanax said:

@Gray Gear "Cheap" was not the word I had in mind. 

:wink:

Wow, that´s so shameless. But I suppose there are at least 5000 millionaires living in Switzerland alone willing to buy this? Perfect supply-and-demand situation. For me this limited slipcase product is so diconnected from reality and represents the essence of nonsense in our crazy world. I mean everything is to see in relation to the price. IMO the coffee table book should have been simply a part of the premium Ferrari set, apart from the building instructions. And better keep the bulding instructions clean from marketing stuff. 

Edited by brunojj1