MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I like it. There’s some good details in the throne room area and I like the figure selection. The grate leading to the ranch pit does feel a bit tacked on though. I kind of wish they’d done what they did with previous version and added some kind of trapdoor mechanism. 

57 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Looks like something should be on top of the main section with the little clip pieces on there and such.Bacta room with black k would make sense.Otherwise kinda weird they didn’t round off the top like the last one.

This is my hope as well. It definitely seems intentional and giving us a little expansion with Boba's bacta tank, armor/weapon rack with Black K and maybe a "Bacta Boba" would make for a great little $20 set imo but we shall see. I definitely can't wait for sets that are actually based on the show but that could be another year away.

Spoiler

I FORGOT TO ADD A SPOILER TAG AND CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD ONE WHEN EDITING THE POST, READ BELOW WITH CAUTION

https://ibb.co/5x66njf
https://ibb.co/BK9ccKJ
I hope the June BOBF set is Boba on the Rancor, one of those massive droideka things, Bane, and 2 Pykes. 

Edited by MKJoshA
Fixed

10 hours ago, The Stud said:

I mean, the show is reported to be doing very well in ratings so I doubt the set will flop. Besides, after tomorrow’s finale, some of the gripes people have with the show itself may very well dissipate and be forgotten about when this set releases in a few weeks. (Yes, I’m being optimistic.)

Oh and the sequel movies were also bringing folks to the cinema. I'm just very sceptical about how this will reflect on toy sales for kids and so on. Maybe I'm wrong - but in the last years I never saw a single kid at work dressed up as Rey, Kylo, Zori Bliss or whatever. That's like a few hundred kids overall without a single case of Disney Star Wars products except for the Mandalorian. What I did see was some dads trying to give their kids Star Wars toys but the kids preferred Spider-Man, some animated movie characters (Frozen or whatever the names were).

5 hours ago, DrCoomer said:

Rystall Sant needed a new hair mold or something. The part they went with is not only the wrong color, but the shape is completely off and there's no depiction of the signature horns on her face. 

To be honest I feel like we've got around infinite hair molds since a few years. I'm glad about recolours instead of new molds being wasted on some background character who appeared 2 seconds. For the Quarren at least you could say it's mold is highly reusable for any aquatic, alien or Star Wars setting. Better if they make new Mandalorian helmet + jetpack molds :pir-classic:

33 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Oh and the sequel movies were also bringing folks to the cinema. I'm just very sceptical about how this will reflect on toy sales for kids and so on. Maybe I'm wrong - but in the last years I never saw a single kid at work dressed up as Rey, Kylo, Zori Bliss or whatever. That's like a few hundred kids overall without a single case of Disney Star Wars products except for the Mandalorian. What I did see was some dads trying to give their kids Star Wars toys but the kids preferred Spider-Man, some animated movie characters (Frozen or whatever the names were).

To be honest I feel like we've got around infinite hair molds since a few years. I'm glad about recolours instead of new molds being wasted on some background character who appeared 2 seconds. For the Quarren at least you could say it's mold is highly reusable for any aquatic, alien or Star Wars setting. Better if they make new Mandalorian helmet + jetpack molds :pir-classic:

Comparing tBoBF to the ST is utterly absurd for so many reasons. TBoBF is a hundred times better for one thing. 

The only thing I will agree with you on is that a lot of molds and printing have been wasted on background characters but that was a bigger problem with recent films. At least we're getting more alien heads that are versatile and long sought after like the Quarren.

This new version of Jabba’s palace seems pretty good to me but not flawless. First of all the lack of iconic roof is I big miss. That whole mosque controversy from 2013 was ridiculous and everyone knows that. That’s how this palace looks in the movies, that’s why 2012 version had this roof! But Lego being reactive and lacking spine when it comes to reacting to stuff like this designs set without its iconic roof…

The interior though looks pretty good, enough space for minifigs and nice details included.  Although entrance tower is way to small it works.

Minifigs look good, although it very sad to see Lego refuse to make Bobas helmet and jet pack in accurate dark green color instead of sand green here. Even that promo image they made recolored helmet and jet pack in accurate colors, yet the refuse to fix official minifig. 

But overall it’s a good set, but I think 100$ is way to expensive for it, 80$ feels like more fair price to me.

Edited by benderisgreat

4 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I think what you’re seeing is more so the result of the cultural shift over the last few years. Star Wars isn’t top dog anymore, Marvel and Fortnite are what a lot of the kids are into now. In spite of this shift, The Mandalorian has still been a colossal success with people of all ages and there are tons of videos of kids getting excited to see Rey, Kylo and BB-8 at Galaxy’s Edge. 

Now that we’ve seen every episode of The Book of Boba Fett (Season 1?), I really don’t see what else the $60 set can be besides:

Something with the Rancor or maybe Din’s N-1 Starfighter. Even then, I’d assume that the latter would be saved for The Mandalorian Season 3 but maybe not. (If it is the N-1, hopefully they include Mando Ahsoka since I’m sure she won’t have the same outfit for her own series.) For the piece count, those giant droideka things are possible, especially if the Rancor is still molded and not brick-built, but I don’t know. They just don’t seem as likely to me.

Hopefully we get Cad Bane and Krrsantan regardless. Those are the only new minifigs I’m particularly worried about getting from this show at this point.

Edited by The Stud

Since I missed the 2012 set, the new palace definitely interests me. Wondering if the lack of roof is due to the old "mosque" controversy or if they're planning an addition like others in the thread have suggested. It looks so flat that I'm leaning towards the expansion idea. Plus, that would be an opportunity to work in more TBoBF-specific minifigs.

Gotta say, after seeing the finale,

Spoiler

this new palace would go great with a remake of the Rancor Pit just like last time. There's no better time to remake it, and the grate piece sitting in the middle of the floor with nothing around it in the new palace makes me think it might already be in the works.

I just want to say, once you hear the final piece of music from BoBF you can't un-hear it :laugh:

I like Boba's palace. Enough to buy it at least. The minifigs are really good with some variety.

Now I know I'm probably asking for too much for 60 dollars but...

Spoiler

Buff droideka vs rancor please?

Well... We now have some prices/piece counts for 2022 Summer Sets from PromoBricks!  (Prices in Euros)

75323 Cad Bane's Ship 1022 Pieces 159.99

75325 ? 411 Pieces 69.99

75332 AT-ST 4+ 87 Pieces 29.99

75333 Jedi Starfighter 282 Pieces 29.99

75334 ? 408 Pieces 49.99

75335 BD-1 1062 Pieces 99.99

75336 AT-TE 924 Pieces 99.99

75337 ? 1082 Pieces 139.99 

75340 Advent Calendar 329 Pieces 34.99 

True to form, the summer rumours seem VERY interesting! AT-TE was predicted by a lot of people but still nice to see it. I presume the Jedi Starfighter will be an episode II version, since we got the RotS model last year (and it ties in with the 20th anniversary). Cad Bane's ship is also a very nice surprise!

Best of all though, we FINALLY get a Fallen Order set! Buildable BD-1 will almost certainly be the first buildable droid I pick up. It would be nice if one of the remaining EUR100+ sets is the Mantis but I'm not holding my breath.

Are these real though?  We've had a few fake leaks in the past week or so.

If they are real, I bet either 75325 or 75334 is Mando's starfighter, and 75337 is a Republic Gunship.  That would go with the AT-TE for 75336 and with the 20th anniversary of AoTC, as well as handing the torch over from the Razor Crest in that approximate size class/ship class in the product line.  But that's just speculation.  I guess Promobricks is usually a reliable source.  Whose Jedi starfighter do you think it's gonna be this time?  I'm hoping for Obi-Wan's from AOTC, I missed the 2017 model.  And I guess Cad Bane's ship must appear in Bad Batch Season 2 or the Obi-Wan Kenobi show, because (spoiler, not spoiler) it doesn't appear in BoBF.  That's what makes me a bit skeptical about this list, I don't know any reason for Cad Bane's ship to appear there especially at the whopping $160 price point.

1 minute ago, icm said:

Are these real though?  We've had a few fake leaks in the past week or so.

This is from Promobricks - about as reputable a source as you can get.

Promobricks released part of the Summer 2022 set list.

75253 is Cad Bane’s Ship.

753332 is a 4+ AT-ST.

75333 is a Jedi Starfighter.

75335 is a buildable BD-1.

75336 is an AT-TE.

75340 is the Advent Calendar as speculated.

I’m surprised that the biggest non-D2C set this year will be Bad Batch based but I’m cool with that. Presumably we’ll also finally be getting our Omega figure there if Season One’s anything to go by.

I was predicting an AT-TE for this summer, so I’m glad to see I was correct. I imagine it’ll be based on AOTC, as will the Jedi Starfighter. Hopefully we get new versions of Count Dooku and Episode 2 Anakin.

And YES!!! We’re finally getting Fallen Order Lego. Looks like @jdubbs really was hinting at something when he quoted my post a few weeks back. Hopefully we get some minifig-based sets as well! Makes sense for Lego to do it this summer since the game was originally rumored to be coming this summer, but seems to have been pushed back to late this year/sometime in 2023.

As someone who is primarily collecting from the Disney+ shows now, I hope some/most of the rest will be Kenobi/Andor based but we’ll see!

Edited by The Stud

Very interesting summer rumors. They sound too good to be true, especially with the amount of fake leaks recently. Bd-1 stands out for sure as Lego designers said Fallen order is “too violent” to be made in lego. I’ll wait for confirmation but i hope this list is real.

This set is perfectly in line with all the chibi-fied builds we have been getting lately. It’s not great but not bad either.

I’ll buy it and use the bricks to expand my 2012 palace.

Btw has that brown alien (Nikto or Weequay?) actually been mentioned in any of the rumors so far? I’ve seen 2 G guards rumored mostly instead.