MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Shuttle looks great, it's a day 1 buy for me.

It's not perfect but it's really close. I think the icing on the cake would have been if they split the rear hinge to either side of the main body so they could fit a gunners seat at the rear, but it's not a big deal at this point for me. The attention to detail with alternate hairpieces, a gonk, BB poster stickers from the show, and wrecker's beloved weapons crate show me LEGO put in the effort on this one. I also agree with the sentiment that it will be really easy to modify that storage area into a final seat for Omega, it looks to be 3x4 studs which is plenty of room.

Now I am waiting to see what that Imperial Cruiser looks like. I don't have a lot of space and I have been holding off all Mando Merch until I can make a display decision.

I really hope the Armory includes beskar mando. I will be happy to skip the TOT set. I am either going Razorcrest or Light Cruiser as a display centerpiece. The big cruiser kind of messes scale for me, I might just hold off on the cruiser and do a display built around the Razorcrest, especially since the armory would go well with it, and the tie and new troop transport will scale better than the cruiser. I just wish there was a speeder bike for the scout trooper.

1 hour ago, Alex_South said:

I really hope the Armory includes beskar mando. I will be happy to skip the TOT set. I am either going Razorcrest or Light Cruiser as a display centerpiece. The big cruiser kind of messes scale for me, I might just hold off on the cruiser and do a display built around the Razorcrest, especially since the armory would go well with it, and the tie and new troop transport will scale better than the cruiser. I just wish there was a speeder bike for the scout trooper.

I'm using the Imperial Speeder Bike design from the 2020 AT-AT for my Scout Troopers, and I gave one a 61976 Messenger Pouch.

Edited by Pedilego

Just watching the two Bad Batch episodes so far and dwelling on it, it's a real shame LEGO didn't make a second new helmet mould to use for Hunter, Crosshair and Echo. While all of their helmets in the show are slightly different, they are all similar enough to each other - and all lacking the top ridge of the regular P2 Clones that LEGO has used for them.

I still like the set itself and the fact that they've included all of the figures, but those three helmets really are wrong - and it's a let down IMO.

It's not necessarily LEGO's fault on this 100%, but just comparing them to the Knights of Ren for a second and what do we have: on the one hand, extremely accurate and unique figures for the most throwaway characters, and on the other hand inaccurate "good enough is good enough" figures for five characters with an actual story.

I'm fine with the three helmets. They may not be accurate, but I don't believe that helmets on Lego minifigures will ever be "accurate", and to me, the helmets look pretty good in their own right.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's not necessarily LEGO's fault on this 100%, but just comparing them to the Knights of Ren for a second and what do we have: on the one hand, extremely accurate and unique figures for the most throwaway characters, and on the other hand inaccurate "good enough is good enough" figures for five characters with an actual story.

Fully agree with this to be honest. I’m excited to get the Shuttle and am loving the show thus far, but keep thinking “these minifigures would have been perfect IF..”. New moulds aside, I think the small things like Echo’s Kama and backbacks for Hunter and Echo would’ve really improved both figures, and let’s not forget a rangefinder for Crosshair. Although it’s understandable a lot of these choices were probably for the benefit of seating the characters in the Havoc Marauder.

Apples and oranges of course, but it would have been great if standard non-film SW waves had the same Carte Blanche-like approach towards new minifigure moulds like film waves did due to their bigger budgets. So many unique (and one off!) minifigures like the KoR, Enfys Nest, Weazel, Dryden Vos’ Guards, the list goes on.

Nonetheless, the summer wave has reignited my enthusiasm for Lego Star Wars, can’t wait for pictures.

Edited by T21Typhoon

14 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

I'm fine with the three helmets. They may not be accurate, but I don't believe that helmets on Lego minifigures will ever be "accurate", and to me, the helmets look pretty good in their own right.

I'm glad for you and anyone else that likes them. For my taste, I'm not looking for intricately perfect replicas, but overall shaping matters. Mando's helmet isn't perfect for instance, but it's fine. It's got the right overall shape and nothing glaringly wrong.

P2 helmets for the Bad Batch are out and out wrong. The helmet has the top ridge and the Bad Batch don't. It's the same level of wrongness as the P1 Clone Pilots using the standard P1 helmet, except the difference here is that these are actual important characters who we are going to spend a lot of time with in this show.

I agree with you @T21Typhoon. It seems like waves for new films get a lot of budget for new parts, while waves for shows and other things do not.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Mando's helmet isn't perfect for instance, but it's fine. It's got the right overall shape and nothing glaringly wrong.

Out of curiosity, which Mando helmet are you referring to? The first one, or the new one that comes with the Beskar armor version?
'Cause I'm bothered by the new helmet where the vertical bar of the T-visor looks too wide. I hope that's corrected for the upcoming set he'll appear in.
Speaking of which, when are the upcoming sets supposed to release? :blush: Particularly Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser and the Imperial Troop Transport.

Regards,
Mitch

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

P2 helmets for the Bad Batch are out and out wrong. The helmet has the top ridge and the Bad Batch don't. It's the same level of wrongness as the P1 Clone Pilots using the standard P1 helmet, except the difference here is that these are actual important characters who we are going to spend a lot of time with in this show.

Exactly. Ultimately I think the physical profile of a minifigure plays a large role in how good/accurate it looks, especially for armoured/helmeted characters. Using existing helmet pieces works for someone like Wrecker, but less so for Echo and Hunter. 

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Speaking of which, when are the upcoming sets supposed to release? :blush: Particularly Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser and the Imperial Troop Transport.

Regards,
Mitch

August 1st :classic: Although the Beskar Forge is due for a September release apparently. Still hoping Lego just releases that with the rest of the summer wave. I wonder if Paz Viszla’s jetpack will be brickbuilt if he does end up using Wrecker’s armour piece?

3 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

August 1st :classic: Although the Beskar Forge is due for a September release apparently. 

Got it, thanks! :sweet::thumbup:

Guess I'll have the Marvel sets to occupy me in the meantime :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

Someone posted a retailer list for the summer wave on the LSW subreddit. It looks like the official set name for the Imperial transport is the "Trexler Marauder"

8 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Someone posted a retailer list for the summer wave on the LSW subreddit. It looks like the official set name for the Imperial transport is the "Trexler Marauder"

Maybe that's why they didn't call the bad batch shuttle the Havoc Marauder. I'm pleasantly surprised they went with Trexler Marauder

1 hour ago, AIex said:

Maybe that's why they didn't call the bad batch shuttle the Havoc Marauder. I'm pleasantly surprised they went with Trexler Marauder

That would make sense. It's also weird because they rarely go by the in-universe name for vehicles like this

Edited by avengers777

Just now, avengers777 said:

That would make sense. It's also weird because they rarely go by the in-universe name

It might be that in this case, the vehicle was explicitly called a Trexler Marauder in its one appearance in the show by the blue guy, as opposed to just a troop transport, which is unusual (I don't think the movies or shows ever refer to, say, a speeder bike as a 74-Z or an X-wing as a T-65).

14 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It might be that in this case, the vehicle was explicitly called a Trexler Marauder in its one appearance in the show by the blue guy, as opposed to just a troop transport, which is unusual (I don't think the movies or shows ever refer to, say, a speeder bike as a 74-Z or an X-wing as a T-65).

I think that's it.  The Razor Crest was also directly referred to as "Razor Crest" multiple times, including in the first five minutes of Episode 1, Season 1.  I don't believe I can remember anyone referring to the Bad Batch Shuttle as the Havoc Maurauder on the show.

(and to be honest, I don't really think it matters much what the set is called.  They could call the Millenium Falcon "Giant circular gray junk" and I'd probably still be interested in buying it :laugh:)

15 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Out of curiosity, which Mando helmet are you referring to? The first one, or the new one that comes with the Beskar armor version?

I was referring to the use of the pre-existing Mandalorian helmet for Din Djarin in general. Its moulded shape is not 100% accurate to him - he's got those little points at the bottom of the front, for example - but its overall shape and look match well enough that it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nothing about it is glaringly wrong. They should do more accurate printing like you've said, though.

9 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I was referring to the use of the pre-existing Mandalorian helmet for Din Djarin in general. Its moulded shape is not 100% accurate to him - he's got those little points at the bottom of the front, for example - but its overall shape and look match well enough that it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nothing about it is glaringly wrong. They should do more accurate printing like you've said, though.

Ah, yeah. I see what you mean! 
I've just taken a look, incidentally, and I noticed my gripe for the print on the new helmet goes for the first helmet as well. Guess I didn't notice because it's a lot darker.

Regards,
Mitch

Anyone else think the body of the Probe Droid would make a good mini Cloud City with a bit of work? Just randomly looked at it sideways and saw it.  

35 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

What do you all think of our chances of getting Commander Cody in the UCS Gunship? What excuses could LEGO use if we’re not getting him? 

We're not. The rumored minifigures are a P1 clone captain and Mace Windu. The reasoning is that UCS sets focus on builds and not minifigures. 

Edited by avengers777

33 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

What do you all think of our chances of getting Commander Cody in the UCS Gunship? What excuses could LEGO use if we’re not getting him? 

0 Chances.
Gunship is based on episode 2 so P2 Cody would make 0 sense. Now you may say that LEGO asked which figures we wanted when we voted for the UCS set,but i can definitely understand why they went with their own picks when community trolled the figure selection picks,picking things like rose tico,jar-jar and jedi bob. 
The real question is why they didn't put P2 Cody in overpriced Grievous starfighter. 

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

0 Chances.
Gunship is based on episode 2 so P2 Cody would make 0 sense. Now you may say that LEGO asked which figures we wanted when we voted for the UCS set,but i can definitely understand why they went with their own picks when community trolled the figure selection picks,picking things like rose tico,jar-jar and jedi bob. 
The real question is why they didn't put P2 Cody in overpriced Grievous starfighter. 

The vote for a figure seems pointless then. I and many others will never forgive LEGO for this. 

50 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

The vote for a figure seems pointless then. I and many others will never forgive LEGO for this. 

I voted for Rex and Cody and i am also upset,but you can't win with LEGO,if we vote with our wallets and boycott the set LEGO will say prequel sets aren't selling and we won't see one for next 20 years,if we buy it we won't be happy with it and we will support LEGO treating their fans like that.
I feel like people will be even more upset if jar-jar brickheadz vote ends up being pointless too.

The minifigure portion wasn't really a vote, more so what "what would you like to see with it". Though, I have a suspicion Mace Windu and a P1 Clone Captain weren't exactly the most requested figures there. 

57 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

I hope someone asks the designers about Cody, one of the ambassadors would do. 

I just want to hear the Lego Star Wars team genuinely answer the question of how in 16 years has (movie)Cody not made it into a single set. There is a 0% chance his popularity is unknown. Maybe an ambassador can pose this question in a mature way that doesn't just sound like a whiney fan (I feel like a lot of youtubers etc. sound more whiney and entitled, then simply baffled about his absence.) I think TLG tends to answer questions like this with non-answers instead of with any substantial reasons.