MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

14 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

To my understanding, this is a screenshot of the 360 view which was accidentaly put in the LAN press release kit for the R2-D2 - according to MandR 

Gotcha. I forgot about the 360 views! I'm still withholding judgement until the official pics come out.

19 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Yeah just looked closer at Palp’s shuttle and I wouldn’t be surprised if the BB one is just a straight-up update and recolor of that with speeders to justify the higher price. 

How did you know you madlad? This is exactly what it was, and you got it!

I've just seen the pics of the Bad Batch Shuttle set. I like the look of the set as whole, but I was expecting the shuttle to be larger as I don't think all the Bad Batch minifigs will fit within the ship. I'm not sure about the vertical fin, although I'm hoping it looks better once I see better pics.

I'll have to mod the BARC Speeder to match the mods already done to my 501st BARC Speeders. I think both builds look very similar. The second speeder looks nice.

The minifigs look great from what I can see & I don't have a Gonk Droid. I'll definitely be buying this set. :classic:

54 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

How did you know you madlad? This is exactly what it was, and you got it!

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural. 

now here’s my guess for the Gunship: the leak was wrong and it’s actually four pilots and eight shiny P2 clones to man it. this is the figure slate you are looking for, Lego. 

I think I’m going to end up waiting for a sale on this one, the figs look great but I don’t know if I can justify spending a hundred bucks for that monstrosity.

I still can’t get over the cockpit. Like it’s not even that hard to do, and Lego Designers have done that shape before. Disaster. Colour doesn’t bother me as I’m assuming it’s accurate to the show. 

I am absolutely fine with the sabd blue color scheme. It looks more unique and stands out in the collection. Furthermore, while the shuttle looks light gray in the two shows, it appears this is heavily based on that one concept art image that has been on the internet for years:

B153E946-9653-4722-AC7A-8EA99645649D.jpeg.afe0a82456fcad6753d30fb50bd98800.jpeg

in which it is sand blue.

58 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I am absolutely fine with the sabd blue color scheme. It looks more unique and stands out in the collection. Furthermore, while the shuttle looks light gray in the two shows, it appears this is heavily based on that one concept art image that has been on the internet for years:

*schnip*

in which it is sand blue.

Agreed, the sand blue looks fine. It's arguably closer to the blue colour of the original models used in ANH, which is a nice touch.

This picture also shows why the cockpit doesn't look great as well, IMO (I concede this is only a concept, but the one in the show is not much different). The nose and front of the ship are very angular, which you would've thought would translate fairly easily into LEGO, but for some reason they've used that round piece with a sticker which frankly looks nothing like it. The rest of the nose being all angles and sharp slopes only makes it stand out more, and since the cockpit is usually what the eye is drawn to first it doesn't make a great impression. A real shame.

24 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Agreed, the sand blue looks fine. It's arguably closer to the blue colour of the original models used in ANH, which is a nice touch.

This picture also shows why the cockpit doesn't look great as well, IMO (I concede this is only a concept, but the one in the show is not much different). The nose and front of the ship are very angular, which you would've thought would translate fairly easily into LEGO, but for some reason they've used that round piece with a sticker which frankly looks nothing like it. The rest of the nose being all angles and sharp slopes only makes it stand out more, and since the cockpit is usually what the eye is drawn to first it doesn't make a great impression. A real shame.

They literally just should have done the YT mod everyone did to the new imp shuttle, made the tip a bit sharper, slapped sand blue on it and called it a day. Instead now we’ve got this half-assed Marvel-looking piece of garbage with a STICKER. 

Can anyone in the UK speak from experience as to what picking up the May 4th D2C set from a Lego Store is like on release day? I'm planning on trekking to the Cardiff store next Saturday morning for opening to get R2 (mainly to get out of the house), but I'm a bit anxious about potential crowds and stock shortages. 

5 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Not exactly sure why, but the Shuttle pic floating around looks custom, not prelim or official. Just something about the way the pieces/characters are laid out looks off. With the exception of Poe's X-wing, every Star Wars ship currently on LEGO.com is angled with the front of the ship facing the left side of the screen, not the right as this picture has it. Also, when has LEGO ever had any sort of preliminary or official photos with shadows/reflections under the pieces as this photo has? It screams LDD. I might be wrong, but the entire thing looks fishy, like someone got a hold of all the leaked details, put together a good-looking MOC and now everyone thinks it's real. Just my $0.02.

Alpha Draconis already answered this with the 360 view comment, but I also want to toss in that this wouldn't be the first time set images have leaked in an unusual format. Back in 2013 the first images of the Death Star Troopers battle pack that leaked were proof-of-concept box art that had the Imperial gunners wearing these knight helmets because the new molds for their actual helmets weren't finished yet; and a couple of years ago there was a set (I can't remember which one, but somebody else here may remember) where the first pictures we saw were the usual nice, HD set images, but unfinished, so the stands the minifigs and other bits were set up on hadn't been edited out yet. In both cases there was a lot of skepticism until the official pictures were revealed and the leaks turned out to be real. So even if there wasn't a specific explanation for it, like there is in this case, these things do happen.

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

Can anyone in the UK speak from experience as to what picking up the May 4th D2C set from a Lego Store is like on release day? I'm planning on trekking to the Cardiff store next Saturday morning for opening to get R2 (mainly to get out of the house), but I'm a bit anxious about potential crowds and stock shortages. 

Ha, see you in the queue mate. I’m planning on being there when the doors open at 9:30

I'm fine with sand blue being used for the shuttle. As long as the set can fit all the minifigures I'm not too bothered by the scale either. The cockpit could definitely be improved though as it doesn't really capture that sharp pointed shape too well.

6 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Alpha Draconis already answered this with the 360 view comment, but I also want to toss in that this wouldn't be the first time set images have leaked in an unusual format. Back in 2013 the first images of the Death Star Troopers battle pack that leaked were proof-of-concept box art that had the Imperial gunners wearing these knight helmets because the new molds for their actual helmets weren't finished yet; and a couple of years ago there was a set (I can't remember which one, but somebody else here may remember) where the first pictures we saw were the usual nice, HD set images, but unfinished, so the stands the minifigs and other bits were set up on hadn't been edited out yet. In both cases there was a lot of skepticism until the official pictures were revealed and the leaks turned out to be real. So even if there wasn't a specific explanation for it, like there is in this case, these things do happen.

Thanks for the info! If this is a legit leak, I wonder how soon the actual set will be revealed. I was thinking mid-to-late summer, but a leak this early might mean an early May reveal?

4 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm fine with sand blue being used for the shuttle. As long as the set can fit all the minifigures I'm not too bothered by the scale either. The cockpit could definitely be improved though as it doesn't really capture that sharp pointed shape too well.

This. 100% agree. If it can fit figures, it'll end up doing it's job. I'm just hoping that the cockpit area will look a bit better in the official images or in real life.

29 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Thanks for the info! If this is a legit leak, I wonder how soon the actual set will be revealed. I was thinking mid-to-late summer, but a leak this early might mean an early May reveal?

I've been theorizing for weeks it'll be revealed around may 4th as a tie in with the premiere. No way that 

9 hours ago, LDigital said:

Ha, see you in the queue mate. I’m planning on being there when the doors open at 9:30

See you there! (At a safe distance of course! :laugh:)

6 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Just a thought. The $30 set is a Cobb Vanth speeder with some of Mos Pelgo? 

Hasn't that been ruled out already? :shrug_oh_well:

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hasn't that been ruled out already? :shrug_oh_well:

Yup. We know it’s not this, Obi-Wan’s starfighter or a mega battle pack. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Was Vader's meditation chamber revealed not to be the 70$ set or cancelled? 

If so, then maybe that is the 30$ set, similar to the Vader's transformation from 2017. It would fit the price and said exclusivity.

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

If so, then maybe that is the 30$ set, similar to the Vader's transformation from 2017. It would fit the price and said exclusivity.

I've been working on the assumption it is anyway. A lot of the set lists have been kind of ambiguous on those two sets, and the contents definitely don't scream $70 based on what we've heard so far. If anyone with more info knows please smite me down and correct me!

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

What are the odds that the cancelled set is the one that has Cara Dune in it?

I doubt it. It seems like Disney is allowing for companies to sell Cara Dune merchandise based on how far down the production cycle it is. Hasbro just released a new figure of her in the retro Kenner style and I believe Hot Wheels released a car for her too. The only things that were really pulled were from the Black Series, Vintage Collection, and Funko Pops - all of which were pre-orders for reissues of the figures.

Edited by avengers777

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

What are the odds that the cancelled set is the one that has Cara Dune in it?

Lego cancelling a $160 set because it has a (most likely repeat) figure of a character played by an actress that was "canceled" would really make me angry, but given the jabba's palace and slave leia "controversies", I wouldn't put it past them. I still do think it's more likely to be the one that we don't know the contents of, or the vader's meditation chamber, though.

4 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

75296 has been heavily implied to be the Vader's Meditation Chamber. Branded 18+, ~$69.99, 663 pieces (via Promobricks)

75319 is still the mystery $30 set. 

I have heard some other reputable leakers state that a set using the number 75369 (originally stated to be Vader's Chambers) is still coming this year.