3 hours ago, howitzer said:

Somehow I'm also hoping for a single hub solution, as 12 batteries for two hubs is a bit much, rechargeable or not.

Same, but a single hub solution wouldn’t fit the price point

26 minutes ago, dhc6twinotter said:

TechnicBricks is also saying there will be a 4x4 Mercedes Zetros of some sort.  

"Today another set from the LEGO Technic 2H2021 wave - 42129 "4x4 Mercedes-Benz Zetros Tri..".
This one will arrive in August, with a price tag should be in the range of 289,99€ - 299,99€."

Zetros would be the perfect model to re-use the planetary hubs, maybe we will get another set in the style of 8110.

15 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Same, but a single hub solution wouldn’t fit the price point

Yeah, true. And it might be that single hub isn't enough for operation anyway, as you'd need 2 motors to drive the tracks so only two ports available for other functions. Maybe with a 4-function gearbox it could be done (one motor as selector, another to drive the functions) but it's much more probable that there's two hubs.

On the other news, a Zetros could be nice, depending on functionality. Would complement nicely the Arocs.

Normally in a same wave, set become larger & more expensive when set number is higher.

Imagine this coming wave:

42129 - €200-300
42130 - €300-400 ??!! (Another large set?)
42131 - €450

Not impossible that this coming 2HY having 6 sets, maybe Lego want to compensate all technic fans with the cancellation of Osprey. I guessing this pattern:

August:
42126, 42127, 42128, 42129

October:
42130, 42131

Edited by Technicallism

3 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Maybe we will see something similar this, and probably using same tyre as the 42124 Buggy ?

Probably not, otherwise, it would be the flagship set...

I have been wanting to upgrade my MOD of 8275 ever since the new sprockets were released, but I guess I will wait for the new set now and work on a new crane instead.bulldozers3.jpg

6 hours ago, Technicallism said:

He said “yellow from the egg”

Is he hinting the bright orange (from 42099) instead of standard yellow?

Personally i think bright orange will be nicer with black caterpillar track

Actually Cat yellow is something between yellow and beige, so every Cat moc in yellow look a little "strange". Maybe they will really use the bright orange !

57 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

Another Yellow for Flagship..? Not again Pls...

That’s why we are talking now that it might come with the bright orange from 42099, since this year 42114 already yellow.

Only 2013 & 2014 flagship come side by side yellow in recent days.

8 hours ago, Technicallism said:

Maybe we will see something similar this, and probably using same tyre as the 42124 Buggy ?

AA38A52A-E08C-4EAA-A464-F6209E75C80D.jpeg

Or something like this :wink:

or this … :grin:

Hihi … Really looking forward how TLG has made it.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, Technicallism said:

That’s why we are talking now that it might come with the bright orange from 42099, since this year 42114 already yellow.

Only 2013 & 2014 flagship come side by side yellow in recent days.

If it’s a CAT machine it has to be yellow so I’d say they will use the standard yellow. But they even introduce a new colour that’s specifically ‘CAT Yellow’

I think, this then should be pneumatic, if they really will try to fit all functions, if they will not fake them. Or some "micromotor" is needed.

Also some brackets for cylinders, or something.

It seems, that existing tracks also could be too narrow, to build in scale.

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

It seems, that existing tracks also could be too narrow, to build in scale.

I think it’s possible that we will see new tracks and maybe double sprockets (side by side) for the High Drive...

Edited by JLSTechnic

New tracks would be a pretty strange decision, as the old ones are quite large and even if they wouldn't be exactly in scale for the model, I believe it's an acceptable compromise. And I really hope there will be something more interesting in new parts than another track tread piece.

The tracks must be yellow, otherwise it will look as a Bruder toy! 

5 hours ago, howitzer said:

New tracks would be a pretty strange decision, as the old ones are quite large and even if they wouldn't be exactly in scale for the model, I believe it's an acceptable compromise. And I really hope there will be something more interesting in new parts than another track tread piece.

Agreed. There's a ton of new more interesting (to me) parts this thing could have. For example:

Deep sprocket to allow the planetary hubs to be installed inside the sprocket,

Compact PU actuated pneumatic valve with integral servo motor

Axial pneumatic pump/compressor with variable position swash plate and possibly back drivable (pneumatic motor)

Pneumatic brake calipers and disks (for steering)

Planetary gears with both drivable and brake-able outer ring gear (for automatic transmissions). Gears shifted by sensing the current load on the motor and maybe also taking into account throttle (joy stick controller) position and motor speed to make a properly working automatic transmission.

As usual, I must add my disclaimer, these are only my own pipe dreams based on what this set could be. You must temper expectations to not be disappointed and judge any set for what it is.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, Technicallism said:

He said “yellow from the egg”

Is he hinting the bright orange (from 42099) instead of standard yellow?

Personally i think bright orange will be nicer with black caterpillar track

"Gelbe vom Ei" is just a german expression.

Bulldozer would be quite tempting, the original PF bulldozer was the set that got me back into lego.

Edited by S.I