Garmadon

Challenge V - Team Building

Looking to get together a team of others for Challenge V?  Trying to find another member or two to fill up your team?  Or are you looking to enter the collaboration category and at a loss how to get started?  Here's the place for you!  

Any and all team building discussion can take place in this thread, and, since there's really no need to keep them secret, I'll also ask complete groups to post here with a list of their team and to mention which Varlyrian family they're planning on building for.

Any questions relating to the challenge but not directly to team building can continue in the Challenge thread, and as before, if you have any questions about story or intrigue, feel free to shoot a PM to @Rogue Angel or myself! 

There's really only two teams?  There have to be more, right?  Other teams that are still looking for members?  Post here to pick up more members!

I may say, this has already been the funnest challenge I've been a part of here in GoH! I suggest anyone on the fence to jump in, you won't regret it! Working on a team can be one of the most challenging things in building but it's also one of the most rewarding and awesome.  

I could probably contribute with a build to this challenge, anyone looking for another teammate...?
Although I could use some creative guidance, quite blocked on what to build.

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

I could probably contribute with a build to this challenge, anyone looking for another teammate...?
Although I could use some creative guidance, quite blocked on what to build.

I sure hope you get a team! Henjin was thinking about entering, maybe the two of you could team up. If you guys need an idea I could help you out, or you could try to find a Varlyrian to join you, who should know what their doing!  Do you have a discord account? 

Greetings, fellow builders!
This should be a formidable challenge to explore the mysteries beyond the sea.

I'm looking for a handful of fearless builders willing to rewrite Varlyrian History with gut-twisting, mind-blowing and awe-inspiring builds.

I urge you, Mitgardians all around, to come forth and report for duty, for this is an opportunity like no other.
If glory is what you seek, and the chance to fight another battle, this is your time. This is OUR time. The moment has come for us to earn a spot at Odin's table and feast with our ancestors in Valhalla.

You, traveler, who's not yet part of a team, let me be the axe and shield to protect your back, and together, we will make our ways into this mighty challenge. 
Contact me in me shack or by letter or mail, if a cold-hearted builder from the North is what you seek, and I shall step up and attend your prayer.

This job has no pay, beside the thrill of putting brick atop of brick - in case you wonder.

For those of you who are interested in building and need the TL;DR version of the many various threads and stories for Varlyrio, I thought I'd write a quick summary.

Varlyrio has a ranked house system of rule and prestige.  Currently, this is the house rank, with players:

1. Amancio (@RogueAngel) (family is described in a post in the linked thread)
2. De Fiori (@Garmadon)
3. Baiamonte (unclaimed), Chiaro (unclaimed), Khaor (@narbilu)
4. Cioto (unclaimed), Conzaga (@Basiliscus), di Carlo (@ZlatanXVIGustaf)
5. D'Gatto (@mccoyed), Di Cioto (@W Navarre)
6. Waythe (@Judge of the Wastelands)

Family professions:

Amancio - shipmasters
Baiamonte - soldiery
Chiaro - merchants
Cioto - ?
Conzaga - winemakers
D'Gatto - artists and antiquarians
De Fiori - swordmakers
Di Carlo - merchants
Di Cioto - ?
Khaor - cloth and leather merchants, tailors
Waythe - judge and mercenary

History:

Not a lot of intrigue has transpired so far, but, aside from a few individual family happenings (mostly related to challenges with a few freebuilds here and there), the most intrigue has been:

Conspiracy between the de Fiori, di Carlo, and Conzaga families to depose the Rego, Supano Amancio

Clandestine meeting of the de Fiori family with the Rego

That brings us up to date as far as I am aware.  This does not include the Rego's meeting with the other guild heads and the Queen, which precipitated the challenge (since it's not really intrigue within the guild).  Feel free to correct or add events if I have missed something.  Hopefully this helps those that don't want to read through all the various threads so far and can spur some new ideas.

Edited by Grover

On 4/11/2020 at 4:15 AM, W Navarre said:

I sure hope you get a team! Henjin was thinking about entering, maybe the two of you could team up. If you guys need an idea I could help you out, or you could try to find a Varlyrian to join you, who should know what their doing!  Do you have a discord account? 

I'd be happy to team up with @Henjin_Quilones, what do you say...? :classic: 
Since I havn't been following all the Varlyrian threads, and it's in any case been a long time, I'd be happy to have support in deciding what the setting should be and the rough outline of what story my build should be telling.

I have a Discord account, but I'm not very active there.

18 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Greetings, fellow builders!
[...]

Did I get it right that you are primarily looking to form a team of Mitgardians? Or is the odd Kaliphlinite welcome otherwise...?

@Grover: Thanks for the summary! 

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

Did I get it right that you are primarily looking to form a team of Mitgardians? Or is the odd Kaliphlinite welcome otherwise...?

Absolutely welcomed, Sir Gideon!
I sensed the need to shout out to my fellow northerners and give them a push, but the opportunity to gather an alliance with the hot-landers seems extraordinary and unprecedented.

I'd be honored to be part, if you are willing, sire. 
I must point out that any effort to uncover Mitgardian secrets will be considered treason, and shall be dealt with axe in hand -- and mine's thirsty for blood. 

Putting our climate differences aside, I'd happily divide the responsibilities of this venture, and share the spoils of our triumph.

Skol! 

@Gideon and @Louis of Nutwood, I would be happy to join you on a team. My involvement is somewhat complicated by the fact that I have only about 2 weeks to build anything, as I am moving in a month and will need to pack away all the bricks prior to that, and probably won't have them back out and ready to use before the end of the competition. I am also competing in a different contest that takes up my time, so as long as my expected contribution is modest, I can take part. 

And then we'd have an Avalonian, a Mitgardian, and a Kaliphlinian on a team. 

Glad to have another team on the roster! You probably don't need me by now, especially with Grover's nice presentation, but if you do just say the word and I can try to help with an idea for a story!