nico71

Build The Impossible

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I am proud today to present you a teaser of a big project we have done with Lego brand ! We can not reveal details before the official release in mid-october but I would just say it was months of works and that we are exciting to show you ! :-)

2018_09_lego_technic_kran_lyon_0005-copy

From Left to right : Alban and Maxime (two afol friends), Me, Scott and Alan from Lego brand, and Regis (Anio) from techlug.

 

Edited by nico71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not nice :sad:, now we will be biting nails until October :laugh:... Now without jokes; I can only say that I'm looking forward to see what is the project result. Since it is mentioned in Technic forum it should be interesting (at least for me) :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too less information. Nothing to comment. Message because of message?
Teaser assumes any information about the upcoming project I think.

Even the description of the team do not match the photo: you are standing third from left, but count three members before you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd venture a guess that the project is related to the Bugatti Chiron.

Yeah, wasn't the "motto" for that project "Build the impossible"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Too less information. Nothing to comment. Message because of message?
Teaser assumes any information about the upcoming project I think.

Even the description of the team do not match the photo: you are standing third from left, but count three members before you.

Hello, sorry for that, indeed it is hard to wait even for us !

For the description, I have edited, I hope with better understanding :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you built the impossible NDA.  Is it impossible to break your NDA?  :pir-wink:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope it is not the Bugatti - the whatever metal frame and the chain drive was such a disappointment. "All built with LEGO bricks" … garbage.

Here in the Technic forum, folks learn the hard way, show it, know about it, that the >all LEGO< Bugatti 1:1 Scale >IS< impossible.

Whatever it is - don't use an Aluminum frame - or any other kind of non-LEGO stuff.

All the best and good luck for your project!

Thorsten  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toastie said:

I sure hope it is not the Bugatti - the whatever metal frame and the chain drive was such a disappointment. "All built with LEGO bricks" … garbage.

Here in the Technic forum, folks learn the hard way, show it, know about it, that the >all LEGO< Bugatti 1:1 Scale >IS< impossible.

Whatever it is - don't use an Aluminum frame - or any other kind of non-LEGO stuff.

All the best and good luck for your project!

Thorsten  

Woah, woah - easy there.   Actually, the post about the 1:1 Chiron didn't make the claim that it was all bricks.  From memory only, I think it mentioned something like 90% or something.  Not going to look it up, but the official post was more than transparent that the whole thing was not bricks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Woah, woah - easy there.   Actually, the post about the 1:1 Chiron didn't make the claim that it was all bricks.  From memory only, I think it mentioned something like 90% or something

It said "over 90%"... which is very rational.

2 hours ago, Toastie said:

the whatever metal frame and the chain drive was such a disappointment. "All built with LEGO bricks" … garbage.

Must disagree... the "behind the scenes" video showed an amazing amount of work go into it and some truly amazing solutions. LEGO really went out on a limb to make it possible. 

Anyways, disappointed to hear that I have to wait until mid-October to see what was built... knowing Nico, it should be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what exactly is the teaser, a picture of some random blokes? I don't get it, not even the slightest hint of what it could be or what it does. Thankfully I am a patient person a can just wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to team pictures name, it should be some crane, so most probably big 42082.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nico71 said:

Hello, sorry for that, indeed it is hard to wait even for us !

For the description, I have edited, I hope with better understanding :-)

Hey Nico! Now the desription is clear! Thanks! Waiting for any upcoming information! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really happy to see that Lego has recognised the importance of the French Lego Technic community through this project. Congratulations! Very curious to see the ourcomes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jurss said:

According to team pictures name, it should be some crane, so most probably big 42082.

It involves in fact the 42082 model :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, nico71 said:

It involves in fact the 42082 model :-)

If it will be bigger version, I wonder whether it would be 100% LEGO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nico71 said:

It involves in fact the 42082 model :-)

That really sounds interesting. We already know that you had created a C model for 42082 and I am pretty sure this post would not refer to it in any way since that model has already been made public in this forum before. Wondering if it is a 42082 on steroids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nico71 said:

Yes as soon the official release I will post here :)

Do you mean the release of the ready product??   Or you mean the announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 12:09 PM, Aleh said:

Do you mean the release of the ready product??   Or you mean the announcement?

as soon lego has done the official release, I will show you here :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be released mid-october? I am staying close to Billund that week :sweet::wink: or is it released world wide or online??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.