Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

45 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh definitely - I agree with almost everything you said after that. As much as I like the Gunship I don’t think it was necessary, and I wish we got a different set because there’s just way cooler stuff out there than Kashykkk.

True, but there are even some great Kashyyyk sets we could have gotten like a new Wookiee flyer or catamaran. Even a new AT-RT with a new Walker pilot minifig. I wouldn’t even say no to some kashyyyk platforms and huts or something. Definitely some new Wookiee warriors

I also would have preferred almost anything other than those two RotS sets. It kills me that LEGO insists on re-releasing near identical builds of the same vehicles every 3-4 years (Landspeeder, anyone?) when there are so many sets that last saw releases 10+ years ago. AotC and RotS are especially lopsided in their representation, and these two sets don't help at all. I get that kids like Jedi Starfighters, but if there's yet another one in the 2019 lineup I'm going to lose my mind.

52 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I also would have preferred almost anything other than those two RotS sets. It kills me that LEGO insists on re-releasing near identical builds of the same vehicles every 3-4 years (Landspeeder, anyone?) when there are so many sets that last saw releases 10+ years ago. AotC and RotS are especially lopsided in their representation, and these two sets don't help at all. I get that kids like Jedi Starfighters, but if there's yet another one in the 2019 lineup I'm going to lose my mind.

We're way overdue for a new snowspeeder (1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014) and it's getting to be about time for a Naboo starfighter (1999, 2007, 2011, 2015), but I think one TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are plenty for two decades, don't you?

3 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We're way overdue for a new snowspeeder (1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014)...

Don’t forget the microfighter, sandspeeder, and two UCS models! And I hate to say it, but It looks like there is another System snowspeeder coming in March (and a Naboo Starfighter microfigher in January, of course).

7 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We're way overdue for a new snowspeeder (1999, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014) and it's getting to be about time for a Naboo starfighter (1999, 2007, 2011, 2015), but I think one TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber are plenty for two decades, don't you?

Oh haha, very funny, I really don't appreciate your sarcastic attitude...

...I think you'll find it's A-Wings that we need more of! :grin:

After all, it's only been nearly 16 years since the last TIE Bomber :wall:

giphy-1.gif

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

After analyzing 2014 AT AP and coming one, it seems the upcoming one is a downgrade. The top of it is way less good but i m still going to buy it anyway but with a big retail on it.

10 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Don’t forget the microfighter, sandspeeder, and two UCS models! And I hate to say it, but It looks like there is another System snowspeeder coming in March (and a Naboo Starfighter microfigher in January, of course).

Based on the 2019 news thread, the only Snowspeeder I see coming in the first quarter of next year appears to be a polybag or similar promotional for $4.  Or do you think one of these will be a Snowspeeder (in which case, odds are it will be, even if we have no  definite proof yet).

75259             $39.99         309                *MDP_20TH_1
75261             $29.99         250                *MDP_20TH_3

Copied and pasted from LEGO Star Wars 2019 News thread

Edited by RogueTwo

There is supposed to be a Hoth-themed set at around $50-60 coming that I would assume includes a snow speeder, though I don't know for sure. 3 rebels + 1 snowtrooper, so Rebellion-oriented. Could be just trenches, etc., but at that price I would expect a vehicle for play value.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anybody know what’s up with that black VIP card promotion on IG? It says black vip card holders will get an email today but I haven’t gotten anything yet...

The VIP minifigure sets were for sale on S@H earlier today, 1p (UK) / 1c (Eur) / $4.99 (US) each with a limit of 99. Item number 6278239, links to set number 5005747 but the page has now been removed. However, if you type in either number you get a preview of it.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The VIP minifigure sets were for sale on S@H earlier today, 1p (UK) / 1c (Eur) / $4.99 (US) each with a limit of 99. Item number 6278239, links to set number 5005747 but the page has now been removed. However, if you type in either number you get a preview of it.

Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find anything on the US site though. Oh well. I thought black card holders were supposed to get an email but I never got one so I really don’t know. It’s not like it’s a very good promo. Not sure why we got so little benefits from that

On 12/2/2018 at 11:07 PM, jdubbs said:

There is supposed to be a Hoth-themed set at around $50-60 coming that I would assume includes a snow speeder, though I don't know for sure. 3 rebels + 1 snowtrooper, so Rebellion-oriented. Could be just trenches, etc., but at that price I would expect a vehicle for play value.

Let's hope it will complement the UCS? Assault on Hoth set as well, like the Medical Chamber. If it has a snow speeder, having part of the the hangar bay somehow would be great (but that's only a desire, sorry for that).

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

Let's hope it will complement the UCS? Assault on Hoth set as well, like the Medical Chamber. If it has a snow speeder, having part of the the hangar bay somehow would be great (but that's only a desire, sorry for that).

the early rumours are 3 shooting game type sets ... called 'action play' sets ... not playsets ... so i think that is an important distinction ... hoth, endor and one other have been tossed around ... i think this is another departure from the normal 'system sets' we are accustomed to ... it's more likely that one of the 20th anni sets is a snowspeeder ... 

Edited by Tidy

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find anything on the US site though. Oh well. I thought black card holders were supposed to get an email but I never got one so I really don’t know. It’s not like it’s a very good promo. Not sure why we got so little benefits from that

I think they've cancelled orders for them now, so it was obviously a mistake releasing them on S@H.

Did anyone see MandRproductions video on the black VIP card promotion? Apparently there is the minifig with the diplay stand that leaked a few days ago, but TLG is also selling that to normal customers for around 8 bucks!!!! The figure is all black with ugly yellow hands and has an exclusive torso.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:35 PM, MAB said:

20 hours ago, Reaper said:

Did anyone see MandRproductions video on the black VIP card promotion? Apparently there is the minifig with the diplay stand that leaked a few days ago, but TLG is also selling that to normal customers for around 8 bucks!!!! The figure is all black with ugly yellow hands and has an exclusive torso.

I don't normally enjoy MandRproductions' content but I have to agree with him on this one. It is absolutely infuriating to see that these "exclusive" sets have been sold to the public, I hope LEGO is smart enough to not ship them. I'm normally one to blindly follow LEGO as I generally agree with their moves as a company as a whole but this black VIP promo has been a complete letdown and a waste of everyone's time, to end it off with yet another middle finger to the dedicated fans is a major misstep on LEGO's behalf. 5 promos in total through the year after what was marketed as a very different program. IIRC the original wording was "a year of exclusive offers, contests and early access" or something along those lines. We got one round of double VIP points, a polybag that had been available for months prior and an "exclusive" "poster" that ended up being given to regular customers too (I don't think it's fair to complain about the metal figure giveaway as that was the only one handled appropriately).

Something tells me that MandR's(?, I know someone said it) assumption is right and that there may have been some plan in place but because the ball was dropped on release of the MF they scrapped it. I don't care. What follows is sure to be an unpopular opinion but it needs to be said. The program should've been as all-out as the MF set, more VIP points year round (hell, 10% extra would've been fine), early access to sets, sales and/or discounts and we 100% should've been given some type of exclusive figure based on actual Star Wars content, not this... thing... in the card coffin. The torso is cool but has no value out of the context of the set it comes from. Anybody who says it wouldn't be fair to those outside of the program shouldn't kid themselves; it's a VIP program, exclusive perks should be part of it.

On 12/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, w219 said:

After analyzing 2014 AT AP and coming one, it seems the upcoming one is a downgrade. The top of it is way less good but i m still going to buy it anyway but with a big retail on it.

I just finished building 75234. It is not bad at all and although I have not owned either of the previous versions, this seems like more of an upgrade than you may think. As for aesthetics, not so much but for play-ability and sturdiness, this is designed better. I have concluded this after watching the michealmgf review of the 2014 one and comparing it to my experience with the one I just built. The older model seems to also be taller "Measures over 9” (25cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide" (taken from lego.com for 75043) but this one stands at about 23-24 cm tall so we are not talking about a big difference here. 

Also, is it normal for sets to have numbered bags with QR codes? All the numbered bags have QR codes and small numbers next to them, as well as one bag having a sticker with a large number on it. Is this new?

Edited by star wars geek

On 12/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Tidy said:

the early rumours are 3 shooting game type sets ... called 'action play' sets ... not playsets ... so i think that is an important distinction ... hoth, endor and one other have been tossed around ... i think this is another departure from the normal 'system sets' we are accustomed to ... it's more likely that one of the 20th anni sets is a snowspeeder ... 

another one!? :( I really hope they do something crazy to the speeder if that is what it ends up being......

Please keep all future complaints about the Black Card VIP perks in the appropriate thread. This thread is for set discussion not complaints about how Lego has handled the Black Card program.

Am I the only one who is annoyed about the minifigs for the AT-AP and the gunship? The last time I only got the AT-AP and it contained Yoda. Now I am planing on getting the gunship which contains Yoda again :yoda: Some new Jedi or Wookie would have been nice.

Edited by mon-o-mat