Sign in to follow this  
Marxpek

[MOC] Rubbertrack Racer v2.0 powered by BuWizz, a fast and nervous, double sided tracked vehicle

This is my latest BuWizz creation, it is a remake of my first and worst MOC-video, using a s-brick in the old one, the buwizz allows it to be even smaller.

800x600.jpg

It has 2 buggy motors, and 4 rubber tracks, in this picture the upper track is powered by a buggy motor on each side, the lower track is running free, but the tracks mesh extremely well and they will not slip at all, so it can drive on either side, however this side up gives the best ground clearance, and the least risk on damage on the connectors or buwizz, also note the 4L halfbeams in front of the connectors, a pure shield.. it also has 2 little black bumpers, wich help it pick a side when it lands on the front, they help it roll, in stead of "eating" the floor

800x600.jpg

it can work with the 24t-12t and 20t-16t gear combinations, in the 1:2 gearing this thing is extremely fast for its size and hard to drive, but it is doable, for this i use the brickcontroller app @imurvai created and a usb gamepad with OTG-cable, without this setup i was not able to control it in any way, even with this i hard to learn to drive with lower gear settings (slow buwizz settings are just not an option for me, sorry).

800x600.jpg

It has single bogie torsion bar suspension, which does.. very little, but i think it was a nice little addition, it also functions fine without them.

So here is a video of it in action:

and just asking: is this thumbnail too much click bait? it actually does the climb, but... well check the video ;)

I hope you like it!

Oh my, that looks great fun. It's fast, agile and jumps well so should do well in the competition. Good luck.

I like how you have presented your entry.  The video is very well thought out. The test department part of your video Cracked me up and carried me through to the over the top Olympic style jumps to come later on in the video. I couldn't stop laughing.  Thank you and good luck with the competition. 

Excellently weird and fun machine, really refreshening! I really enjoyed the video, great demonstration with nice touch of humor. :thumbup: :sweet:

If You are participiating in that contest, then I would give You first prize.

I absolutely love it! Great idea and perfect implementation, my boys would love this beast. I will definitely build one, thanks a lot!

Oh man, that is awesome machine! I had plans for a crawler like this, one small enough it could drive on either side, but this is just insane! Looks like a ton of fun, and the things it can do... Those jumps were epic! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! 

22 hours ago, grum64 said:

Oh my, that looks great fun. It's fast, agile and jumps well so should do well in the competition. Good luck.

16 hours ago, KD123 said:

I like how you have presented your entry.  The video is very well thought out. The test department part of your video Cracked me up and carried me through to the over the top Olympic style jumps to come later on in the video. I couldn't stop laughing.  Thank you and good luck with the competition. 

this is not my entry for the contest, my 2 meter jumps orange buggy is,

this one would not be allowed with 2 buggy motors, and it was called a fast car competition for a car that could jump, so a tracked vehicle might not have been the best idea. But i am glad it made you laugh!

13 hours ago, Jurss said:

If You are participiating in that contest, then I would give You first prize.

I am and doing pretty well and i promise you this: if i win first prize i will mod the chiron with a few buggy motors and send it over the same ramp!  if you haven't voted yet please consider voting for me! (similar thumbnail) https://buwizz.com/buwizz-fast-car-competition/#view=gallery (sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but hey.. it's a chiron we talk about ;o)

12 hours ago, braker23 said:

I will definitely build one, thanks a lot!

make sure everything breakable is out of the way :D 

Edited by Marxpek

I and my son really like this little rubbertrack.:wink:  It's a very fast.:thumbup: I'm interested how can it be controlled?  We will build it. Do you have photos from bottom and top?

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

@mj002I guess these pictures show most details needed to build it.

As for controlling it: really start with the lowest gear ratio as shown in this picture and work your way up.

I also use the brickcontroller 0.32 app from imurvai, it will allow you to make straight runs or turns, i had 2 setting for each turn, a fast turn (1 motor at 100% output and other at 80%) and a slow turn ( 1 motor at 80% output and other at 60%), just play with the output levels untill it meets your demand, i also had 1 slow straight and 1 fast straight button, but never use the fast button from a standing position, it will most likely trip the circuit protection, first use the slow button, then switch to the fast button,

on top of that is it controllable by just using the joysticks on my controller, but it is very hard.

Edited by Marxpek

2 hours ago, Marxpek said:

@mj002I guess these pictures show most details needed to build it.

As for controlling it: really start with the lowest gear ratio as shown in this picture and work your way up.

I also use the brickcontroller 0.32 app from imurvai, it will allow you to make straight runs or turns, i had 2 setting for each turn, a fast turn (1 motor at 100% output and other at 80%) and a slow turn ( 1 motor at 80% output and other at 60%), just play with the output levels untill it meets your demand, i also had 1 slow straight and 1 fast straight button, but never use the fast button from a standing position, it will most likely trip the circuit protection, first use the slow button, then switch to the fast button,

on top of that is it controllable by just using the joysticks on my controller, but it is very hard.

Wow, thanks, based on these we can build it:sweet:  And thanks the driving advice:wink: I didn't even think about then.

thanks for the pictures, help a lot, managed to build, very compact car, it was fun:sweet:
now comes the testing and the game,  but it's really hard to control it, mostly from the phone, I hope controller will be better
first look for a suitable place:grin: