4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

5880308-o_1csnj485s16u119771enhdkchr7e-t

Really beautiful!

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

He has some interesting ideas but honestly most of his builds aren't that great (except his first three and his last one). Check out these and you will see what I'm speaking about:

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Gotta say... I reckon this is Bricky Brick's best creation yet!

Agree with both you two guys' statements. Not a fan of his/her style in general, but kind of like his latest :wink: Also, nice sum-up @LegoModularFan!

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's an architectural LEGO Ideas project submitted just today that isn't a modular: LEGO Ideas - 'Everholm': A Modern House by JoshFromLL

Spoiler

5880308-o_1csnj485s16u119771enhdkchr7e-t

Well that's a pretty good Ideas project! It looks really big though, is it under the piece limit?

6 hours ago, Hive said:

I wish he'd do some in regular bricks though, as computer renditions just never really "does it" for me.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But, the advantage to renders for LEGO Ideas submissions is that one isn't hindered by Lego's preexisting color inventory. :wink:

I agree with you both! The renders would look a lot better if he used Mecabricks blender though... Quoting one of my older posts to feautering some renders made with Blender: 

On 6/5/2018 at 9:49 PM, LegoModularFan said:

The three Flickr accounts linked below will certainly say more than I could possibly do...

Renderbricks a.k.a. @Renderbricks 

Gabriele Zannotti a.k.a. @zanna 

Nicolas Jarraud a.k.a. @Scrubs 

--Some of my favorites by them below:

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 11/21/2018 at 4:07 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

But, the advantage to renders for LEGO Ideas submissions is that one isn't hindered by Lego's preexisting color inventory. :wink:

Sure, if being able to make a submission for LEGO Ideas matters more than getting the best artistic rendition, I get it.

19 hours ago, Hive said:

Sure, if being able to make a submission for LEGO Ideas matters more than getting the best artistic rendition, I get it.

For me, if I were to submit a project to LEGO Ideas, I'd physically build the model without taking into regard its color choices purely for the sake of measuring its feasibility in strength. Then, I'd digitally render the build in the colors/recolors I'd wish to see introduced in the finalized product. 

22 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, if I were to submit a project to LEGO Ideas, I'd physically build the model without taking into regard its color choices purely for the sake of measuring its feasibility in strength. Then, I'd digitally render the build in the colors/recolors I'd wish to see introduced in the finalized product. 

This is what I did with my project, except I designed it digitally first and then I made the brick version later on. The problem with digital LEGO building is that it's difficult to guarantee the models are structurally sound so it is a good idea to build the model with bricks as well just to make sure everything works.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not in my case. I build it securely in LDD and (if I failed to give it some strength at some points) I sometimes use Stud.io's stability check as it shows some of the potential weak spots. I trust my building 100%, though, I'm certain that what I build digitally is structurally sound in real life

Since this topic is now officially inclusive of Castle/Medieval MOCs (:wink:), here are a few currently active LEGO Ideas projects (which may or may not have been featured here) that are worth checking out:

Black Falcon's Fortress by @Mark of Falworth

Spoiler

5376813-IMG_2064AB-yOQwIKW4sknxmQ-thumbn

Medieval Inn by DominikQN 

Spoiler

5202387-o_1c60q2n83dsq15ih1g7r7gi1vfue-m

Medieval Village - Road Construction by oms5134 

Spoiler

4992126-1-LujVi4xoJOSRMw-thumbnail-full.

52 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Since this topic is now officially inclusive of Castle/Medieval MOCs (:wink:), here are a few currently active LEGO Ideas projects (which may or may not have been featured here) that are worth checking out:

I was thinking about the questions I got about the “Non-Modular” so I thought it would be easier that way! :classic: I’m also thinking about creating a similar topic in the Historic Themes as there are some great members who don’t seem visiting Lego Town.

56 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Black Falcon's Fortress by @Mark of Falworth

Reveal hidden contents

5376813-IMG_2064AB-yOQwIKW4sknxmQ-thumbn

This would certainly make a lot of castle fans happy (myself included), so fingers crossed for the 10.000 supporters mark!

58 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Medieval Inn by DominikQN 

Reveal hidden contents

5202387-o_1c60q2n83dsq15ih1g7r7gi1vfue-m

Even though I’m not a huge fan of the inn, I just love the color scheme he used!

59 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks so much for reminding me that guy as I’ve completely forgotten his builds! 

31 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I’m also thinking about creating a similar topic in the Historic Themes as there are some great members who don’t seem visiting Lego Town.

That would be great! :sweet: Considering that a surprising number of your very own all-time favorites fit more at home within the Castle theme compared to Town, that's all the more reason to start such a topic! Plus, it could definitely act as morale booster for the many starving Castle fans there. :wink:

38 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Thanks so much for reminding me that guy as I’ve completely forgotten his builds! 

You're most welcome! :sweet: Here are a couple other active projects of his: 

Medieval House by oms5134 

Spoiler

5316374-o_1c9fp96r9lq518m01bhh1ium18ole-

Medieval Market Street by oms5134 

Spoiler

4448096-o_1bhh4uk1715mlrb71e0hcac1mq5h-M

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You're most welcome! :sweet: Here are a couple other active projects of his: 

Medieval House by oms5134 

Reveal hidden contents

5316374-o_1c9fp96r9lq518m01bhh1ium18ole-

Didn't realise who oms5134 was until you posted this! He was the one who made this amazing Provence house and this gorgeous Carnevale di Venezia builds also as known as Christophe on Flickr! Here are some other great builds by him:

29729597264_8399d9d8b6_c.jpgLaslan Castle by Christophe, on Flickr

39343753544_364a4cfec5_c.jpgPlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Desert Map by Christophe, on Flickr

22547910674_3fe45111cc_c.jpgCottage 2 by Christophe, on Flickr

17982981385_1cb6ee965a_c.jpgMedieval Village by Christophe, on Flickr

And here are his two MOCs I mentioned above if you haven't seen them already:

24641426994_caa3e48210_c.jpgProvence house by Christophe, on Flickr

20013472820_9df76d609c_c.jpgCarnevale di Venezia by Christophe, on Flickr

Edited by LegoModularFan

13 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Didn't realise who oms5134 was until you posted this! He was the one who made this amazing Provence house and this gorgeous Carnevale di Venezia builds also as known as Christophe on Flickr! Here are some other great builds by him:

Those last three of his are simply amazing, especially the first of the three which I don't recall ever seeing before! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That would be great! :sweet: Considering that a surprising number of your very own all-time favorites fit more at home within the Castle theme compared to Town, that's all the more reason to start such a topic! Plus, it could definitely act as morale booster for the many starving Castle fans there. :wink:

Indeed! Does anybody have any ideas and suggestions about how I could make these topics different? I know that I could stop posting castle MOCs here but I feel like almost every good modulars and other town related MOCs have been posted here. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated! :sweet:

Edited by LegoModularFan

23 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Does anybody have any ideas and suggestions about how I could make these topics different? I know that I could stop posting castle MOCs here but I feel like almost every good modulars and other town related MOCs have been posted here. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated! :sweet:

Hmmm, well, perhaps building techniques for other's modular MOCs could be shared and discussed here? The problem with that suggestion though, is that you already have a few other topics that would be more suited for such discussions; so, besides that, I'm at a sort of loss for other suggestions. Perhaps we simply keep this topic on hold until new creations worth mentioning here come about? :def_shrug:

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, well, perhaps building techniques for other's modular MOCs could be shared and discussed here? The problem with that suggestion though, is that you already have a few other topics that would be more suited for such discussions; so, besides that, I'm at a sort of loss for other suggestions. Perhaps we simply keep this topic on hold until new creations worth mentioning here come about? :def_shrug:

Maybe we can start to post real buildings as inspiration here? I mean, both MOCs (modulars and castle) and real buildings (not including medieval buildings). And in the inspirational MOCs topic in Historic Themes, we could also post both MOCs (modulars and castle) and real buildings (only medieval buildings)... Or no differences between these topics at all? What do you guys think? 

I would really appreciate @Bricked1980, @Digger of Bricks, @koalayummies, @paupadros, @Roger_Smith and anybody else’s thoughts if you have any! Sorry for the mentions by the way...

Edited by LegoModularFan

57 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I would really appreciate @Bricked1980, @Digger of Bricks, @koalayummies, @paupadros, @Roger_Smith and anybody else’s thoughts if you have any! Sorry for the mentions by the way...

Well, I think this topic works well as it is. You've got lots of people following and thousands of page views so people obviously enjoy what they see. I don't see any reason that town and castle mocs can't work together in the same topic. They are dealing with different eras but at the end of the day they are both types of architecture and many LEGO techniques that work on castles can be used in modern town buildings as well.

Anyway I'd be happy to see the topic continuing on as it is. But If you want to change things up a bit, then here is my suggestion...

Instead of posting 3 or more MOC's every day, you could instead focus on just one. Show us several images of the MOC from different angles and perhaps go in to detail about what things in particular you like about the model and what, if anything you'd personally change about it if you could. You could also highlight interesting and unusual techniques that have been used. In essence it would work more like a mini review of the MOC.

This would probably be more time consuming for you to research and put together which is why I suggested just showcasing one model each day or maybe just 2 or 3 per week. But heck... why stop there!! Depending on how much time you can invest in this, you could even step beyond Eurobricks and create your own blog, something to rival the likes of The Brothers Brick and Archbrick. You have clearly got such a wealth of knowledge and passion about LEGO MOC's and different builders that I'm sure you could make this work! :classic:

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Maybe we can start to post real buildings as inspiration here?

This is a great idea. I reckon this would work better in a topic of its own though. Somewhere that people can upload and share pictures of interesting bits of architecture would be really useful for modular building designers.

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Instead of posting 3 or more MOC's every day, you could instead focus on just one. Show us several images of the MOC from different angles and perhaps go in to detail about what things in particular you like about the model and what, if anything you'd personally change about it if you could. You could also highlight interesting and unusual techniques that have been used. In essence it would work more like a mini review of the MOC.

This would probably be more time consuming for you to research and put together which is why I suggested just showcasing one model each day or maybe just 2 or 3 per week. But heck... why stop there!! Depending on how much time you can invest in this, you could even step beyond Eurobricks and create your own blog, something to rival the likes of The Brothers Brick and Archbrick. You have clearly got such a wealth of knowledge and passion about LEGO MOC's and different builders that I'm sure you could make this work! :classic:

This is a great idea. I reckon this would work better in a topic of its own though. Somewhere that people can upload and share pictures of interesting bits of architecture would be really useful for modular building designers.

I agree with @Bricked1980's point. In fact, if you're a MOC builder, it can get a bit frustrating when the build you've built for such a long time is just glossed over. Maybe you could even say which models from Eurobricks members are your favourite and sort of "tag" them to say their favourite bits about it, hwat they would change if they built it now and all that sort of thing :wink:

Check out @DK_Titan's latest beauty! :wub:

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Maybe we can start to post real buildings as inspiration here? I mean, both MOCs (modulars and castle) and real buildings (not including medieval buildings). And in the inspirational MOCs topic in Historic Themes, we could also post both MOCs (modulars and castle) and real buildings (only medieval buildings)... Or no differences between these topics at all? What do you guys think? 

Heck, why not?! :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well: Personally, if we were to indeed take this topic (and its potential medieval counterpart) that direction, not only do I think that could be a BOATLOAD of fun, it would also keep in line with its purpose as a source of inspiration for architectural builders! :sweet:

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I love the way this thread has been and however it continues going forward will likely be just as fine. Real buildings as inspiration sure why not. I've tried to keep up and occasionally post builds that were not yet posted here but all of the participants sharing creations, you know who you are, have done such a fantastic job that its really hard to keep up and that's a good thing.

This thread and the others like it in the other sections have been a great source of wonder and an excellent way of seeing many builds in short order as I'm sure others like me don't always have the time to go to every Lego internet resource (as much as we'd like to) in order to see everything so its really awesome having such quality creations in centralized go-to threads like these. Even if I didn't always have the time to comment all the great shares here have been appreciated and based on the view count this thread has been appreciated by many every day.

Thanks so much for such detailed responses @Bricked1980, @paupadros, @Digger of Bricks and @koalayummies!

On 11/26/2018 at 10:50 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Well, I think this topic works well as it is. You've got lots of people following and thousands of page views so people obviously enjoy what they see. I don't see any reason that town and castle mocs can't work together in the same topic. They are dealing with different eras but at the end of the day they are both types of architecture and many LEGO techniques that work on castles can be used in modern town buildings as well.

I completely agree with you so please feel free to continue posting castle stuff here, everybody!

Instead of posting 3 or more MOC's every day, you could instead focus on just one.

Why not. I don't know if lots of people still enjoy reading long texts nowadays though and as you mentioned, it may take some time... 

22 hours ago, paupadros said:

I agree with @Bricked1980's point. In fact, if you're a MOC builder, it can get a bit frustrating when the build you've built for such a long time is just glossed over. 

I fear this is the direction we're going in as Instagram is becoming a place where more and more AFOLs/TFOLs share their work. It would be great to try to raise awareness in this topic.

I'm not sure if the staff members would let me open a new topic for this as this isn't directly associated with Lego... We could instead post real buildings in the same post with MOCs.

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out @DK_Titan's latest beauty! :wub:

Indeed what a beauty! He also got a Flickr account in case one doesn't know:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166989939@N03/

9 hours ago, koalayummies said:

all of the participants sharing creations, you know who you are, have done such a fantastic job that its really hard to keep up and that's a good thing.

Thanks so much! I'm very glad that some people are contributing to this topic in a great way as this topic wouldn't be the same without you guys! Please feel free to share MOCs!

Depending on how much time you can invest in this, you could even step beyond Eurobricks and create your own blog, something to rival the likes of The Brothers Brick and Archbrick.

I wanted to reply this at the end of this post to draw attention. I'm thinking about this since a few months. This is a great idea and it would probably be unique as I haven't seen lots of blogs which are focused in older MOCs. I'm only concerned about the time and especially if it could be difficult to promote it to make it popular. About promoting it, there's the option of opening an Instagram account but I'm not a big fan of the idea of sharing other's creations and getting way more likes by just highlighting it than the MOCer who puts so many efforts into his MOC... Nevertheless, I would really love to hear what everybody thinks about this whole idea! :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

These two currently active LEGO Ideas projects by Namirob are worth a mention here:

LEGO Ideas - Modular Old Winter Villa

2832605-o_1b76aaokfsh81gtu1tl3bo91pn7-thumbnail-full.jpg

LEGO Ideas - Medieval Blacksmith

4888087-o_1bueli442neh1r89dssqj77utc-rG5b9kUUmrietQ-thumbnail-full.jpg

5 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I'm thinking about this since a few months. This is a great idea and it would probably be unique as I haven't seen lots of blogs which are focused in older MOCs. I'm only concerned about the time and especially if it could be difficult to promote it to make it popular. About promoting it, there's the option of opening an Instagram account but I'm not a big fan of the idea of sharing other's creations and getting way more likes by just highlighting it than the MOCer who put so many efforts in his MOC.

I think promotion through Eurobricks alone would more than help skyrocket its popularity if you ask me; and yes, I do have to agree on the issue of Instagram, as I've contemplated doing the same with my own account and having the same dilimina. My only question is, would it attract more people to Eurobricks, or divert their attention from it? :shrug_confused:

I wanted to reply this at the end of this post to draw attention. I'm thinking about this since a few months. This is a great idea and it would probably be unique as I haven't seen lots of blogs which are focused in older MOCs. I'm only concerned about the time and especially if it could be difficult to promote it to make it popular. About promoting it, there's the option of opening an Instagram account but I'm not a big fan of the idea of sharing other's creations and getting way more likes by just highlighting it than the MOCer who puts so many efforts into his MOC... Nevertheless, I would really love to hear what everybody thinks about this whole idea! :classic:

I don't know much about blogging but I think setting up a page is probably easier than you'd think. You could use a website like Wordpress to host your blog. The problem as you mention is promoting the blog and building up a following. Unfortunately I don't think there is any quick or easy way of doing this except by good old fashioned hard work.

As @Digger of Bricks mentioned, promoting the blog on here would give you a great start.

Once your blog is up and running I think you'd then need to set up a facebook, twitter and instagram page as well to support your main blog and to help draw in traffic. Have a look at other blogs like The Brothers Brick, Bricksfanz.com, TheBrickBlogger, Archbrick etc etc. They all have twitter and facebook accounts that they use to alert people every time they've posted a new entry in their blogs.

Overall I think this style of blog would suit you better than just creating an Instagram page. The problem with Instagram is that there are hundreds of people on there who just use it to do nothing else except post other peoples MOC's in an attempt to gather as many followers and Likes as they can. Sometimes they don't even credit the original designer.

Finally if you do decide to set up a blog you might want to consider creating a Flickr group as well. In the past my MOC's have been featured by Archbrick and The Lego Car blog. On both occasions I received Flickr invites to add my images to their respective Flickr groups. This is a nice way of letting people know that you've featured their MOC's and is another good way of drawing traffic towards your blog.

About promoting it, there's the option of opening an Instagram account but I'm not a big fan of the idea of sharing other's creations and getting way more likes by just highlighting it than the MOCer who puts so many efforts into his MOC... 

Thinking about this again, it might be beneficial reposting select creations hosted at Flickr over on Instagram if they're posted by users who seem to be inactive, have more than a thousand photos hosted there, and are not Flickr Pro members. Why? Well, if there's a possibility they've neglected/forgotten their account over time, they may have excess posts of theirs unknowingly deleted due to the site's upcoming changes. You probably can see where I'm going with this... :sad: