6 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

Where can I find some more leaks?

Bottles, water / gas pipes, storage bins, actually everywhere where liquids and gas is stored / transferred.

Spoiler

Read FAQ, forum guidelines, and back in this topic. Really.

Edited by agrof

3 minutes ago, agrof said:

Bottles, water / gas pipes, storage bins, actually everywhere where liquids and gas is stored / transferred.

Reveal hidden contents

:laugh:

Regarding their choice of color for the exterior: The complete backside should be darkblue (apart from the grids which are already black) as well as the front fender, which is black in this set for whatever reason. I have checked this issue with multiple pictures of the real car (even from their website) and the color black is literally only used in grids throughout the car. Any Ideas why Lego chose black over darkblue?

Edited by Bartelas

24 minutes ago, agrof said:

Reveal hidden contents

I bet it took you five minutes to figure that pun out. :laugh:

When looking at the side inage of the model, I still think the nose is too long and I think the use of those fender panels in the front make the hood look too flat. Nevertheless, I still like the whole model a.lot. I fear my budget for next year will be spent this year :wink:.

No leaks allowed on the forums. Period. There are other websites like Facebook and Reddit which have these, so try looking there. 

Interesting that the proportions seem very similar to Leviathan's MOC, yet there are more complains about the proportions his model that the TLG model...

Edited by Lipko

4 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

Can someone give me a link to the box inside pictures or is that not allowed?

PM me and i will give a link.

1 minute ago, Lipko said:

Interesting that the proportions seem very similar to Leviathan's MOC, yet there was much more complains about the proportions his model that the TLG model...

I believe the original complaint was with the A-pillars / roof.  He changed that and everyone seemed pretty happy with his MOC.

Ok, we are going to have a short break. Please do not carry the Chiron discussion to the 2018 topic.

Thanks Milan :thumbup: 

I have unlocked the topic again. Please refrain from asking for pictures! 

Other discussions are okay, of course. Carry on!

On 5/27/2018 at 8:48 PM, TeamThrifty said:

If i were TLG, i'd be leaking images through trusted 3rd parties to build this buzz... and who's to say they haven't?!!

I can assure that it’s not a marketing trick. The plan was to have NO leaks before the 1st of June, and they did a pretty good job. Some unexpected events in planning/logistics occured (can’t tell details) which eventually lead to the leaks from official LEGO stores. Some employees definitely need to go look for another job.

Quite sad, but I guess it's impossible for everyone to sign an NDA so they'd be liable. Especially the employees of the stores, but even so, they did manage to keep for so long, in general sense I'd say it was success.

I'm taking Friday off and getting this set. I MUST have those new orange gear selector wheels. Put several on a long axle and you can make synchronous switching of several functions/motors possible in a simple way. I'm thinking this can be a nice way to switch between normal and crab steering for multi-axle vehicles.

On the down side, why blue gears? And why brown 8L axles or orange bushes and 3L pin (Yeah, I know, they're not new, but I don't have any of those yet)? AAARGHHH I'm running out of storage bins already!!!

1 hour ago, Enantiomeer said:

I'm taking Friday off and getting this set. I MUST have those new orange gear selector wheels. Put several on a long axle and you can make synchronous switching of several functions/motors possible in a simple way. I'm thinking this can be a nice way to switch between normal and crab steering for multi-axle vehicles.

On the down side, why blue gears? And why brown 8L axles or orange bushes and 3L pin (Yeah, I know, they're not new, but I don't have any of those yet)? AAARGHHH I'm running out of storage bins already!!!

Just to increase sales, imho.

7 hours ago, Ascius said:

... in general sense I'd say it was success.

The people at TLG and Bugatti think otherwise :P

(but I understand what you mean. They did a pretty good job, until the end)

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

The people at TLG and Bugatti think otherwise :P

How did they react then when the leaks surfaced

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How did they react then when the leaks surfaced

Let’s just say they were not amused and very disappointed. Especially since the leaks came from an official brand store.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

... Some employees definitely need to go look for another job.

This - at least - would explain, why the series of leaked pictures suddenly stopped.

After the first pictures of the building process, I would have expected more leaks like that.

But nothing happend anymore....

Three more days to go .....:cry_happy: