MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

In the age of regular 20-30% discounts on amazon and other retailers, 2x vip without a promo doesn’t really cut it

I strongly suspect a large dose of sarcasm in @Sneakguest’s reply hence the :wink: 

3 hours ago, Markalus said:

I strongly suspect a large dose of sarcasm in @Sneakguest’s reply hence the :wink: 

Very true my friend. However, I would not be too suprised if it happened. I chose not to buy the MF now on the basis that I would get ut cheaper later, and almost certain of the assumption that if I bought it now, in order to get the black VIP card, I would most certaintly be dissapointed

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Very true my friend. However, I would not be too suprised if it happened. I chose not to buy the MF now on the basis that I would get ut cheaper later, and almost certain of the assumption that if I bought it now, in order to get the black VIP card, I would most certaintly be dissapointed

Maybe I'm reading too far, and I apologize if that's the case. Is still possible to get the black VIP card when purchasing the UCS MF? I thought it wasn't possible now. Given the limited availability last year I couldn't get it, and now it makes little sense without a reasonable discount.

In September the set was brand new so it was ok to pay full price, then the black VIP card was a way to get discounts later on hence another reason to buy it. But now, what's the driver? Just pay full price and still wait? Availability continues to be very limited. I guess scalpers grab many of those. :cry_sad:

Edited by dvogon

23 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Maybe I'm reading too far, and I apologize if that's the case. Is still possible to get the black VIP card when purchasing the UCS MF? I thought it wasn't possible now. Given the limited availability last year I couldn't get it, and now it makes little sense without a reasonable discount.

In September the set was brand new so it was ok to pay full price, then the black VIP card was a way to get discounts later on hence another reason to buy it. But now, what's the driver? Just pay full price and still wait? Availability continues to be very limited. I guess scalpers grab many of those. :cry_sad:

The Black VIP card was offered with UCS Falcon purchases made in 2017. It is no longer offered with new purchases, however many who bought the Falcon in late 2017 are still waiting on their cards. The Falcon was briefly available during the most recent 2x VIP points promotion in the EU, but double points is probably the best deal you will get on it for at least a year, unless a third-party retailer decides to put it on sale (which almost never happens with the UCS/D2C sets). 

Not thrilled with the 75211 TIE Fighter after watching Jangbricks' review of it.  The dark gray plates on the inside of the wings, the lack of spokes on the inside of the wings and the way the top hatch is done.  The top hatch is almost a step backwards.

20 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

Not thrilled with the 75211 TIE Fighter after watching Jangbricks' review of it.  The dark gray plates on the inside of the wings, the lack of spokes on the inside of the wings and the way the top hatch is done.  The top hatch is almost a step backwards.

Very unfortunate indeed. The bubble concept from the Tie Prototype or the Tie Advanced looked better than this. Worst part though are the exposed studs :wacko:
If it wasn't for the interesting minifigures and printed capes, I'd be 0 interested in the set.

1 minute ago, gvh said:

Any more news on the rumored y-wing or may the 4th?

I, too, am getting antsy about the May 4th UCS reveal. I've seen those postulate TLG is backlogged on UCS MF sets and this spring's UCS getting pushed to the summer. Odd we haven't seen, let alone heard anything about the May 4th exclusive either. Maybe Lego is being super coy and we'll wake up to news this Friday morning, as the May calendar comes out in a handful of days and will give us definitive news. Fingers crossed Lego has just kept things very close to the chest this time around and will drop the Y-Wing on us any day now :)

2 minutes ago, gvh said:

None yet. It’s either coming out in July or getting revealed late (kinda like the ucs hulkbuster)

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love Han's landspeeder even more after seeing reviews :wub:

it is a really fun and cool build ... paired with moloch's speeder, they are a phenomenal display piece.  and the way the roll, play value +1. i cannot say enough good things about those two sets.  my only drawback, is the corellian hounds, they are absolutely tiny. i was expecting them to be a tad bigger.  not much bigger than a double stack 1x3 brick. that is probably pretty accurate, but ugghhh. the speeders are so reminiscent of late 60's muscle cars. just so very well done! being able to remove the engine on han's and have him tinkering with it ... imho both sets are 5/5 ... everyone is gonna be impressed.

57 minutes ago, gvh said:

53 minutes ago, BuckeyeLegoFan said:

I, too, am getting antsy about the May 4th UCS reveal. I've seen those postulate TLG is backlogged on UCS MF sets and this spring's UCS getting pushed to the summer. Odd we haven't seen, let alone heard anything about the May 4th exclusive either. Maybe Lego is being super coy and we'll wake up to news this Friday morning, as the May calendar comes out in a handful of days and will give us definitive news. Fingers crossed Lego has just kept things very close to the chest this time around and will drop the Y-Wing on us any day now :)

I might be wrong with this but I thought the rumored may the 4th promo was the Boba Fett with duel molded arms that leaked a while back 

38 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I might be wrong with this but I thought the rumored may the 4th promo was the Boba Fett with duel molded arms that leaked a while back 

Where was the boba fett leaked? It would be fantastic, but I probably wont get it as my lego budget limits me to only one large model this spring, and maybe this year. I'm caught between Ninjago City, Carousel, and the new (hopefully) y-wing.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLegoFan said:

The whole thing makes me wonder about lego right now, especially with the falcon debacle. I still haven't gotten my black vip card (i was able to purchase it before the year ended), and so far we've only had double vip. If we don't even have a may the forth weekend, I don't see the purpose of that card and all the exclusivity it entitles.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What I can recall, it was fake

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

No fig is legit. I am 85% sure it’s may the 4th otherwise it’s coming in cloud city 

12 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think at this point in time they are both sound assumptions. :classic:

7 hours ago, JPN366 said:

I can’t look at official LEGO TIE’s now without comparing them to Jerac’s incredible TIE MOC collection. I plan to build them instead. 

Edited by Markalus

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No fig is legit. I am 85% sure it’s may the 4th otherwise it’s coming in cloud city 

Lets hope for the later, since if it comes now, It would make me doubt a CC is on the rise, since it would be very strange (at disappointing) if we got two Bobbas this year

Jang has started posting reviews for the April sets, including the jedi battlepack and Tie Fighter. Feel like I've seen everything already, but I like his reviews. But what I find most interesting is his legal disclaimer at the beginning of the video ... go Jang!

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Jang has started posting reviews for the April sets, including the jedi battlepack and Tie Fighter. Feel like I've seen everything already, but I like his reviews. But what I find most interesting is his legal disclaimer at the beginning of the video ... go Jang!

Well Lego did pull a lot of his previous reviews of stuff he had bought retail prior to release date and threatened his channel. I think that disclaimer just proves how much they goofed up :laugh:

50 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

Well Lego did pull a lot of his previous reviews of stuff he had bought retail prior to release date and threatened his channel. I think that disclaimer just proves how much they goofed up :laugh:

I know, I'm just glad he decided to formally point that out :) 

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is it a confirmation of Cloud City set? :wink:

On 28/03/2018 at 8:30 PM, gvh said:

Where was the boba fett leaked? It would be fantastic, but I probably wont get it as my lego budget limits me to only one large model this spring, and maybe this year. I'm caught between Ninjago City, Carousel, and the new (hopefully) y-wing.

The whole thing makes me wonder about lego right now, especially with the falcon debacle. I still haven't gotten my black vip card (i was able to purchase it before the year ended), and so far we've only had double vip. If we don't even have a may the forth weekend, I don't see the purpose of that card and all the exclusivity it entitles.

Surprised you haven’t got your card yet, I bought my Falcon mid December and received the VIP card in February but it had the wrong name in it so I asked for a replacement and that arrived on Tuesday.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

9 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

MandR also got reviews up of the new Solo sets very early. It’s curious that they went after Jang last time for TLJ sets...maybe it’s because he refuses to bend the knee and accept ‘gifted’ sets for review. I like the legal disclaimer though. Funnily enough he’s one of the best ambassadors for the brand.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:47 AM, chezzymann said:

Are the new sets in stores yet? 

Are there reviews up? Dude, yeah, of course; JANG finds a way. :P

To be straight-up though, yes, they are showing up around the US and in parts of the EU.

On 3/28/2018 at 1:56 PM, Sneakguest said:

Yeah, y'know, while I can understand the idea, it's absolutely worng; sorry.

I'm 100% sure that it's coming. It (Boba Fett) should be in some sort of kit come May; and yeah, I'd bet on a polybag.

On 3/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, gvh said:

Yes; we've been seeing tons of different articles on it. Check out Rebelscum. :)

For those who haven't heard, it is definitely a thing. Literally guaranteed. And yeah, I'm pretty certain that it's still releasing in May.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it a confirmation of Cloud City set? :wink:

Haha, nah. I wish...

Edited by Azani