MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Piece count for Throne Room set is really bad...

not gonna lie ... pretty disappointed that they're adding such a huge premium for 2 praetorian minifigs ... [if you compare this to the similar size/piece count battle on scarif] ... i can only hope that the people who said it only has 5 minifigs are wrong ... or at least 2-3 variations of the praetorians ... i'd be happy with no rey/kylo in favor of more praetorians ... =/

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

Summer Wave US MSRP:

SET    MSRP [USD] PIECE COUNT

75213    $ 39.99           307

75214    $ 19.99           247

75215    $ 29.99           355

75216    $ 69.99           492

75217    $ 89.99           622

75218    $ 79.99           731

75219    $ 99.99           829

75220    $139.99        1239

Ah tidy, you are the hero we need but don't deserve. GBP prices need to leak but by the looks of it ill guess XWing is 74.99 if we're lucky and snokes throne room could be 54.99?

Edited by SCREDEYE

42 minutes ago, Tidy said:

... i can only hope that the people who said it only has 5 minifigs are wrong ... or at least 2-3 variations of the praetorians ... i'd be happy with no rey/kylo in favor of more praetorians ... =/

At this point, we can't reasonably expect more than one variation for two reasons:

- there's only one variation in the video

- said variation already includes two new moulds and several recoloured parts, making the set it appears in an expensive one to produce to begin with :wink:

Personally, I think it's fairly likely we'll get the other two variations in a battlepack since the armour piece could be reused there and one of the helmet variations could theoretically be achieved with a recolour of the Mandalorian helmet. The only new mould they'd have to design would be the helmet of the third variation, which would render such a set pretty viable in terms of production costs :thumbup:  

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

- there's only one variation in the video

and that variation is different than the helmet of the buildable fig ... from an injection molding tooling standpoint, i would think it would have been less costly to scale that one down than create a new ... i was 90% sure the praetorian in the set would be a mini of the buildable ... not what was shown in the video ... shrug ... [btw there's a guy selling 2 variations on bricklink of custom 3d printed praetorians] 

7 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Ah tidy, you are the hero we need but don't deserve. GBP prices need to leak but by the looks of it ill guess XWing is 74.99 if we're lucky and snokes throne room could be 54.99?

i'm no hero ... just a regular dude who wants to know what he needs to set aside for new toys ... ;-]

if i see anything on the GBP, you'll be the first to know !!!

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

Summer Wave US MSRP:

SET    MSRP [USD] PIECE COUNT

75213    $ 39.99           307

75214    $ 19.99           247

75215    $ 29.99           355

75216    $ 69.99           492

75217    $ 89.99           622

75218    $ 79.99           731

75219    $ 99.99           829

75220    $139.99        1239

Do we have set names for each of these?

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have set names for each of these?

a few names, but mostly code names right now.

On 22/3/2018 at 7:53 PM, Tidy said:

not gonna lie ... pretty disappointed that they're adding such a huge premium for 2 praetorian minifigs ... [if you compare this to the similar size/piece count battle on scarif] ... i can only hope that the people who said it only has 5 minifigs are wrong ... or at least 2-3 variations of the praetorians ... i'd be happy with no rey/kylo in favor of more praetorians ... =/

I think the minifigs count will be 5. There were also 5 in the Death Star final duel (75093), which had about 200+ pieces and many big ones. The Throne Room without Rey, Kylo and Snoke would give us an incomplete scene. A clear piece to put the light saber between Rey and Kylo would be nice, though, looking at Lego's video. So only two guards I guess, which have a great design btw.

If they put 4 guards in the video, it may hint that there will be a battlepack down the road with the same version of the praetorian included. But in that case I think there won't be more than two variants and 2 or at most 3 praetorians in total, given the way they are designing battle packs lately, although I have no clue on that, of course. A safe bet for the four minifig slot would be yet another FO crew :laugh: (just kidding). If they put 3 variants I would be gladly surprised.

On the price... the price is too high, unless many large pieces will be used there. I fear we'll have in EU somehow €5-10 more. :sceptic:   

Edited by dvogon

The idea of a big brick-built porg is dissatisfying, but I felt the same about the BB-8.  I don't mind porgs overall, though.  I'm disappointed the small version is brick-built rather than a mold.

How have we not seen any pics of the Y wing? Shouldn’t there be an official release with the May calendar not that far off?

On 22.03.2018 at 8:53 PM, Tidy said:

5 minifigures. Rey, Kylo, Snoke and two Praetorian Guards. There is only one variation.

On 22/03/2018 at 2:01 PM, Tidy said:

the barriss offee skirt is plain black, which will definitely come in handy in bulk ... =]]

I didn’t know that - I was slightly disappointed when the other jedi in the pack turned out to be Barriss Offee and not Coleman Trebor (as was initially rumoured), but this mould certainly makes it better - can’t wait to try it out on the Emperor, Shadow Guards and Unduli - also possibly Sith Anakin, ROTJ Luke and Darth Maul (all with the addition of a black hood)

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

How have we not seen any pics of the Y wing? Shouldn’t there be an official release with the May calendar not that far off?

Possibly. I’ve also seen rumours that it’s releasing in July, too. Just have to wait and see

On 3/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Piece count for Throne Room set is really bad...

I sure hope it isn’t like the duel of the fates set... half -$;ed. It needs to be a set similar to the throne room set from a few years ago. Full red walls all around and it can open up...

17 hours ago, thorin said:

I sure hope it isn’t like the duel of the fates set... half -$;ed. It needs to be a set similar to the throne room set from a few years ago. Full red walls all around and it can open up...

I hope it looks exactly like in Lego TLJ in 2 minutes. It looks so perfectly in this video.

Just saw a review on You-Tube for the new Clonetrooper battlepack - Baris has the new slope piece for her lower half that I presume Snoke's Praetorian Guards will also get. Looks a lot better than the diagonal slope piece used at the moment for dresses/robes with the added bonus that female characters in dresses won't be towering over their male counterparts any more. 

19 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Would such a piece have.... printed elements?

In this case no, but I can't see any reason it couldn't in the future.

20 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Would such a piece have.... printed elements?

Just now, TeufelHund said:

In this case no, but I can't see any reason it couldn't in the future.

both moloc and quay tolsite from the solo sets have printed skirts. quite a nice level of detail on them too.

Concerning the Throne room set having a apparently bad piece to price ratio, maybe there are some expensive elements included. Like, they actually have a large red cloth element behind the throne. Dunno, just an unlikely guess...

10 hours ago, Tidy said:

both moloc and quay tolsite from the solo sets have printed skirts. quite a nice level of detail on them too.

I believe Moloch has printing on the back of the piece as well.

38 minutes ago, Peppybricks said:

I believe Moloch has printing on the back of the piece as well.

you are correct ... little worm like tentacle things peeking out from the bottom too ... it is almost fully printed on the back ...

i forgot it quay does too, i think so, i'll have to wait till i get home to double check that though ... 

this wave of sets has [arguably] some of the best vehicles and mini figs in a long time ... the speeders are stellar builds, the battle pack is fricking amazing [bonus points for the BP speeder being an actual in universe vehicle for once] ...

the imperial recruitment officer has a whole new printed rank plaque - 3 blue 2 red side by side [commander] ... the imperial emigration officer [the real name for what people are calling the female naval trooper] uses a dual sided head with the navy trooper helmet but the imperial ground crew torso and legs ... a nice mix of new and reused to create something totally brand new. i foresee getting 10-20 more of this battle pack ...

Edited by Tidy

46 minutes ago, Tidy said:

you are correct ... little worm like tentacle things peeking out from the bottom too ... it is almost fully printed on the back ...

i forgot it quay does too, i think so, i'll have to wait till i get home to double check that though ... 

this wave of sets has [arguably] some of the best vehicles and mini figs in a long time ... the speeders are stellar builds, the battle pack is fricking amazing [bonus points for the BP speeder being an actual in universe vehicle for once] ...

the imperial recruitment officer has a whole new printed rank plaque - 3 blue 2 red side by side [commander] ... the imperial emigration officer [the real name for what people are calling the female naval trooper] uses a dual sided head with the navy trooper helmet but the imperial ground crew torso and legs ... a nice mix of new and reused to create something totally brand new. i foresee getting 10-20 more of this battle pack ...

Yepp! Quay got printing on the back as well!

And I agree, on the same level as the first R1 wave of 2016

40 minutes ago, Tidy said:

the imperial emigration officer [the real name for what people are calling the female naval trooper] uses a dual sided head with the navy trooper helmet but the imperial ground crew torso and legs

not quite! plain black legs. but otherwise, I agree it's a clever recycling of the parts. I wonder how accurate it'll end up being on screen.