Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Intro: Northern Huntsman

Many creatures roam the North, most posing no threat unless you are unfortunate enough to wander into their territory. But sometimes these creatures roam too close to civilization, and when that happens, they become the unfortunate ones. Northern Huntsman usually hunt in small groups, protecting small remote villages from possible predators, but a mere dire-wolf can be dealt with by a lone Huntsman if needed to.

31463798051_5631df528d_z.jpg

31463805751_435b56ce49_z.jpg

And just the figs and wolf head:

31463789661_f37f64b559_z.jpg

So first off apologies for not being particularly active in the last month or so, mostly life got in the way, but I'm trying to make more time for lego-related stuff, especially for Challenge V with hopefully a 2 part story build :classic:

And also this is a build from 2 months ago, for CCCXIV, but for my Challenge V builds and story, my "new" sig-fig is going to be present so I thought it best to introduce him a bit first. But of course without giving any spoilers for my character story ( Pt.1, Pt.2, Pt.3 and Pt.4 ), which I'm hoping to continue some time soon.

-Thanks for looking!

Edited by Legofin2012

Very nice build Legofin, the snow in particular looks really good! :thumbup: 

Some great figs, a typical Legofin-base and amazing SNOT-work. What would build need more?

Amazing job man, I like every detail of it!

Build looks great! The terrain has a good balance of variety with the smooth snow patches, the rough trail, and the olive green trees. Not to mention the wolf head is very nicely built and the figures really look like lone huntsman with a scavengers/barbarian vibe. 

Great build!  I really like the pine trees and the snow.  The trees look a lot better than I would have thought possible for cheese wedges!

On 4 February 2017 at 4:41 AM, Kai NRG said:

Very nice build Legofin, the snow in particular looks really good! :thumbup: 

Thank you, the focus for CCC might have been the figures, but I also wanted a nice place to display them :sweet:

On 4 February 2017 at 5:15 AM, TitusV said:

Some great figs, a typical Legofin-base and amazing SNOT-work. What would build need more?

Amazing job man, I like every detail of it!

Thank you very much, glad people like the base design :sweet:

On 4 February 2017 at 8:25 AM, Lazer said:

I like the scene, the moc very much!

Poor animal. :cry_sad:

Thanks, and I know, had it not strayed too close to civilisation this would not have been necessary...

(although I do plan on making the rest of the beast one day :wink:)

On 4 February 2017 at 9:15 AM, dathil said:

The base is amazing and I like the animal too indeed!

Thank you :sweet:

On 4 February 2017 at 9:45 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great job with the snow, and the figs are great, too. You are quickly becoming a master of the bleak northern landscape. 

Thanks, bleak northern landscapes are pretty fun to build, but for Challenge V I'm hoping to venture further into the different landscape of Historica (except for the first one, that's another Mitgardian landscape) :sweet:

On 4 February 2017 at 0:43 PM, Merc4Hire said:

Build looks great! The terrain has a good balance of variety with the smooth snow patches, the rough trail, and the olive green trees. Not to mention the wolf head is very nicely built and the figures really look like lone huntsman with a scavengers/barbarian vibe. 

Thank you, the path was needed to break up the snow a bit, and that's what I was going for with the figure, a true northerner almost viking-y :sweet:

20 hours ago, Grover said:

Great build!  I really like the pine trees and the snow.  The trees look a lot better than I would have thought possible for cheese wedges!

Thanks, the trees are simple but look good to add a bit of colour, I was lucky to get lots of the cheese slopes from a pick-a-brick wall along with the travis bricks :grin:

@Muakhah it wouldnt let me quote you like with the others, but thank you just as much nevertheless :sweet:

Edited by Legofin2012

Very pretty scene! I have to echo the praise on your excellent landscape, particularly how you did the edge of the path :wub:The trees and figs are great as well :thumbup:

Wonderful build, your SNOT bases always look fantastic! :wub: The bits of trans clear mixed in the path is an excellent touch, and the olive green trees fit very well here.
Superb fig combos and rockwork too :thumbup:

simple and effective landscape, love the figs. nice to finally see the intro of your sigfig! ^^

On 5 February 2017 at 8:18 PM, Graham Gidman said:

Great little build!

Thank you :sweet:

On 6 February 2017 at 0:48 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine scene - great characters!

Thanks, as the main characters in my story and sig fig, I thought it best they were interesting :classic:

On 7 February 2017 at 4:57 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Very pretty scene! I have to echo the praise on your excellent landscape, particularly how you did the edge of the path :wub:The trees and figs are great as well :thumbup:

Thank you, I wasn't sure how to do the edge of the path, but working it in with the snot seemed like the best option :sweet:

On 7 February 2017 at 8:40 AM, Blufiji said:

I can't give anything but praise for this build. This scene is wonderful.

Thank you very much :sweet:

On 10 February 2017 at 4:55 AM, LittleJohn said:

Wonderful build, your SNOT bases always look fantastic! :wub: The bits of trans clear mixed in the path is an excellent touch, and the olive green trees fit very well here.
Superb fig combos and rockwork too :thumbup:

Thanks, glad people like the bases, I almost don't like the way borders "limit" a build, and wanted to be able to imagine the surrounding landscape :sweet:

On 11 February 2017 at 2:20 PM, en_zoo said:

simple and effective landscape, love the figs. nice to finally see the intro of your sigfig! ^^

Thanks, well hopefully one day my character story will catch up to this point (being present day), but that might take a while :grin:

Unfortunately this build didn't get anywhere in CCC, but it was worth the build just to introduce my present sig fig. Should have my Challenge V, cat A entries up tomorrow (part 1 and 2) :classic:

Oh, very pretty scene and lovely landscaping! The wolf's head looks great too. I very much look forward to seeing more!

On 16 February 2017 at 1:56 PM, MassEditor said:

Oh, very pretty scene and lovely landscaping! The wolf's head looks great too. I very much look forward to seeing more!

Thank you very much ME! Hopefully you liked the Cat A builds too then :sweet:

On 17 February 2017 at 7:04 PM, mrcp6d said:

I remember this from CCC.  Nice figs, really good wolf head!

Unfortunately I didn't get anywhere, as I only got an honourable mention in the "Pit of despair" category, but thank you :sweet:

On 21 February 2017 at 11:47 PM, LegoFanfromPR said:

Nice creation. Love the details. the snow and the dire wolf look top notch.

Thanks, glad you like it :classic: