Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Qar Riwa

Qar Riwa is a fortress located along one of the tributaries of the Qar-Arkhan River in southeast Kaliphlin, An ancient and weathered fortress originally under the control of the Desert King, he has allowed High Council soldiers to take over manning it. In the past, it was a outpost along the frontier of the Desert King's empire, but these days, it's main purpose is to guard and maintain the integrity of a spring that sits farther up the canyon, which serves as the start of the tributary. The waters provide irrigation to a few small villages nearby, which in turn serve as reliable rest stations in the vast sea of sand.

Another build for GOh. I happily used a bit of Indian (Subcontinent) architecture influence in this one. Thanks for looking and happy building!

28794165103_7902d12c67_b.jpg

29381406086_a6809ab60b_b.jpg

29381407126_5d964de346_b.jpg

More shots on my flickr if you guys are interested! Thanks for C&C

Curious as to why you don't have the "Master Builder" Tag. :look:

This is phenomenal. Those trees especially, I like. The structure is gorgeous. The colours are nicely blocked, throughout. The desert is perfect.

Very well done.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

snip

Not for lack of building skill, certainly. It often takes quite a while for tags to be added though.

I remember Erynlasgalen won several challenges for Kaliphlin before getting that tag.

I'm not sure where to start with this build :grin:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Another masterpiece from you!

Tremendous architecture, and I absolutely adore that swampy river :thumbup: Plus the dunes are superb.

Can we expect a large scale Avalonian or Mitgardian castle from you soon? :moar:

This is phenomenal. Those trees especially, I like. The structure is gorgeous. The colours are nicely blocked, throughout. The desert is perfect.

Very well done.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks! Those trees were especially frustrating during construction. As far as master builder goes, I think like Soccer Kid said, it just takes time to earn it. Whenever it comes it comes, but what I really want is one of those shield thingies! Haha.

Not for lack of building skill, certainly. It often takes quite a while for tags to be added though.

I remember Erynlasgalen won several challenges for Kaliphlin before getting that tag.

I'm not sure where to start with this build :grin:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Another masterpiece from you!

Tremendous architecture, and I absolutely adore that swampy river :thumbup: Plus the dunes are superb.

Can we expect a large scale Avalonian or Mitgardian castle from you soon? :moar:

Thanks Isaac! Always appreciated when you chime in sir! Also, I didn't want to do spoilers buuutttttt....there are two more to go. Mitgardia is up next!

Stunning build! I really like the look of the castle as well as it's colourscheme! The domes on the top of the two towers looks great!

The little green area on the left side with all it's trees looks so natural! You have really made some extra ordiinary here mate!!!:)

This is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! :drool: absolutely awesome man, I don't know on wich detail I have to congratulate you first. Or maybe I do: you got blogged by TBB! :thumbup:

Thanks Isaac! Always appreciated when you chime in sir! Also, I didn't want to do spoilers buuutttttt....there are two more to go. Mitgardia is up next!

Yes please! More! More! :wink:

Beautiful desert landscaping and fortress, Blufiji, the colors are spot on (that reddish brown in the arches and the two-toned tan of the castle are superb in particular), and the domes and swampy marshes are wonderful as well! :wub: The reds and blues of the High Council soldiers and banners add just the little bit of color it needs, and your sand and base are excellent. Great job, and congrats of the well-deserved tag! :thumbup: (When I saw that as I opened the topic, I was actually wondering if it was new or had been there for a long time, until the comments elucidated it :laugh:)!

Can't wait to see your build in Mitgardia! :classic:

*oh2*:drool::thumbup: Fantastic work! Love the sandscaping, and the architecture is just splendid! The bit of swamp and the streak of vegetation adds a ton as well! Great textures too; it almost looks as if the castle had just risen up out of the sand.

Hehehe Congrats on the Tag. :tongue:

Thanks! Those trees were especially frustrating during construction. As far as master builder goes, I think like Soccer Kid said, it just takes time to earn it. Whenever it comes it comes, but what I really want is one of those shield thingies! Haha.

I'd love to see a breakdown diagram of them, or at least hear what's on the inside. They're really genuinely spectacular, and I might try to make similar looking palm trees in builds for BoBS. :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Stunning build! I really like the look of the castle as well as it's colourscheme! The domes on the top of the two towers looks great!

The little green area on the left side with all it's trees looks so natural! You have really made some extra ordiinary here mate!!!:)

Thanks Gothia! I do my best to try and make as natural looking foliage as possible.

This is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! :drool: absolutely awesome man, I don't know on wich detail I have to congratulate you first. Or maybe I do: you got blogged by TBB! :thumbup:

Yes please! More! More! :wink:

Thanks Titus! I think I'll have the Mitgardia build done around Christmas..with a few smaller builds peppered in between.

Everything is perfect :drool:

Thanks Isundir!

Beautiful desert landscaping and fortress, Blufiji, the colors are spot on (that reddish brown in the arches and the two-toned tan of the castle are superb in particular), and the domes and swampy marshes are wonderful as well! :wub: The reds and blues of the High Council soldiers and banners add just the little bit of color it needs, and your sand and base are excellent. Great job, and congrats of the well-deserved tag! :thumbup: (When I saw that as I opened the topic, I was actually wondering if it was new or had been there for a long time, until the comments elucidated it :laugh:)!

Can't wait to see your build in Mitgardia! :classic:

I think I understand why the Admins picked red and blue for the flag colors..it really does provide that contrast against the sands and greens. It's also the reason I added that bit of dark red in the back..as an eye catcher. Thanks man!

*oh2*:drool::thumbup: Fantastic work! Love the sandscaping, and the architecture is just splendid! The bit of swamp and the streak of vegetation adds a ton as well! Great textures too; it almost looks as if the castle had just risen up out of the sand.

Thanks Kai!

So many details! The architecture is great as is the swamp river. Keep it up.

I'm on it! Thanks Brick!

Hehehe Congrats on the Tag. :tongue:

I'd love to see a breakdown diagram of them, or at least hear what's on the inside. They're really genuinely spectacular, and I might try to make similar looking palm trees in builds for BoBS. :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Someone heard you and SK! I can get you a parts list and a demo together for you. It'll take a bit of time as this design of tree was the most complicated I think I have built..but the end result was worth it!

Wow, that's a fantastic build! The desert sands are wonderful, and the lush greenery by the river stands out beautifully. I love the well worn look of the structure, which has a really nice design to it. The tan colors work very well with the dark red. Of course, all of the round walls are great, and the dome tops are perfect. This is an excellent desert fortress.

Nice work!

Another superlative build from you! There is nothing to not like here. The trees, as others have said, look great, and are perfect next to your small wadi/river coming down from the spring. No one does round towers as well as you, and these are no exception to that, though I did notice one seam seems to be rather long. The arches, textured walls, and colors of the whole thing are amazing.

The sand, though! The sand is just the best. It might not be Evenfall Castle for me, but wow, this is stupendous work.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

I saw on flickr and had to head over here to congratulate you! This is absolutely magnificent! Truly you are a master of this genre and congratulations on the well deserved tag!

The fort itself is great, but what really makes this for me is the greenery alongside. As others have commented those trees are fantastic and like Dannylonglegs I'd love to see how they are constructed!

Great job and I look forward to seeing more!!

Fantastic MOC, the landscape looks great to me. Especially the sand made of curved bricks is great.

The fortress has great stonework and i like the use of dark red in it.

Beatiful Fortress!! Loved it! :wub:

Very nice usage of colours and techniques! :sweet:

I like the way you represented the desert sand and the river!! Good job! :thumbup:

Edited by Mpyromaxos

One of the best builds from Kali and that's saying something since I think Kali has some of the best builders out there!

Wow, that's a fantastic build! The desert sands are wonderful, and the lush greenery by the river stands out beautifully. I love the well worn look of the structure, which has a really nice design to it. The tan colors work very well with the dark red. Of course, all of the round walls are great, and the dome tops are perfect. This is an excellent desert fortress.

Nice work!

Thanks...I enjoyed making the textures, it was one of the most interesting parts of the build.

This is just so awesome! I love the contrast of the sand to the lush swamp,and the architecture is lovely - well done!

Thanks Graham!

Another superlative build from you! There is nothing to not like here. The trees, as others have said, look great, and are perfect next to your small wadi/river coming down from the spring. No one does round towers as well as you, and these are no exception to that, though I did notice one seam seems to be rather long. The arches, textured walls, and colors of the whole thing are amazing.

The sand, though! The sand is just the best. It might not be Evenfell Castle for me, but wow, this is stupendous work.

Thanks Henjin, I'm glad you enjoyed the build! And Evenfall is still my fav..but I'm biased so...

I saw on flickr and had to head over here to congratulate you! This is absolutely magnificent! Truly you are a master of this genre and congratulations on the well deserved tag!

The fort itself is great, but what really makes this for me is the greenery alongside. As others have commented those trees are fantastic and like Dannylonglegs I'd love to see how they are constructed!

Great job and I look forward to seeing more!!

Thanks for coming over and leaving a comment..I'll do my best!

Really nice job, Blufiji! The usage of the Star Wars planet as a dome is very creative, I never thought of that before. :thumbup:

Thanks Brick! Always try to think out of the box!

Fantastic MOC, the landscape looks great to me. Especially the sand made of curved bricks is great.

The fortress has great stonework and i like the use of dark red in it.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the build!

It's this kind of build that motivates me to build BIG!

Build big Dubba! Your small builds are impressive so I'm sure we would all be blown away!

Beatiful Fortress!! Loved it! :wub:

Very nice usage of colours and techniques! :sweet:

I like the way you represented the desert sand and the river!! Good job! :thumbup:

Thank you Mpyro!

Wow, simply amazing! My favourite build from you yet!

Thanks BC! Your build a few weeks back crossing the desert was part of the inspiration.

The landscaping is perfect! :thumbup: But those walls are stunning! :wub:

Thank you sir!

One of the best builds from Kali and that's saying something since I think Kali has some of the best builders out there!

I'm not even a Kali builder so that's a strong compliment, Thanks Mccoyed!

Edited by Blufiji

Excellent build ! You are an excellent builder, sir, and whatever the Guild you build in, so, hats off !

I am particularly interested in your palm tree design... They seem quite elaborated but sturdy enough. Maybe I could use it in pirates MOCS if you allow me to be "inspired" from your creations. :)

Excellent work, I am curious to see the Midgardian and the Avalonian castles to be.