It's been confirmed by the LEGO employee from the Technic section that 42070 is fully RC - drive forward/backward - steer - every other function are operated via rc as well.

I'm only waiting for a demonstration video of 42070 before I can say ... no Technic set for me from the 2017 line-up.

I mean after seeing close up pictures from 42070 it's a huge truck with nothing inside???

Here's hoping for an awesome 2018 line-up ... as it was 2H 2016.

Just now, efferman said:

A guy which was in nuremberg says videos of presentation the functions are not allowed.

Is that a joke!!!??? I was already wondering because in yesterdays videos zusammengebaut.com mentioned that they were not allowed to make a close-up video.

Well, guess the exciting times of Nuremberg Toy Fair are over ... it was always a highlight for me in recent years but seeing that they don't even show their flagship set in depth shocks me!

Remember that in 2016 they showed us the Claas, Volvo, BWE in detail with all its functions ... only exception was the Porsche but it was still shown there. What a letdown, first London Toy Fair now this???

7 minutes ago, Emmi said:

It's been confirmed by the LEGO employee from the Technic section that 42070 is fully RC - drive forward/backward - steer - every other function are operated via rc as well.

I'm only waiting for a demonstration video of 42070 before I can say ... no Technic set for me from the 2017 line-up.

I mean after seeing close up pictures from 42070 it's a huge truck with nothing inside???

Here's hoping for an awesome 2018 line-up ... as it was 2H 2016.

For me no Technic 2017 set, won't pay over €200,- for a set which doesn't even have 1800 pieces. I rather wait and see what 2018 brings indeed.

3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Remember that in 2016 they showed us the Claas, Volvo, BWE in detail with all its functions ... only exception was the Porsche but it was still shown there.

And it was the Porsche that got mercilessly copycatted by that copycat manufacturer, not the others. :laugh: Probably it has something to do with PF and pneumatic elements (so far) not having been cloned.

I think there is a simple reason called Lepin. Lego want avoid copies before lego itself reach the market with the models. And we all know what dokludi can do with two blurry pictures in a silly angle. What can lepin do with high res videos of moving models?

Edited by efferman

Just now, efferman said:

I think there is a simple reason called Lepin. Lego want avoid copies before lego itself reach the market with the models. And we all know what dokludi can do with two blurry pictures in a silly angle. What can lepin do with high res videos of moving models?

That just feels like an excuse. As far as I know, Lepin has never produced a set faster than Lego. All sets they do, they make 99.9% same building steps - they can't do that until after the instructions are available. Showing sets on a toy fair can do only one thiing for Lepin - tell them which moulds in which colors they will need so they can start design/production on them.

On 2017. 01. 25. at 10:39 PM, agrof said:

Even showing pictures only does have huge marketing value, and it really matters who puts first in the publicity - especially in these internet days, where instant informations rule the consumer's world.

See one reason above, and keep in mind: the pirate companies are very busy on promoting with LEGO (official and by reviewers publicated) pictures and videos - only logo is changed. Why should LEGO support them to give the whole marketing material in their hands for free?

The world made a twist, this is one result of it.

Edited by agrof

On 2017-01-31 at 7:49 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

250€ for the truck????? Didn't someone wrote something about 180?

They charge us 70 euros for the 40th anniversary brick :tongue:

After seeing the size of 42070 (ty nick77!) it's truly impressive. I didn't like it at first but with these new views it is totally a respectable 2H Flagship. I also like that it's done with only @1800 pieces. As far as the bed, it is as pretty (ugly) as the real thing I'm sure. I agree, the price better be more like $180USD  

I think many are too hard on TLG. There are some nice models this year. 

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

And it was the Porsche that got mercilessly copycatted by that copycat manufacturer, not the others. :laugh: Probably it has something to do with PF and pneumatic elements (so far) not having been cloned.

Actually, the BWE and the Xerion got cloned as well. So did the Arocs, which has pneumatics. For some reason they've overlooked the Volvo EW160E; maybe it's not big or high-profile enough.

Oh, I stand corrected, then. But neither has remote control, maybe at least they didn't clone the IR protocol yet?

I suspect the plan is to invite RLFM (Recognized LEGO Fan media) to Billund at certain time between now and august (most likely june) and present the sets, with intwerviews from designers etc...

Just now, AVCampos said:

Oh, I stand corrected, then. But neither has remote control, maybe at least they didn't clone the IR protocol yet?

42030 is sold by them as well. Especially in Technic though, I don't think Lego has much to worry about. I seriously doubt the tolerances are anywhere near Lego's QC, so good luck getting something like the BWE actually working, when even the Lego version struggles. Though I suppose this isn't really the place to discuss that. I just wanted to say that I don't believe the "we don't show info because of clone brands" excuse at all.

1 hour ago, Miscman said:

After seeing the size of 42070 (ty nick77!) it's truly impressive. I didn't like it at first but with these new views it is totally a respectable 2H Flagship. I also like that it's done with only @1800 pieces. As far as the bed, it is as pretty (ugly) as the real thing I'm sure. I agree, the price better be more like $180USD  

I think many are too hard on TLG. There are some nice models this year. 

I think 1H has been quite good, especially where the smaller sets are concerned. And the Tow Truck is rather cool, even if it might be a bit of style over substance. I'm sure 42069 will find its audience, even if that audience doesn't include me. :wink: And let's face it: plain fire truck - better than no fire truck!

3 hours ago, Emmi said:

Well, then it seems to be between the heavy-on-gears Xerion, BWE or Arocs and the PF-biased 42030 Volvo or this year's tracked RC

I see myself in the bargain hunt in two years

Edited by bitbamboo

Off topic:

So, some people are saying that the tribute combo model isn't enough to celebrate the 40 years of Technic. Well, I found something that celebrates it. 1977 posts in this topic. The same as the year Technic started! :tongue:

800x548.jpg

Sorry, but I had to share this. 

On topic:

@nick97 Thanks for the new perspective on 42070.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

On the rear of 42069 between the two silver fake shocks, it looks like there is a yellow real shock. Is it a short one or a long one?

Of all the sets released and premiered for this year, there isn't a single one that I find appealing (the fire truck had so many possibilities and potential).  I hope this isn't all of the sets for this year. 

New parts or parts in new colors is always nice though.

As a person who prioritize display value, I want a set that I can look at it and marvel at how realistic this detail is or how well designed this function is. Too bad I feel that the three 2H sets have very little of it. The fire truck seems to have most display value among them, but its level is still lower than those of my other sets. If I'm to buy one of the 2H sets I'll get the fire truck, with reservation.

8 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

The same as the year Technic started!

I was born that year

#Geezeralert.:classic: Just kidding, well, that's a funny coincidence. Maybe you should get an original 1977 Technic set for yourself. Or, get a new one, and say it's Lego's birthday present to you.:laugh:

Anyway, the truck, contrary to what the Lego people say, is not full RC. If it were, it would be a bit less disappointing. Instead, you have two motors, one receiver, and you have to switch them manually. What's the point of making it RC if you have to manually switch functions with a manual gearbox? Also, I did some math, and the price should be about $230 USD. If it's not, there will be tables flipped.

Edited by Saberwing40k

So we know that there is a morterised winch and because of the XL motor probably rc drive and steer for 42070 and that's it.

15 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

Many many thanks!

13 hours ago, Miscman said:

After seeing the size of 42070 (ty nick77!) it's truly impressive.

11 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

On topic:

@nick97 Thanks for the new perspective on 42070.

you're welcome!
glad you like it:thumbup:

17 hours ago, Kaanere said:

Or a moving gear gearbox, like in the good old times. (Thanks Blackbird!)8860cxmsn.jpg

Yes I agree. It looks like a real three-stage gearbox.

Overall, I liked the idea to combine a 3-set - it brings more variety. But this processor looks like something small.
Take a look at the number of parts of three sets:
- 42057 = 199 pieces;
- 42061 = 260 pieces;
- 42063 = 603 pieces;
Total 1062 pieces (i
t is a not bad quantity)

In appearance harvester consists of about 500-600 pieces. It means that a lot of pieces is not of used.
IMHO, this reminds combine dial 42048, an improved version, they differ in that:
- Added 1 step in the gearbox;
- Added to the suspension on the rear axle;
- Added 3 cylinder engine;
- Added vintelyator on the engine;
- Added 1 seat for the passenger;

Except for the suspension, the differences compared with the 42048 is not very principled. 
:hmpf_bad:
In principle, it combines several sets - it's a good idea, but I would like to combine was more technically complicated and more functional. :wub:

Edited by Vicont45