Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

26 minutes ago, fatsomania said:

I am wondering why Boba Fett's hands in the Desert Skiff Escape set are tan. It seems less accurate to me, because if you look at a picture of Boba Fett, his hands are gray.

He got sand on them. He's in the desert.

20 hours ago, Helghan said:

Ridiculous. Those sets are not cheap by any measure. I have the original DS and the 2013 Falcon, I picked up the Tydirium just to have more Imperial resources but had I not been a die-hard Imperial I likely would not have a new Chewbacca either.

I can live with this set, the guard has superb torso/leg detailing and the ROTJ Boba looks great updated. Han and Chewie are expected but I see great parts value in the set itself..especially with that brown flex tubing.

No ones has argued against the cheapest, but I still think an AFOL who collect lego, would be likely tog get any of those sets mentioned, both the Shuttle and the MF have been on discount numerous times both new and second hand, so I don't see the impossibility. I got all three of them and plenty other sets + over 50 BL orders this year and I'm a university student so I don't see the issue of getting the chewy before if you're not seven years old

By stating that, I know this is getting off topic again, but the purpose of the statement originally was the discontent of repeating figures and the fact that they are in different price class is no reason to repeat them over and over again, in that case, one could might as well have the same figures in every price class

Edited by Sneakguest

6 hours ago, fatsomania said:

I am wondering why Boba Fett's hands in the Desert Skiff Escape set are tan. It seems less accurate to me, because if you look at a picture of Boba Fett, his hands are gray.

Boba Fett wears a different suit in The Return of the Jedi.  This suit has gray sleeves and pants, a blue jet pack, red gauntlets, and a different cape.  The gloves are gray but have tan fabric on the back of them.

Image result for boba fett return of the jediImage result for boba fett return of the jedi gloves

So I believe this is accurate to the film except for his jet pack not being blue.

I am torn whether to get the set or wait until he gets his red gauntlets printed on. 

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

It's a good set. Lacking in features, but it serves its purposes and its a nice OT vehicle that's pretty iconic, and also has a nice set of figures.

This looks pretty great! Great minifig selection for a set of that size, and the speeder looks close to perfect. Can't really expect anything more.

Overall I think it's a neat little set. Especially to those who missed out on The Cantina set. Although he was relevant to the scene, I think they could've replaced C-3PO with another character like Ponda Baba or Aunt Beru (not relevant, but it would've drawn more attention and made the set a little more interesting).

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, Deathstroke77 said:

Like I said, I've been waiting for a CHEAP-ish set for him to be in - I have no real interest in buying any of those, since 1) they're expensive and 2) I had no real desire to buy either.

Yes I feel that way too... In over 16 years of buying Lego my ONLY Chewbacca to date is from the original Millenium Falcon from 2000! In old brown too! So I really am excited for the chance to get a new Chewie someday soon. I think that desert skiff also has the bonus draw of including Boba Fett, who I also don't have a new version of (again, I am still using the original "Marvin the Martian" Boba Fett helmet figure).

So from what I can see the only real difference (besides a slight sticker change) from Luke's Speeder in this wave to the cantina is the curved dark red tiles on the bonnet and the red 'R5-D4' heads on the three propulsion units?

75173 is an interesting set- from what I can tell every minifigurr has already appeared in another set previously (even the 75052 cantina Luke with the new style face (75093) was combined and released in 75159 I think). Meaning that it has 0 new minifigures or different combinations of minifigure parts. When was the last time a set was released like this? 

On 12/20/2016 at 6:17 AM, Richpepperell said:

I too have totally had it with the headset head! I also agree about the Satele hair piece- the side bits look good but the back's too long though. 

On a different note, I was wondering about the rumoured Vader transformation set. Any chance it could actually be/incorporate

Spoiler

I was laughing so hard what a bacteria tank was...because I think it will make Darth Vader's  wounds worse... and then I saw you already corrected it.

:grin:

Havent followed this thread for a while now, but... I'm starting to get triggered that they arent releasing any real UCS sets, two play sets in a row now and I'm starting to get anxious.

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

2017 may well be your year then.

What is also being released besides the Snowspeeder, if you don't mind me asking

6 hours ago, makoy said:

Hide contents

I was laughing so hard what a bacteria tank was...because I think it will make Darth Vader's  wounds worse... and then I saw you already corrected it.

:grin:

Curse you autocorrelation! 

1 hour ago, namioik said:

What is also being released besides the Snowspeeder, if you don't mind me asking

I hope it's a UCS Venator, we are beyond due for one of those.  I can't think of any other more important ship that doesn't have a UCS version.  Besides maybe an A-wing.

Assuming the rebel hangar set is the Yavin base, the only obvious sets TLG could make from Rogue One are the AT-ACT and the cargo shuttle. I'd love to see a different Imperial base, but I figure they'll (sadly) shy away from that because they already made the Scarif battle set.

Spoiler

Vader's sanctum, the prison transport vehicle, and TIE boarding craft would be cool, but we only saw them for a couple seconds. I suppose for TLG that's not an issue though! :laugh: 

I'm confused - how many set slots are still unknown? Curious about when those could fit in.

Hmm, dunno about the XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX in rogue 1 

Spoiler

Since its essentially the juggernaut/ clone turbo tank. there are 3 versions of it

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Possible spoiler for Rogue One, please use better judgement when quoting or citing others statements.

1 hour ago, DarthHank said:

Assuming the rebel hangar set is the Yavin base, the only obvious sets TLG could make from Rogue One are the AT-ACT and the cargo shuttle. I'd love to see a different Imperial base, but I figure they'll (sadly) shy away from that because they already made the Scarif battle set.

Reveal hidden contents

Vader's sanctum, the prison transport vehicle, and TIE boarding craft would be cool, but we only saw them for a couple seconds. I suppose for TLG that's not an issue though! :laugh: 

I'm confused - how many set slots are still unknown? Curious about when those could fit in.

Brickset has removed the Rebel Hanger from the database. As of now there are three unknown sets listed among the Summer wave (75176, 75177 and 75179), five that should be for Episode VIII (75187-75190 plus 75192) and six that are buildable figures (75526-75532)

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Brickset has removed the Rebel Hanger from the database. As of now there are three unknown sets listed among the Summer wave (75176, 75177 and 75179), five that should be for Episode VIII (75187-75190 plus 75192) and six that are buildable figures (75526-75532)

Well not surprised unfortunately, although I think there should be a rumor soon about a USC connected to the anniversary of ANH, can't imagine that TLG have not though of that...

So after seeing Rogue One yesterday...

Spoiler

Im kinda disappointed that we dont get a regular T65B, i'd love a blue-leader (Ben Daniels looked amazing as a fighter pilot/general), especially considering the Y-wing (which we get two off, one normal, one micro) takes a back-seat to the X-wing. Second, i cant help but think either the Tie-striker got a design change last minute for the movie, or lego conflated the Tie-striker and the landing craft, the rear of the wing panels is all wrong

Considering it's the 40th anniversary of ANH, Lego really would be missing a trick if they didn't do a UCS Yavin base. Something similar to assault on hoth/the recent Death Star. The amount of important characters that could be put in the set would be plenty. Not to mention an updated fleet trooper. The amount of potential yavin base has for a set is huge. 

Maybe it's wishful thinking though, but one can hope!  

42 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

So after seeing Rogue One yesterday...

Hide contents

Im kinda disappointed that we dont get a regular T65B, i'd love a blue-leader (Ben Daniels looked amazing as a fighter pilot/general), especially considering the Y-wing (which we get two off, one normal, one micro) takes a back-seat to the X-wing. Second, i cant help but think either the Tie-striker got a design change last minute for the movie, or lego conflated the Tie-striker and the landing craft, the rear of the wing panels is all wrong

Well, absence of X-Wing is understandable considering there's currently 2 Resistance models on the shelves! And there a difference between Tie Striker which is 90% accurate to the movie version and Landing Tie with Deathtroopers.