CopMike

21128 The Village - LEGO Minecraft

21128 The Village

Ages 8+. 1,600 pieces.

US $199.99 - CA $249.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1899.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build and protect The Village!

Join forces with Alex at the busy Minecraft™ village, including a variety of biomes plus a watchtower, library, blacksmith, butcher and marketplace. Enjoy hands-on Minecraft adventures featuring your favorite characters and objects with this LEGO® Minecraft set—designed for young fans of the highly successful sandbox video game.

• Includes 4 minifigures: Steve, Alex, zombie and a zombie villager, plus a Creeper™, enderman, pig, baby pig, iron golem and 2 villagers (a farmer and a librarian).

• The Village features rainforest, snow and desert biomes, and includes a watchtower, library, blacksmith, butcher and a marketplace.

• Fold out the library and butcher's buildings and lift the marketplace roof to access the interiors.

• Grab your iron sword and prepare for battle!

• Build the iron golem to help protect the village.

• Accessory elements include a crafting table, water bucket, emerald-ore-style elements, 2 pumpkin heads and a chest with emerald-style elements.

• Weapons include a sword and a pickaxe.

• Set your imagination free—rebuild the set for more LEGO® Minecraft™ creations!

• Measures over 5” (15cm) high, 19” (49cm) wide and 17” (44cm) deep.

26356629961_47d1ef4142_c.jpg

26396864316_221fc2cef6_c.jpg

26330460842_e6f65b9285_c.jpg

26356631971_434529b91e_c.jpg

25817979114_0b2a51d2aa_c.jpg

26422815555_721b4d1cc6_c.jpg

26356634921_77db7a3c94_c.jpg

26356635911_37e50a6253_c.jpg

26356637411_df04a5f6ec_c.jpg

26396875536_bcc487516b_c.jpg

26422808705_cab1e231bb.jpg26396861836_192d766c07.jpg25817975234_e021a2b83b.jpg25820007223_18aeb401c8.jpg25817975364_4e19f6e87f.jpg26422809075_189714fff5.jpg26356627001_598d77fa93.jpg26396862296_47985a46ba.jpg26356627181_177a92fe18.jpg

Well its a nice parts pack for some colors.. if ever on sale. And it don't look to bad, from a playability field of view.

I acually wonder, is this the last Minecraft set, because it contains almost every character from the previous sets, except Nether monsters and skeletons. Skeletons will actually appear in Fortress. So, in this way TLG is saying goodbye to the theme or not?

Looks great I have to say, the Zombie Villager is a pleasant surprise and the new food (cake and potatoes) are spot-on as well :thumbup: Two things though: why are there still no melons or chickens?! Excuse me while I go cry in the corner :cry_sad:

Brown plant stalks!!!!! That and the olive green 1x1 round studs (in pic 5 with the pigs) are the only things that excite me.

Honestly this would be a good set if not for the price. $200 for 1600 pieces? That's 12.5 cents per piece, even worse than the overpriced Helicarrier.

That is Star Wars UCS overpricing for a Minecraft set

I acually wonder, is this the last Minecraft set, because it contains almost every character from the previous sets, except Nether monsters and skeletons. Skeletons will actually appear in Fortress. So, in this way TLG is saying goodbye to the theme or not?

I doubt it, Minecraft is too much of a money maker and there's still plenty of opportunities for sets, with the list growing all the time as Minecraft gets updates.

Honestly this would be a good set if not for the price. $200 for 1600 pieces? That's 12.5 cents per piece, even worse than the overpriced Helicarrier.

To be fair, it's not as simple as that. A lot of the pieces in this set are large plates, which are going to cost more. There's much more to the price of a set than the mere number of pieces.

Personally, I would have loved if they took out the stuff that doesn't actually belong (the trading post, the pig pen) and replaced it with a church from the game. The building is easily one of the most iconic parts of a village. And more Villagers would have been really nice. This was the one set that really didn't need Steve/Alex, I really don't know why they didn't replace those two with some other Villagers.

And most of the parts are chap plain bricks.

I really don't understand the appeal of these sets. Make blocks out of bricks to make simple structures?

Steve

I really don't understand the appeal of these sets. Make blocks out of bricks to make simple structures?

Steve

Well I think to understand the sets, you have to understand the aesthetics of the game. From a casual glance I can see why the structures would look simple and somewhat boring but if you play the game it helps the sets make a lot more sense in terms of design.

I have to say though... £170? That's a lot to blow on one set. Steve AND Alex seemed unecessary... A villager would have been a better choice.

I may be totally insane for saying this but this is an awesome set!

They definitely should have replaced Alex and Steve with two additional villagers. Perhaps this will seem better if they come out with a cheap set that has a villager or two.

The appeal is very close to what the appeal of Lego of the old days had been. This set is clearly on the expensive side but I would think that it offers great play value. And I am not talking about action figure play, but the original idea of lego of easy reconstruction and giving children a nice toy that supports their creativity by simply going straight into constructing. I love it how the Minecraft series apparently manages to get the original lego idea back in modern clothing to a new generation of children.

Maybe grown ups can't appreciate it as much, because of a lack of challenge or aesthetics but then Lego is primarely made for children. One should not forget that.

Edited by TheJiral

This pricey parts pack still manages to put Assault on Hoth to shame. :tongue:

So... A village with only two villagers...

And plenty of random characters...

Just like in the game. Villages are always empy because of stupid mass zombie spawnings

The idea of the larger torsos is nice but shame they don't have regular arms.

This pricey parts pack still manages to put Assault on Hoth to shame. :tongue:

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing :laugh:

While not a minecraft/MC Lego fan, I think it seems pretty decent for those that are fans of it. If slightly overpriced though.

$200 is kinda pricey for only 1600 pieces, but it looks nice overall.

Hoping the Villagers aren't exclusive to this set, especially considering it only comes with ONE proper one.

Not to go into much of value here, I don't believe piece count isn't too much of an indicator of value here. With all the large plates and big bricks, unlike Star Wars sets that have smaller pieces to get the finer detailing. Just the expanse of stuff you get, 3 houses, a large farm area, desert well, small jungle section, and even some snow, show the diversity you get just in one set alone. I guess when it gets down to it you sort of have to be a fan of Minecraft to get the subjective value of the set, being that the build is so Minecraft.

But after all, big $200+ sets will have around the same value as other $200 sets, otherwise Lego would be shooting their selfs in the foot so to speak, by artificially hurting sales of one product.

When it down to it, being a fan of Minecraft myself, I think it is great how much was captured in this set alone, small details like the well and the farm, which probably wouldn't get sets on their own (while "The Farm" was a set, it wasn't a Village farm) and getting characters that won't appear elsewhere, the 3 villagers themselves. I think the value is okay for what you pay for, you get more or less out of it being a fan or not being one.

Well.... not the best D2C

It seems 2016 is not a good year for D2C's

Fully agree. Very disappointing LEGO year this year so far.

It started off great with the Bank and HQ but it looks we will have to wait till the summer before anything comes out worthy of my money. And I have plenty to spend but not on this recent bunch of god-awful D2C's...

I guess the Minecraft fans must be happy though. And I personally have high hopes for the special Technic sets this year...

I think the set has a nice atmosphere. It features the maximum amount of key elements found in a village, except for the church, which is understandable given TLG's policy. In other words, this is a pretty accurate, proper, complete village! :sweet: Now that is something we hardly see.. eh... ever? Also, I like the villager. Maybe the torso could even be used to make regular minifig monks.

So, the bad things, then. As with most of the Minecraft sets, this one has quite a bad price-per-piece ratio. I think that for a D2C set, they should have gone for the 10 cents per piece mark, so that it would be a 2000-piece set. We could have gotten an extra house, along with an extra villager. I am also a little annoyed that they still haven't changed the default skin (but keeping the Steve/Alex head), because don't tell me the designers aren't creative enough to make some nice biome/scene/activity-related custom skins! :hmpf_bad: This applies more to the range in general, though.

-snip-

these are my thoughts, posted them in the other thread already :blush: