Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

Stopping the Cold

24228454673_7432a9c092_z.jpg

A few Algus stragglers( I guess they didn't get the memo that the challenge is over) force their way into Avalonia, leaving an icy trail of destruction in their wake. Luckily Lord Dan has rallied his forces and they make a stand on the border of Araluen against these Frozen Invaders.

24487694129_cdae8cc1c0_z.jpg

24488181659_43be94b268_z.jpg

The Araluen Town Guards are having a little too much fun with their job.

Extra pictures:

24228447373_3f66bd2ffc_z.jpg

24228446853_28890a6c13_z.jpg

This was going to be my Cat C build for the Frozen Beyond challenge, but I ran out of time before the deadline. Im actually glad I missed it because it allowed me to spend more time fully developing the build instead of rushing it, and besides it didn't have much chance against all the awesome entries in that category anyway.

Also I couldn't decide between black or white background for the main shot, and both have pros and cons so I included both. I also finally made a new outfit for Dan, so he has something to wear besides full armor all the time.

Comments and Criticism are welcome. Thanks

Edited by LordDan

Excellent build, the steps up the rock work are great! :thumbup:

Excellent build LD, awesome stone stairs, great posing and idea as well, I'm afraid those Algus are toast! :wink::laugh: Very nice vegetation and trees too, and I particularly like the lighting you got with the black background! :thumbup:

A few Algus stragglers (I guess they didn't get the memo that the challenge is over) force their way into Avalonia, leaving an icy trail of destruction in their wake...

:roflmao::iamded_lol:

I really like all the poses you put the minifigs in, the rock work looks great as well.

Excellent contours on this build, and the staircase is well done! Great MoC!

Gorgeous landscape! The mountain path is perfect, and the rockwork in general is superb :thumbup: Great ambush posing, with the numerous archers, and the barrel of oil too.

Plus you did a good job portraying the cold where the Algus are, opposed to the lush greenery on the other end :classic: