In the Buwizz app, you should be apple to go to the options cog and then click the available active Buwizz units and see the details of their firmware - if I remember correctly, 3.22 is the one from BETA, 3.18 of the old LIVE release.. But also the firmware versions may be different for a Buwizz2 unit - so take my post here with care and better wait for some Buwizz2 owners, who can help you out better than I may.

Fingers crossed for both functioning update of BC2 for new Buwizz API as well as faster response time with the new Bluetooth protocol.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:17 AM, Sentinel said:

Can I use a Nintendo switch controller with brickcontroller 2?

yes you can but you gotta connect by cable as when i tried i couldnt find a way to connect wirelessly 

@aFrInaTi0n
Well, i updated the Buwizz because it was still at 3.18 (i still don't remember installing any beta before). It said update failed, but the whole thing now reads for firmware; 3.22 and for tajnik; 1.10.
Still not working with BC2, however, and it's frustrating as hell. Anyone else had any issues with it?

Also, it appears to see my Buwizz 3.0 unit as a Buwizz 2.0 unit... tf

@Zerobricks
I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, but could this be my Buwizz unit being faulty in some way? It also doesn't calibrate center steering on ports 1 and 4, for some reason. Should i write to BW support maybe, because this whole thing is weird and im baffled completely lol.

Edited by Krafnar

7 minutes ago, Krafnar said:

@Zerobricks
I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, but could this be my Buwizz unit being faulty in some way? It also doesn't calibrate center steering on ports 1 and 4, for some reason. Should i write to BW support maybe, because this whole thing is weird and im baffled completely lol.

Coild be a bad contact. I suggest taking a needle and pulling out the 6 contacts at affected ports a bit.

I mean... I literally just renamed it, somehow, and everything works. It also updated succesfully. I'll check the contacts and everything later, but as for right now..
Omg.
Sorry for the prolonged essay of how it was my own stupid fault in the end.

Thx, man, big fan :)

Edited by Krafnar

All fine and thumbs up if it is working as expected now.

Asking for help should never be considered wrong by anyone.

Hello,

First of all, let me thank you for the amazing BrickController 2 app! It is very easy to use and it saves a lot of time programming with the PU app. 

I am currently trying to use the BC2 app to control a MOC that uses a PU hub 88009 combined with CTRL+ XL-motor 88014 for driving and a CTRL+ L-motor 88013 for steering, using the L-motor as a servo motor that returns to 0 every time. 
However, after driving for a while, the L-motor starts to act up and seems to be 'resetting' by spinning around for a long time until I stop it manually and reset the gears to the 0 position. 

This only happens when I use the PU hub 88009; I don't have the issue when I use the same configuration on the Technic hub 88012.  

On 2/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, imurvai said:

Hi, the stepper hasn't been implemented properly for BW3. I need some more time to figure out how it's working. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't know if this behavior is caused by a software issue in the BC2 app, or something in the PU hub 88009. Is this something that you could look into, perhaps? 
Anyone else that has had this issue? 

Due to the size of my MOC, I would really like to be able to use the smaller PU hub 88009 instead of the bulky Technic Hub 88012. 

Hope there is a (easy) solution for this. 

Again, thank you for your hard work and support! Cheers!

For people asking for mould king support on BrickController2, I've been working on a new app for Chinese hubs and have got it pairing and sending payloads now. Hoping to be able to control 4+ hubs from one page since the apps these clones come with are terrible. I'll post some screenshots when the UI is not looking as shoddy but I'm far enough ahead with the project that I'm happy talking about it.

If the creator of BrickController2 wants to get in touch in case they're thinking of clone hub support then feel free :)

Edited by NYYLE

@NYYLE I know, having released an own app may be nice from the perspective of your own reputation - but wouldn't it be better to hand this over to BrickController as an Feature/PullRequest?

Only my opinion here - but another app just for MK Boxes would be not of interest to me, as I don't see any additional value for myself..

@aFrInaTi0n I'd be very happy to help out with BrickController as I know a lot of people find it extremely useful. My app is mainly for myself and a couple of friends that are looking for something quite specific, not to compete with BrickController for the sake of it

Is there any way to be able to export a profile? Brickcontroller 2 is the only app I've successfully been able to control a MOC of the Liebherr. I've set up the controller for myself, but I'd like to be able to send the profile to a friend who isn't very technology-friendly. Creating a profile to control all 6 motors would be a bit much. If I could get him started with a profile that would be great.

Hello there! I have PS5 controller and Liebherr LR set, have Brick Controller2 app. How to adjust all this? Any tutorial would be appreciated! 

Ok, initial video from the head post + google how to link gamedpad to iphone helped, already playing :tongue:

First of all: thanks for this cool app, @imurvai!

I have a problem: I don't think I understand the "sequence" function.

I've made a simple sequence with 2 steps:
- value: 30 %, dur. 800 ms
- value -30 %, dur: 800 ms

When I run it, the motor turns slow in one direction for 800 ms and then slow in the other direction for another 800 ms - GREAT! But after that, it turns the first direction again, at full speed, infinite.
"Interpolate" and "Loop" are not set.

That must be an error?

Hello everyone, I recently came across a problem that I didn't get previously. So I have a model that weights 1,2kg (4-wheel drive buggy - 81mm wheels dimensions), which is powered by 4 buggy motors with two Buwizz'es 3.0(two motors for each unit) and of course one L motor for steering. When I hook this thing up to BrickController app and try to ride it with PS4 controller I cannot exceed like 20% of power, because it will immedietelly shut down both Buwizz'es and then I need to put them to power source to get back working. Out of curiosity I launched this setup without BrickController and straight up to BuWizz app and I don't get that kind of situation, I can really push model to it's limit without any shutdowns. I wasn't using Buwizz and BrickController for past two months, because I focused on brushless setup on a different model, is there something that was changed in BrickController app? I didn't receive any update. Is anyone having similar issues like me?

25 minutes ago, Krxlion said:

Hello everyone, I recently came across a problem that I didn't get previously. So I have a model that weights 1,2kg (4-wheel drive buggy - 81mm wheels dimensions), which is powered by 4 buggy motors with two Buwizz'es 3.0(two motors for each unit) and of course one L motor for steering. When I hook this thing up to BrickController app and try to ride it with PS4 controller I cannot exceed like 20% of power, because it will immedietelly shut down both Buwizz'es and then I need to put them to power source to get back working. Out of curiosity I launched this setup without BrickController and straight up to BuWizz app and I don't get that kind of situation, I can really push model to it's limit without any shutdowns. I wasn't using Buwizz and BrickController for past two months, because I focused on brushless setup on a different model, is there something that was changed in BrickController app? I didn't receive any update. Is anyone having similar issues like me?

It is not that something has been changed in BC2 app, but rather the contrary, that it has not yet been changed.

Everybody was having such issues with both the Buwizz app and the BC2 app. The problem originated from the Buwizz FW itself, previously not limiting the amount of current and shutting the Buwizz down when pushing a model too hard (too fast/heavy for the motors). But recently the Buwizz FW was updated and now current limits can be set, and the Buwizz app now sets them properly, so now if you use that, it does not shut down. However, the BC2 app has not yet been modified, and so it does not set the limits, so the shutdown issue is still there. It would be nice if this was fixed.

@imurvai, could this be fixed some time? It does not seem like a lot of work (calling a current limit setter at startup), but it would help a lot for many people.

Alternatively, the Buwizz app is also going to have gamepad controller support soon, so that will also be an option.

1 hour ago, Hamischlammengamen said:

On the next update, could you add the ability to type the in percentage of outputs, instead of only being able to customize them through sliders?

Oh yeah, that's cumbersome indeed! So +1 for that.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:50 PM, Krxlion said:

yes same here. don't know why.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, imurvai said:

Yes, it's a known issue. For some BW2s the ports are swapped. If I have time I'll add a config setting for it.

Hello, I would like to ask whether you have taken any steps in this direction? Is there a chance that you will do anything about it, or are you no longer interested in BW2 and only work with BW3?

@imurvai

Is it possible to display information about the voltage of the device(s) on the screen when using the profile?

This information is displayed in the application after connecting the device separately. This makes it easier to control the battery charge level. :) 

Edited by eric trax

On 9/1/2023 at 6:22 PM, gyenesvi said:

It is not that something has been changed in BC2 app, but rather the contrary, that it has not yet been changed.

Everybody was having such issues with both the Buwizz app and the BC2 app. The problem originated from the Buwizz FW itself, previously not limiting the amount of current and shutting the Buwizz down when pushing a model too hard (too fast/heavy for the motors). But recently the Buwizz FW was updated and now current limits can be set, and the Buwizz app now sets them properly, so now if you use that, it does not shut down. However, the BC2 app has not yet been modified, and so it does not set the limits, so the shutdown issue is still there. It would be nice if this was fixed.

@imurvai, could this be fixed some time? It does not seem like a lot of work (calling a current limit setter at startup), but it would help a lot for many people.

Alternatively, the Buwizz app is also going to have gamepad controller support soon, so that will also be an option.

Cant agree more, buwizz is developing their own controller support however still not functional. It would be great if BC2 can fix this problem so we don't have to rely on buwizz development. You can even charge for it, you deserve that.

Also when using PU L motors for steering, we can choose motor type as servo, so it will work in BC2, that is what I do now, however the angle max is only 180 degree, so the turning radius is extremely small, can you make a bigger up limit like 720 degree? @imurvai

On 8/31/2023 at 10:17 PM, mortenm said:

I've made a simple sequence with 2 steps:

- value: 30 %, dur. 800 ms
- value -30 %, dur: 800 ms

When I run it, the motor turns slow in one direction for 800 ms and then slow in the other direction for another 800 ms - GREAT! But after that, it turns the first direction again, at full speed, infinite.

@mortenm Try to add "0% 300ms" as first step. It works for me. Looks like there is a bug in briccontroller2 and step#1 starts after sequence is finished. I reported this in https://github.com/imurvai/brickcontroller2/issues/102.