Oh thanks Jim for the offer! I've always wondered:

- How many push does it take for the crane arm to raise.

- How long can the crane arm stays erected after the hand pump has been pushed. I mean, there's no air tank to maintain the internal pressure, so at some point the crane arm will fall.

- Does the set come with extra part for the B-model-only stickers? The Volvo loader set has 2 stickers for the 5x11 black panel in both models, but only provides one 5x11 black panel. So if I want to use the B-model sticker I'll have to peel off the A-model one on the panel, which I don't want to. So I wanna see if TLG does something about that this time.

Not related to this post, but are you going to review the BWE also, or is it gonna be someone else?

Edited by nguyengiangoc

It might be interesting to include some kind of comparison between this new pump and the older pumps from the older pneumatic system. I am curious to see what improvements they made to this 'Pneumatic System V2' pump. Looking forward to your review!

Also, can you motorize this pump? Like in the walking castle that made it to the front page some time ago (can't find it now).

I'm curious about the size. The clams are the same as on the Arocs, but the I have the impression that this excavator is in a bigger scale. A comparison of the two would be nice, if possible.

Concerning Playability: Does it stand "sturdy" enough to use the valves?

As it's lighter than the Arocs i fear to move the model when making the small movements needed to get small enough movements.

And while some movements can be controlled by pumping, the lowering of the arm is always critical.

Any way of testing the max pressure of the new pump? Most of my pumps will exceed the limit of my lego pressure gauge.

Edited by allanp

Any way of testing the max pressure of the new pump? Most of my pumps will exceed the limit of my lego pressure gauge.

You could attempt to connect it to a pressure gauge that has higher readings. You may have to hook up an adapter that goes from small LEGO pneumatic tubing to the connection type your gauge uses.

You could attempt to connect it to a pressure gauge that has higher readings. You may have to hook up an adapter that goes from small LEGO pneumatic tubing to the connection type your gauge uses.

Right but not having the new pump myself I want Jim to do it!

wow i did not know that the cabin can lift that high.

This is the technic version

lego-technic-42053_3.jpg

This is the real version.

CFifheDWEAET7j4.jpg

(- edit: changed image after jim's post)

Edited by roppie11

Hmm, I wonder if this set contains a new hand pump, and a 5 or 6L pump, both connected to the valves Via a T piece, so you can hand pump it, or motorize the small pump, I see room in the superstructure for it, so it might be possible.

This is the real version. The

That images is way too big.

Isn't CAT a different brand than Volvo?

Also, can you motorize this pump? Like in the walking castle that made it to the front page some time ago (can't find it now).

In the box art it seems that there are instructions for motorizing the arm. Other that motorizing the pump, I don't know how they do it. On the other hand, it does not look like they are motorizing the pump.

post-153994-0-14761100-1467226886_thumb.jpeg

Isn't that obvious? There are 2 pumps, a manual one sticking out, and a small one intended for motor in the back.

You can see more details about the manual pump in this pic:

http://images.bricks.../42053_alt3.jpg

I really love the B-model, because it has a lot of realistic details and closely resemble the real L30G. However, the stickers on the panels in B-models are different from those on ones in A-model. That means I'll have peel off the A-model ones to use the B-model ones, which I really don't like.

And I just discover another shortcoming of the B-model. As you can see in the picture, the front section are connected to the rear ones only through 2 liftarms on the top of the turntable. This connection will be very flimsy.

343oi7c.jpg

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Isn't that obvious? There are 2 pumps, a manual one sticking out, and a small one intended for motor in the back.

Having two different pumps in a set seems possible, but not obvious. At least not to me.

Having two different pumps in a set seems possible, but not obvious. At least not to me.

8049 had two pumps and was ready for motorisation with 8293.

8049 had two pumps and was ready for motorisation with 8293.

Ok, I didn't know that. Maybe that's it then. All the better, because there's value in those pumps.

In the box art it seems that there are instructions for motorizing the arm. Other that motorizing the pump, I don't know how they do it. On the other hand, it does not look like they are motorizing the pump.

post-153994-0-14761100-1467226886_thumb.jpeg

Perhaps it's likely to include an optional compressor pump.

Dimaks13, thanks - it's really larger and detailed) As i look at these photos - PF upgrade may be just motorised first boom section with some levers and gears, leaving all pneumatics untouched.

Dimaks13, thanks - it's really larger and detailed) As i look at these photos - PF upgrade may be just motorised first boom section with some levers and gears, leaving all pneumatics untouched.

That doesnt make any sense at all so that photo doeasnt mean anything, and its the same as the other one above (next to the 347 degree pic)

That doesnt make any sense at all so that photo doeasnt mean anything, and its the same as the other one above (next to the 347 degree pic)

They are larger, and that opinion just came to my mind)