Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Where is this coming from? On the box, it looks like she's got trans-clear saber blades, which is close enough.

They were blue in the photos. So we wait and see whether the photos had an error or the box image's colour was misleading.

Where is this coming from? On the box, it looks like she's got trans-clear saber blades, which is close enough.

The color of hers are so weird it would be hard for Lego to do it just right. They're white... but also sorta blue at the same time.

But it shouldn't be that hard for them to do a piece already in existence in a new color. It's not like a new mold.

Edited by DarkLordSauron

And as far as TPM goes, yes, it is similar in story to ANH. So is pretty much every happy story that's ever existed (Lucas followed a VERY unimaginative hero's journey model). But TFA is so visually similar to ANH (Death Star/Starkiller Base? I mean, come ON... R2-D2/BB-8 being hunted down by the Empire... on a desert planet... the list goes on), it's so much more obvious IMO.

No, I like PT because it is so different and adds new complex layers to Star Wars beyond Good Guys vs Bad Guys and growing up. But they were horribly written. TFA is a well made movie, but It's too unoriginal for my tastes. I think JekPorkchops hit the nail on the head as far as my opinion goes. Perhaps I was too hopeful for a new, creative, shall we say Palpatine-esque story in the new trilogy in the form of well-made movies. OT is great, but I don't want a new OT, I want something new entirely.

In terms of the PT, I think a bunch of things happening at once is not the same as complexity, and its certainly not the same thing as depth. The villains in the PT are still out for revenge and 1-dimensional, and the only moral complexity added to the Jedi seems to be ignorance and stupidity, which completely contradicts what the "all connecting life force" represents. The PT is just about the two most powerful people, a special misunderstood and confused "superkid" (Anakin is still a "heroes Journey" figure for the Jedi, he just kills them all before he redeems them with Luke) and a politician who is playing both sides of a chess board to such a a degree that none of the players really matter. Obi-Wan, the Republic, the Jedi almost seem unnecessary to the plot, and aren't explored in a fundamental way. Ultimately, the prequels deconstruct the OT, but fail to reconstruct it in a way that gives Star Wars emotional and/or realistic depth as a whole.

As a sequel, TFA advances the themes introduced by Darth Vader's reveal as Luke's father: that 'evil' (and good) is an internal human threat, not an external one. We see this in Kylo and Luke, and their personal pain. The heroes certainly aren't challenged as much as Empire or Sith, but that is because it's the first act of the trilogy, the characters (and the audience) need to know who they are (and what Star Wars is), before any of that can be challenged. That certainly makes it more than ANH 2, as the film really finds a way of turning the OT into backstory through theme without explaining every detail of the films.

Anyways, as a recent Star Wars set fan who just got the Falcon (My brother had the original set and I had a LOT of nostalgia from playing with it), what would you guys suggest from the recent releases?

Edited by the last chronicler

A hell of a lot harder than you would think, considering that's not even a color in their production palette.

Trans clear is, and would do the job better than any trans blue.

This topic is locked...for the time being. Anyone that has posted in the last 48 hours should take a look at the first post in this thread. It does not say to complain about prices, it does not say to crack jokes, and it does not say you should discuss your favorite Star Wars movie and why.

When I unlock this thread, you all need to stay on topic.

The 75156 looks cool, AT ST is okayish and don't really care for the rest. The minifigs however look kinda lackluster when it comes to troopers.

Yeah I was surprised to see them when scrolling through facebook ,it seems that the hat may be Jyn's main look then seeing as these pics only have her in the hat and not without.

They have them up on their YouTube channel. They actually look very nice. The best 2 might be the 2 smallest. Someone seems wrong about the general in the largest set. Also only one death trooper (i think) in the entire wave

Edited by Falconfan1414

This wave looks great! The smallest one, the tie fighter looking one, and the rebel transport look the best.

The minifigures of Rogue One sets are phenomenal! Much better than that poster Lego released a while ago. Tank troopers and Deathtroopers are outstanding, Shoretroopers- not so much. Also Lego Really put all their eggs in 1 basket by putting all main good guys minifigure in U-Wing set, sure some other rebels are in other set , but still strange move by Lego. As for the builds themselves they're ok, Tank is a must buy set for me. AT-ST is a big improvement over 2007 one, so I'm considering getting it, the rest of the sets don't interest me that much. Overall builds wise Rogue One sets are worse that TFA initiall wave, minifigure wise on par with TFA.

Seems like an odd dispersement of what are thought to be main characters. The TIE Striker looks like pure army-builder as far as sets go, with no named characters (AFAIK)... Rebel trooper, TIE pilot, Imperial Landing Crew/whatever, and a Shoretrooper. The tank looks a little weird, but seems like it'll be a nice set... the AT-ST looks okay so far, the Striker looks bigger than I expected, the U-wing as well (which means little doubt it's a transport more than a starfighter), and the Imperial cargo shuttle gives us all the black bricks we should've had in Kylo Ren's shuttle :tongue:

Hopefully there are a couple Death Troopers in 75156... nice to see the Director has black pants! :wink: Also hope Cassian Andor gets another appearance in the next year or so in his officer's uniform rather than the heavy "Hoth" jacket. Kinda surprised to see no RFTs, but there are always the Battle Packs in January!

[snip] Also only one death trooper (i think) in the entire wave

If I was to place a bet, I would say there's at least 2 death troopers within the largest set, the minifigure poster doesn't show duplicates for each set (see the smallest one for the two troopers).

Overall I must say that some of these look pretty cool, bring on more visuals! :classic:

AT-ST might be serviceable enough. The main character droid looks a lot like the 2-1B in black, though maybe the head part is different. The ships are doing nothing for me, unfortunately.

Edited by HawkLord

The only sets that interest me now are AT-ST, Imperial Tank, and the U-Wing.

The Imperial Tank is pretty great considering the price point.

The AT-ST is a bit wonky but the head is far better. I'm willing to build my own legs to improve it.

Tie Striker is easily the best model but I have no interest.

U-Wing is the coolest design of all of them. Finally an epic Rebel Dropship!

That Imperial shuttle is ugly as all heck. Not a fan of the all Black.

Minifigures are pretty great but the rebels are all kinda generic still. I'm a little annoyed the alien I like is in the shuttle and not the U-Wing, oh well a new mold is always welcome!

We have to get battle packs though, those Imperial designs and molds are too good to waste on just this wave. I have a sinking feeling the BP's for the Imperials will be one of each of the new designs. 1X Death trooper 1X Shore Trooper 1X Tank Trooper, 1 X Death Star Trooper

Edited by Forresto

Not bad, the ships are actually quite impressive! I've never said that about a star wars wave. The General in white is my favorite as well as jyn erso.

Both happy and not happy that that version of Jyn is all we get. Cool poncho and helmet, but no.. other outfit.

Too bad Krennic doesn't sport a new cape, would have loved to see that :sceptic: Apart from that (and the lack of both Mads Mikkelsen's and Forest Whitaker's yet unnamed characters), I'm really pleased with the minifigs :sweet: The vehicles look great as well, even though I was kind of expecting the shuttle/landing craft from the trailer rather than this black Lambda-like shuttle :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

The sets do look good. The AT-ST does look good but different. Tie striker looks good. The tank is ok. The u wing is big. And that black ship is neat.

I think i'm in love ❤️ All these sets are incredible - its like ive gone back in time to the original Star Wars sets and get to re live them again. Time to start saving!