cullmancreations

2016 LEGO Pirate Set Wishlists

Solders fort is like an arbour. :) Jail without the wall. Like in The Matrix. :)

And the technic connectors palms spoil impressions. :( Solider outpost is OK but not brilliant.

:)

imho all lego sets are abstract versions of something - lets face it lego is primarily designed for children. As for me I buy sets either for the minifigs or the parts -

There is only a couple of sets like the modulars that seem complete and adult oriented.

Just btw, I am thinking about that arjitzu temple - even though I sort of dislike ninjago, ithink this set is kinda cool, nice build! and the minifigures could pass for regular ninjas :)

I'm still hoping we get a Bluecoat ship like the 2009 one, but if that doesn't happen I will build my own and bricklink the 10210 sails. I bought a second Brick Bounty for this very reason, that, and to expand the one I have. I like the pirates theme but mostly I'm just in it for the ships and figs, the other sets do not interest me. I also ordered several pirate and imperial soldier parts from B&P to get my numbers up.

I wa hoping with the rumoured Castle 2016 line, we might see a return to the Pirates in 2017.

What I feel would be good is if they brought in the Red-Coats/Armada and Islanders into the next big theme.

I always feel that the Pirate theme up until 2009 was a continuation of a story. Redbeard replaced by Brickbeard, the Blues replaced by the Reds and the introduction of the Armada.

But i saw this latest wave as a revamp, taking us back to the beginning. I'd quite like to see this rehash taking us onwards now. To modernise, NOT REPLACE, but modernise the other older factions

I think the truth is that we will get a new line in 5-10 years with redcoats again. And with the same sets: A pirate base, a raft, a Soldiers base, a pirate ship maybe again splitted in several sets. If we are serious we never get other sets like these since 1996/97.

And if kids interest in Lego Pirates decrease in the same speed, we will maybe see the last pirates wave ever in 15 - 20 years. That would not take place because of kids do not interest in pirates, it is because Lego has no interest to push that theme. They want to push the crazy stuff they made (Ninjago/Chima/Nexo Knights) + stupid Star Wars crap. The money made with pirates will be made by Playmobil. I hope I am wrong and that we will get a D2C set soon.

I think the truth is that we will get a new line in 5-10 years with redcoats again. And with the same sets: A pirate base, a raft, a Soldiers base, a pirate ship maybe again splitted in several sets. If we are serious we never get other sets like these since 1996/97.

And if kids interest in Lego Pirates decrease in the same speed, we will maybe see the last pirates wave ever in 15 - 20 years. That would not take place because of kids do not interest in pirates, it is because Lego has no interest to push that theme. They want to push the crazy stuff they made (Ninjago/Chima/Nexo Knights) + stupid Star Wars crap. The money made with pirates will be made by Playmobil. I hope I am wrong and that we will get a D2C set soon.

I agree with what you said. Its so sad to see how lego has over half its themes licences.I think they saw success with star wars and went overboard making every popular movie into lego sets. It seems like pirates and other themes just are'nt popular, however lego doesn't do any justice by promoting them as well...

I think we could get a D2C set for Pirates but then it is done for until the next cycle.

LEGO needs media tie-ins to drive most of their sales. They supported their original IP with Ninjago and Chima shows as well as the upcoming Nexo Knights. Even the movie tie-ins are hit and miss. For every successful them like Jurassic World, they seem to have clearance fodder like Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, or Prince of Persia.

I would expect the PotC line to return with the next movie. The Shareholders report said that it exceeded expectations that last time.

I wa hoping with the rumoured Castle 2016 line, we might see a return to the Pirates in 2017.

What I feel would be good is if they brought in the Red-Coats/Armada and Islanders into the next big theme.

I agree with you. It is possible we won't see Pirates next year. But there is still hope !

I would like to see a return of some old themes The Lego Group made before, especially the islanders (I love the 90's islander sets), but I think it's not very sure they will.

This is a sci-fi Castle action theme, don't think we're gonna see sci-fi pirates anytime soon. Maybe Ninjago.

I wish and long for more pirates sets.... but I think what is out now is all that will be for a while. I dont see them making any new sets for the upcoming year, I feel there gonna focus on the new castle them. Which apparently isnt a true castle theme.

I miss classic Lego soo much, I was gonna buy the original imperial flagship and the caribbean clipper from brick link, but the prices are too high and quality is questionable. I am seriously considering buying another bounty to make a bluecoats ship. I have the SES as my main pirates vessel and I turned my BSB into a red coats ship.

Since there have not been any confirmed news or rumors for upcoming Pirate sets in 2016, and much of the discussion is about the hopes and wishes for the Pirate Theme, I have attempted to more appropriately rename this topic.

I think Lego should break away from its current crutch of Licensed Themes and develop more of their own supporting media to go with certain themes. TLG has done a great job of this with Lego Friends. My daughter, wife, and I love the theme and the shows are really well done. I think something similar could be done for Pirates. There's not much for a Pirate kids show, and TLG could grow in that area. I would love the kid show and theme to be educational, where kids learn the history of sail and learn how everything was done during the age of sail.

I wish and long for more pirates sets.... but I think what is out now is all that will be for a while. I dont see them making any new sets for the upcoming year, I feel there gonna focus on the new castle them. Which apparently isnt a true castle theme.

I miss classic Lego soo much, I was gonna buy the original imperial flagship and the caribbean clipper from brick link, but the prices are too high and quality is questionable. I am seriously considering buying another bounty to make a bluecoats ship. I have the SES as my main pirates vessel and I turned my BSB into a red coats ship.

I am still undecided about buying the bounty at all - shes not what I would like her to be - as of now the price has dropped a little - but still I am undecided

there probably wont be any other pirate ships any time soon, though.

I am still undecided about buying the bounty at all - shes not what I would like her to be - as of now the price has dropped a little - but still I am undecided

there probably wont be any other pirate ships any time soon, though.

I think you should buy it, the pleasant of opening a huge box with lots of shining new pieces and slowly build up, overwhelms any sense of spending regrets - At least is does so for me. And it's always nice to have a new ship to add to your collection, or MOC, I can't describe the words of it - It's just a very pleasant healing process for me. pirate_tong.gif

So this is now a wish list post? Awesome, in 2016, I wish for:

a big soldiers' fort something double the size of the current sets;

a smaller ship for the bluecoats, in ship in white please;

and a smaller pirate ship, for the Governor's daughter (well it said she wanted one in her bio! Plus she can have an outfit change);

then I would like some small minifigures sets of soldiers,

A return of the islanders with a medium island set and a few little ones...

And I am wishing really hard for all of this pirate_satisfied.gif

plus outside of pirates I would like to see a redcoat/bluecoat minifigure in the CMF series with black boots and white breeches and just generally being kinda cool etc

And maybe captain hook with some disney pirate stuff...

Well, there are some new about new licensed theme next next (and it's not superheroes themed). Could it be PoTC? What's with next movie? Top set is supposed to be in 300-350€ range.

Of course this is pure speculation. But it would be so god if we would get one big ship, or maybe Tortuga.

Well, there are some new about new licensed theme next next (and it's not superheroes themed). Could it be PoTC? What's with next movie? Top set is supposed to be in 300-350€ range.

Of course this is pure speculation. But it would be so god if we would get one big ship, or maybe Tortuga.

Next potc movie is set for 2017.Is this exclusive set or regular flagship?Price is very high...

More ships. One small ( Renegade Runner equivalent) one medium and large aka BSB . Also ship for blue coats. Wishfull thinking...

Oh man, why is Lego destroying their classic themes again and replaces them with crap? Wonder when they will turn city into some weird action oriented nonsense. I'm almost as dissapointed as I was around 2000 when I thought Lego was out of their minds for good ...

Oh man, why is Lego destroying their classic themes again and replaces them with crap? Wonder when they will turn city into some weird action oriented nonsense. I'm almost as dissapointed as I was around 2000 when I thought Lego was out of their minds for good ...

My best guess is that the Classic Pirates sets just aren't selling well enough when compared to other themes like Ninjago.

My best guess is that the Classic Pirates sets just aren't selling well enough when compared to other themes like Ninjago.

Definitely not

I think if a lego theme is accompanied by a tv show it sells better as it becomes more recognizable for kids who watch the shows - they know who the characters are and have something to relate to in general. Same goes for star wars and its success - star wars has been successful all the time - so lego star wars made a huge impact. classic castle, pirates and western would have probably been more successful during those times when hollywood made lots of movies about them - see pots and lotr - lone ranger (which as a foolish movie that I stopped watching halfway through) was not successful at all - the sets were likewise less successful.

So, why not make a half way decent show about Pirates or knights then? Seroiusly, I don't let my kids watch Ninjago, it's too scary for them sometimes.

I think you should buy it, the pleasant of opening a huge box with lots of shining new pieces and slowly build up, overwhelms any sense of spending regrets - At least is does so for me. And it's always nice to have a new ship to add to your collection, or MOC, I can't describe the words of it - It's just a very pleasant healing process for me. :pir-tongue:

Couldnt agree more! at least with the last part!

I might actually buy it sooner rather than later cause there doesnt seem to be anything of interest coming out soon

as far as the ship is concerned that would be my first ship actually -

the things that hold me back are the ship in general (its not that great IMHO especially sailswise) and in effect I might need to buy it twice in order to create something special but I am not so talented with MOCs in general yet so I fear this would be wasted money. Bought myself the arjitzu temple recently so I cannot really justify spending too much money on bigger sets - especially that I am toying with the idea of buying the temple a second time in order to build a closed temple.

So, why not make a half way decent show about Pirates or knights then? Seroiusly, I don't let my kids watch Ninjago, it's too scary for them sometimes.

yeah, why not! :)

Edited by CaptainToad

Forget it, it turned out to be Ghostbusters HQ set.

Unfortunately that almost 100% sur means no pirates next year.

As some of you said above, nowadays Pirates don't sell well enough to maintain the line of products.

I must confess that reading these kind of threads is funny for me, and it's always the same: lots of users wihing and asking for 80s-style pirate sets that LEGO won't release at all. Some of you forget that LEGO does'nt plan the new sets thinking on the adult fans, but the young ones. The time of the fortresses and big bases is gone.

A very smart user said that we must keep in our minds that Lego is a company with limited resources, so they have to choose wich projects and themes will have the money, the designers, etc and wich ones not. From some years ago, it's quite obvious that Lego keep its money and best designers for Star Wars, for exemple. It's evident that SW sell very well and give lots of benefits to the company, so that's why we can find huge sets, lots of pieces and minifigs in this theme.

In fact, the release on the SW theme was probably one of the main causes that lead Pirates to be withdrawn from the market in 1998.

Edited by Captain Fortune

I must confess that reading these kind of threads is funny for me, and it's always the same: lots of users wihing and asking for 80s-style pirate sets that LEGO won't release at all. Some of you forget that LEGO does'nt plan the new sets thinking on the adult fans, but the young ones. The time of the fortresses and big bases is gone.

Personally I would be absolutely fine if lego released some 90s-style pirate sets.

I really glad you find the threads funny, because given that they are always the same, if you didn't it would be a big waste of your time :-p