Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Porsche and Claas sets are amazing and insta buy. The BWE is interesting but kinda like unfinished MOC. The parts count compared to the price is amazing so most likely I ll buy it too some time later. Many new parts , new tires , new panels and God knows how much more inside the machines. Pretty awesome year for Lego Technic. My wallets is crying. Most likely I should choose between new monitor and Videocard or that 3 sets... New tractor tires and rims are amazing and I am still curious about the size. They look like unimog tires size but with different grip. Porsche rims are pretty awesome sport car rims.. and the whole car is perfect. Someone said that no 1 can beat Crowkillers Porsche... Dude you were so wrong. That thing is levels above.

I have vivid memories as a kid of the 8865 set and thinking how awesome it and technic was for being able to build such an awesome model.

Later the 8880 came out and blew me away.

Too young to finance it myself and unable to convince my parents of my need I got the technic go kart 8842 and loved every second of it.

Later I got the 8868, another awesome set.

Still, I have always wished for another super car technic set that makes me feel the same way that the 8880 set did when I first saw it, this 911 is shaping up to be that set for me.

I'm so excited to find out what tricks it has up its sleeve.

should there be an rc set this year? i read something about that. if yes, the BWE is not rc(look at the box) the claas neither so the porsche should be rc. maybe new stuff?

This wayve is shaping nicely...

The Xerion looks a bit bocky in the front, but cool anyways!

The BuWeExtremely ugly looks, well, ugly. Yes, it has many pieces, but still too ugly.

The Porsche 911 GT3 is oviously the star of the show! I see some intersting things on it...

But, as allways, the coverage of the smaller one (Volvo) is limited. Why do they never focus on the small ones?!?

IMO:

Class is great - will wait for functions. I hope there is more than just steering and crane. If there are some "tricks" with cabin, I will get it.

Volvo - I did not see much. But pneumatics and manual works for me.

Porsche - it is just Porsche. Yes, it is big, I am sure it will be realistic (it is not always compliment to me), but it is just a car. combined with the price, no.

BWE - I am amazed with it. I will get it.

IMO, Volvo is a joke. A big joke. It's supposed to have a excavator bucket, not 2 clamshells... The clamshells don't rotate also... *big sigh of disappointment*

About the BWE, it's funny that Markus went all the way to make various motorized functions, but moving the boom is manual...

It's even more absurd that the BWE uses the standard excavator bucket, but Volvo doesn't.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

The Volvo looks like this:

IMG_8336.jpg

It's the version with extensible operator's cab, not just the simple earth moving machine, i.e. the C version for material handling.

I hope for some good shots asap.

Edited by quaternion

Volvo is a material handler version, so it is ok with that arm configuration.

In this picture we can see, the cabin has lifting function - on the very left, top box edge:

12552797_987613781296325_3136243570672787256_n.jpg?oh=bd93b1ace1817da324af31c93c942179&oe=5740AF1C

About the BWE, it's funny that Markus went all the way to make various motorized functions, but moving the boom is manual...

Because Markus knows that if he didn't make that manual he'd have kids (and adults) who drive their spinning bucketwheel into the ground if that thing would be linked to a PF motor, causing all kind of problems for the user and the Lego.

Why has the VOLVO those orange parts??? :O

Edited by KLF

These models have their good and bad. The BWE definetely looks unfinished, the Claas looks great, I'm not a fan of the ip car and no opinion on Volvo yet

IRL, you can actually put different kinds of attachemnt in almost any excavator

I have a feeling this will b the biggest mod for this model. After I convert it to LAs ;)

Because Markus knows that if he didn't make that manual he'd have kids (and adults) who drive their spinning bucketwheel into the ground if that thing would be linked to a PF motor, causing all kind of problems for the user and the Lego.

Thats some really valid points from a designer's point of view. You pretty much nailed it :wink:

Why has the VOLVO those orange parts??? :O

Im more worried about a little too much black and not enough yellow, but it looks good ;)

Cart:

1x 42053

1x 42054

1x 42055

Checkout!

Come on TLG you really made a great job with these sets. I think all of us must find his joy in at least one of these sets. LEGO Technic is never itself as much as its today.

The Volvo is elegant

The Xerion wheels oh wow!!

The BWE is the "Theory of Everything" of Technic. I can't believe my eyes, come on!!!!!

Congrats guys :sweet:

I can barely make it out, but at 1:45 in the Claas

is the tire size 107 x 44?

Did the presenter say sewage pump as a B model?

Wow, this is all just very impressive.

This will be the first year I will buy EVERY 2H 2016 Technic set, they are all gorgous - one is better than the other.

The different steering mechanisms for the Claas, brilliant, simply brilliant TLG!

All sets seem to be technically very challenging builds - also could it be that the Porsche will be as is now, so with the camouflage style? I wouldn't be surprised if that's the final look but hopefully ALL the parts will be printed!