Note: this was bound to happen eventually...

Planet: F04-Illustria

Tags: science, air/space vehicle, exploration

//"Log date 387, this is Dr. Danielle Long, reporting from the Axle, in temporary orbit in sector F04, the planet designated Illustria. I received word early this morning that Corporate wants the Axle researching the reports of Alien activity in the core of the galaxy... they have postponed my endeavors to idiot-proofing our final prototype of the Chekhov's gauntlet in order to better prepare ourselves for whatever we discover therein. Comrade Commander was pleased to begin working on remote monitoring of the inner ring worlds, and now we will begin gathering data from our drones. I have requested that Bob of Quatrian oversee the piloting of an Sc214 Arial Observation Drone. I will attend his research gathering and direct him to ensure we observe the most valuable prospects. Dr. Long signing off."//

19757691250_e4b15c6563.jpg

Bob of Quatrian: "Hey, Danielle. Heard about your pet project getting tabled. That's rough."

Dr. Long: "how did you know about--"

Bob: "I used to be CEO for a bit. Hated the desk, but I've still got connections. :wink: So... you said you wanted me to pilot something for you? It's not another land vehicle is it?"

Dr. Long: "No. It's a drone."

Bob: "Aww. :sad: So that's why you set me up at a holo-desk."

Dr. Long: "That is correct."

Bob: "hah! Well, it's better than nothing! So, what'm I doing today?"

19759046189_5b984f0ee8.jpg

Dr. Long: "we are going to be performing arial observation on an as-of-yet unexplored planet! Illustria waits beneath us."

Bob: "Alright! So we're going to be the first? We're do we start?"

Dr. Long: "hmm. I'm pleased that you're so enthusiastic. Well, we can start whenever you're ready. The drone is prepped to deploy once you sign in to your Holo-desk."

Bob: "As you yourself used to say, ,Let us explore all these worlds we've gained access to, and better understand our universe and our place therein.'"

Dr. Long: "Oh. You still remember that?.... anyways... let's get started."

Bob: "Alright!"

_______A little bit Later_______

%20<a%20%20data-cke-saved-href=

Bob: "well the controls are pretty intuitive on this thing. Not bad maneuvering. I'd give it an A-."

Dr. Long:"I was asking what you thought of the planet... Rocky cliffs... they seem weather-whipped. Not much foliage here. That's unfortunate. I do enjoy analyzing xeno-flora samples."

Bob: "ha! I'm sure we'll find something!"

Dr. Long: "yes. I'm sure we will. This is just a preliminary inspection anyways. Full planetary examination will follow. There, go over to that cliff... I think I saw something blue."

19759061999_ede0ef848c.jpg

Bob: "Ok, let's check it out!.. oh! Wait! What the blazes was that?!"

19323267714_f42e7980d7.jpg

Dr. Long: "Wow! It's going fast! Follow it! It looks... biomechanical.... Fascinating."

19938301942_2df22cf95d.jpg

Bob: "Alright... wow! It looks like it's trying to shake me!"

19757903868_208c7f2b09.jpg

19919713536_4dfcb6e73b.jpg

Dr. Long: "Are you saying an Ace pilot like yourself can't catch it?"

Bob: "Ha! You're on!"

-----------Meanwhile, on the cliff where Dr. Long saw something Blue.-------

19757946670_915035a210.jpg

Translated from a language of clicks, whistles, whirrs, and chirps...

Zotaxian: "That was close... Good idea sending out a bug to distract it. What was that white thing? It didn't look like a native Alien of this planet..."

Danny Longlegs: "a Human bot. I've seen their kind before. It belongs to one of the three human hives that arrived here not too long ago... considering the colour, I'd say it belongs to the hive that refers to herself as 'Saturated 8 carbon chain.'"

Zotaxian: "what is her purpose? Does She seek to destroy the Halcyons?"

Danny Longlegs: "We are the sentinels. We can never be too sure. Best to avoid contact with Her until we can better assess her intent."

19757967400_1a58c53d30.jpg

Yup. Here are the Zotaxians. A race of ancient planetary Nomads, protecting the hidden vestiges of their ancient civilization... and the secrets they hold. :devil: I'll provide more details on the species when I get some time. :grin:

Also, yes, Dr. Long is kinda having fun. She needs a little de-stress here and there with an old friend. :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I like the biomechanical thing, especially the use of the scorpion! Reminds me a lot of a Rhino-beetle. I like the mixing of the blue with the gray, really makes it stand out!

Also, yes, Dr. Long is kinda having fun. She needs a little de-stress here and there with an old friend. :tongue:

She seems to be having more fun than usual this week...

Very nice build! I especially like the biomechanical insect. :classic:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Love the biomechanical insect and hive! Great rockwork and story as well! I can't wait to see what happens next. :sweet:

Lovely! Can we have more insectoids please?

Really like the hexagonal shape and the blue and green colors used! Very nice insect too! :thumbup:

Yay, Insectoids! :sweet: Great build and story - I love that you managed to sneak in a scorpion :grin:

What a great little insect! I want to step on it :laugh:

Thanks!... although, I'd rather you didn't step on it... those battled rod arms are known to break... and so are the connection points on those wings (:cry_sad:)

I like the biomechanical thing, especially the use of the scorpion! Reminds me a lot of a Rhino-beetle. I like the mixing of the blue with the gray, really makes it stand out!

Yes! I want to call it the Rhino-beetle-fly! :laugh:

Thanks! I live the Insectoid ' s colour scheme. So cold and electronic. Dark grey, blue, and trans-green and neon-green. :wub:

She seems to be having more fun than usual this week...

Very nice build! I especially like the biomechanical insect. :classic:

I saw that just after I posted this! Maybe her surfing got her in a good mood! :laugh:

Thanks!

Love the biomechanical insect and hive! Great rockwork and story as well! I can't wait to see what happens next. :sweet:

Thanks! I was surprised at how well the rockwork turned out for its simplicity. As a direct result of AG, I now have a box I call my "grey and blew slopes and rockwork" box. :laugh:

And you'll see that hive-y hexagon geometrical motif again!

This was great, I really liked the bug, were are the wings from? Excellent rock work.

Thanks! Allow me to introduce you to the Insectoids theme...

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Insectoids

So under-loved... :cry_sad:

Lovely! Can we have more insectoids please?

Your wish is my command. "Danny Longlegs" and his fellow Zotaxians will appear in any alien builds I make, as well as some story freebuilds, and one of my competition buulds!

Love the insect!

Thanks!

Really like the hexagonal shape and the blue and green colors used! Very nice insect too! :thumbup:

Thanks! Hexagons are quite cool! As is the colour scheme! Both will be seen again in future builds.

Yay, Insectoids! :sweet: Great build and story - I love that you managed to sneak in a scorpion :grin:

Thanks! No sneaking involved! That was one of the first things I put in it! :laugh:

Excellent work! The insect is superb and I really like the rockwork too :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I think my favorite parts are the rockface with the tunnel and the micro ship. The insect is also really well done. Nice to see an old theme resurrected!

That drone is awesome! I like the Rhino-beetle-fly :grin:

The hexagon in the rocks looks pretty cool!

Oh, and I'm definitely interested in these Zotaxians.

I think my favorite parts are the rockface with the tunnel and the micro ship. The insect is also really well done. Nice to see an old theme resurrected!

There's so much neo-blacktron and neo-classic (and even a lot of neo-spyrius), but I've only seen a handful of neo-insectoids MoCs! Now that I'm finally making MoCs on a regular basis, you can bet I'm gunna try to change that! :grin:

Thanks! The tunnel out of the rockface turned out just like I invissioned! That was what I started with!

That drone is awesome! I like the Rhino-beetle-fly :grin:

The hexagon in the rocks looks pretty cool!

Oh, and I'm definitely interested in these Zotaxians.

Thanks! If you'd like to feature them in your own MoCs, they, like Dr. Long, are free access! Just send me a PM and I can tell you more about my plans for them and their histoey/culture! Or you can do your own thing with them! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Great Alien structures! Wonder why Dr.Long feels tamed in this episode!

THAT BEETLE!

Great story!

But...but...THAT BEETLE!!!

Lovely rockwork by the way.

THAT BEETLE!!!!!!

Love that tunnel entrance!

Thanks! :classic:

Great Alien structures! Wonder why Dr.Long feels tamed in this episode!

It's hard being an 455hole all the time. Every now and then she lets her guard down. :laugh: Thanks! :grin:

Love the micro fighter! :wub: That rockwork with the hive is fantastic too.

Thanks! :grin:

THAT BEETLE!

Great story!

But...but...THAT BEETLE!!!

Lovely rockwork by the way.

THAT BEETLE!!!!!!

Hah! It seems the beetle was a huge hit! They (I) don't call me (myself) Insectoid Aristocrat for nothing! :smug::tongue:

Thanks!

Cool bug, and I like that tube sticking out of the rocks.

Thanks!

The judges awarded you 4 points.

yay! Thank you's! :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat