Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Is this the complete line up? Can't be, right? It's all vehicles and starter sets. Don't they usually have at least a couple of smaller buildings and one big-ish building?

Is this the complete line up? Can't be, right? It's all vehicles and starter sets. Don't they usually have at least a couple of smaller buildings and one big-ish building?

It's the lineup for the first half. Normally the second half now is when CITY actually gets moving (The Arctic and Divers rereleases, 60026 and 60097, etc.) Edited by ilikeboomerang1

Of course Lego would release another Ambulance plane right after I finished bricklinking 2064! At least it wasn't very expensive and I do like the model. With regards to the police, I'm hoping that they have a new livery. I haven't really been a fan of the Elite Police or the 2014 police liveries. I think it's about time they go back to black and white instead of blue and white though.

Edited by Yeow

Thank you very much for these links, CM4Sci! :classic:

60106 Fire Starter Set

Supposably very similar to 60088, but surely a good opportunity for getting more firefighters.

60116 Rescue Aircraft

Nooo! For 20 Euros it will be too small and there for sure will be only place for the pilot and the stretcher!

60109 Fire Boat

For 70 Euros it should be quite decent - maybe similar to 7207. Do you think that TLG uses the new ship mold from 60095 for it?

60115 4 Wheel Drive SUV

More civilian vehicles are always welcome! I'm excited which equipment will come with it.

60127 Prison Island Starter Set

I bet for two prisoners, two police officers and a police atv.

60118 Garbage Truck

A new garbage truck is a good idea and I did alreay predict it.

60111 Firefighting Vehicle

For 35 Euros I bet that it'll be something similar to 60003 - a burning hut and a firefighter vehicle. And I hope that this one won't be another ladder truck (although I fear that it'll be)!

60114 Speedboat

Supposably similar to 4641, but because of the price with a much better design.

60117 Vans and Caravans

I wonder how both contents can only be 20 Euros together. There's a fear that both will be built very <insert that tiresome argument> (the van without doors and the caravan with nearly no interior). But let's see.

60113 Rally Car

I wouldn't have needed one, but it might be a neat addition to the one from 2014 (60053).

60129 Police Patrol Boat

With 40 Euros it should be decent - hopefully with a fitting interior, too.

60107 Fire Engine with Movable Ladder

No, not another seperate-sold ladder truck!

60119 Ferry

It's really a pity that this one is only 30 Euros because this means that 1. it will be only very small and that 2. it won't be a car ferry but only a ferry for passengers. So I could well imagine more some sort of tourist boat, open, an open bridge, a captain and not more than two passengers.

60108 Fire Extinguishing Unit

I'm very excited about this set - maybe a regular fire truck with a lot of equipment? That would be since long overdue and be great, too!

60128 Police Chase

Maybe a smaller police boat and a prisoner's boat? (Since the prison is located on an island, I expect only boats and maybe helis in this subtheme and no cars.) That doesn't sound that promising.

The Prison Island isn't still listed on amazon.

Plus there are still two sets remainig: 60110 and 60112. Do you, too, think that these will be Exclusives (minimum one of them Fire related)?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Massive disappointment with the ferry, I was hoping for a car ferry or a train ferry, in the £79.99 price range, instead we are getting a Rubber Dingy

Thank you very much for these links, CM4Sci! :classic:

60106 Fire Starter Set

Supposably very similar to 60088, but surely a good opportunity for getting more firefighters.

60116 Rescue Aircraft

Nooo! For 20 Euros it will be too small and there for sure will be only place for the pilot and the stretcher!

60109 Fire Boat

For 70 Euros it should be quite decent - maybe similar to 7207. Do you think that TLG uses the new ship mold from 60095 for it?

60115 4 Wheel Drive SUV

More civilian vehicles are always welcome! I'm excited which equipment will come with it.

I bet for two prisoners, two police officers and a police atv.

60118 Garbage Truck

A new garbage truck is a good idea and I did alreay predict it.

60111 Firefighting Vehicle

For 35 Euros I bet that it'll be something similar to 60003 - a burning hut and a firefighter vehicle. And I hope that this one won't be another ladder truck (although I fear that it'll be)!

60114 Speedboat

Supposably similar to 4641, but because of the price with a much better design.

60117 Vans and Caravans

I wonder how both contents can only be 20 Euros together. There's a fear that both will be built very <insert that tiresome argument> (the van without doors and the caravan with nearly no interior). But let's see.

60113 Rally Car

I wouldn't have needed one, but it might be a neat addition to the one from 2014 (60053).

60129 Police Patrol Boat

With 40 Euros it should be decent - hopefully with a fitting interior, too.

60107 Fire Engine with Movable Ladder

No, not another seperate-sold ladder truck!

60119 Ferry

It's really a pity that this one is only 30 Euros because this means that 1. it will be only very small and that 2. it won't be a car ferry but only a ferry for passengers. So I could well imagine more some sort of tourist boat, open, an open bridge, a captain and not more than two passengers.

60108 Fire Extinguishing Unit

I'm very excited about this set - maybe a regular fire truck with a lot of equipment? That would be since long overdue and be great, too!

60128 Police Chase

Maybe a smaller police boat and a prisoner's boat? (Since the prison is located on an island, I expect only boats and maybe helis in this subtheme and no cars.) That doesn't sound that promising.

The Prison Island isn't still listed on amazon.

Plus there are still two sets remainig: 60110 and 60112. Do you, too, think that these will be Exclusives (minimum one of them Fire related)?

Klaus-Dieter

Hopefully some of the prices that were listed were inaccurate. Im sure this has happened in the past with early news releases that prices turned out different.

60109 Fire Boat - at the 70 euro price this is going to be some boat compared to 7207. They may use the Hull from 60095 to get their monies worth out of the mold.

60111 Firefighting vehicle - I think you could be right going by the price quoted and I hope too that its not a ladder truck but more of a pumper. The last wave of firefighting had too many ladder trucks, ie 3, in my opinion.

60119 Ferry - I hope this is the wrong price quoted, otherwise its going to be small for 30 euros. When I first heard about a ferry, I thought of something similar to the Friends Dolphin Cruiser 41015 or something using the hull from boats 7207 or 7906.

60108 Fire extinguishing Unit - Is this going to be new station or an individual engine?

The ferry could be one of those small ones that just transport a car or two accross a lake or river...

http://shipsandharbo...ws.com/1369.jpg

http://www.sunderlan...r-van-thing.jpg

Edit- just realise that's already been said! Oops :grin:

Now a ferry sounds like the best of the bunch and my guess is it will be a car ferry. :wink:

Edited by Mutant Orc

I'm very curious about that ambulance plane. I'm wondering what that would be? I only saw one classic plane and it appears to be never released. i don't even think those things even exist. maybe in some extreme places but here in Holland, nope.

DUTCH AIR AMBULANCE

They are actually quite common, though not as much as the Helicopter Medevacs

ADVANCED AIR AMBULANCE

ANGEL MED FLIGHT

New info! Both final names and new sets!

60105 Fire ATV

60106 Fire Starter Set

60107 Fire Ladder Truck

60108 Fire Response Unit

60109 Fire Boat

60110 Fire Station

60111 Fire Utility Truck

60112 Fire Engine

60113 Rally Car

60114 Race Boat

60115 4x4 Off Roader

60116 Ambulance Plane

60117 Van Caravan

60118 Garbage Truck

60119 Ferry

60126 Tire Escape

60128 Police Pursuit

60129 Police Patrol Boat

60130 Prison Island (two?)

60131 Crooks Island

I remember watching a Bricks4Chris (then Lego4Chris) video, back when he had his lighthouse and beach, and thought that if I had my own city I'd replace the lighthouse with a prison island maybe with a junkyard near there… and lo and behold, Lego unveils their prison island.

Maybe I should be part of Lego's PR Department. :laugh:

All jokes aside, I'm excited to see the prison and ferry, other than that the Great Vehicles look like rehashes. (Wanna see theta garbage truck though)

As for the fire crew, I liked Lego's last wave from a year or two ago and then from the fire starter set again, realistic and well detailed. Hard to top it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lego just has no imagination when it comes to city sets.

I totally agree with you, no wonder I MOC more set collect these days.

Though I have an old school passion for fire trucks at least, images are needed real bed to see what is worthwhile or not.

60126 Tire Escape

Mother of God.

fZO9s.gif

THE TIRES ARE ALIVE!!! THEY'RE COMING FOR US!!! IT'S THE RAPTURE AND WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!

But I, for one, welcome our new tire overlords.

Edited by XAxles

Thank you very much for this information, CM4Sci! :classic:

So there'll be an fire atv plus a fire starter set. Curious because I wonder which vehicle then they want to include in the starter set.

That's a massive list of Fire sets at all! I hope that the most fire trucks will be 6 studs wide and have doors!

60130 Prison Island (two?)

60131 Crooks Island

I assume that the Prison Island will be the flaship set (with 70-100 Euros) with the prison on it. And the Crooks Island will be a smaller set (around 40 Euros) with a hide-out for the crooks.

60117 Van Caravan

Might it be that this set doesn't contain a van and a caravan, but a van which is at the same time a caravan (meaning that it has a table and some kitchen equipment in the back and a place to sleep above)?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Just some commentary --- I still literally see some 4429 Helicopter Rescue sets in some Wal-Marts in where I'm from, at clearance. Wasn't this discontinued like a year ago? lol. Not a mover like Fire/Poilce buildings (at $100+ they sure move in the local stores, I can't blame LEGO for rehashing them every year or so). I have pretty much lost all hope of seeing a full-size, $90-110 hospital being a city set in leagues with the latest and greatest Fire and Police buildings. But maybe Friends can do a take on a Hospital set? :classic: :classic:

Seriously, though, is 60126 really Tire Escape or is it Fire Escape?

It could be 'Hire a sheep' as well... :grin:

Lego just has no imagination when it comes to city sets.

I agree with this too. There's a strange correlation at work here. As the SET designs for City have grown more sophisticated, detailed, and realistic, the PRODUCT design has grown increasingly repetitive and uninspired. The same thing is going on over in Pirates, where the '15 sets were (admittedly well-designed) remakes of the previous Pirate wave. It's frustrating.