The fact that here on EB some people find hard to understand that's made out of Lego (me included) exceeds any compliment!! Impressive MOCs!! Great work!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

As everyone else said, unbelievable attention to detail!!!

Best Davekuhh,

Please also post the pictures with your superB display at the Lowlug meeting.

Edit:

I found a picture from Barman with your Volvo and display :thumbup::wub:

16707605598_34fe23a2af_c.jpg

That's a realy nice picture from my Volvo EW205D on display. This was on Modelshow Europe 2015. With a lote of other dutch LEGO builders, it was a beautiful show

Wow. I was wondering where you got the custom pneumatic cylinder...

Until you said it was static, I didn't realize it (the pneumatic cylinder) was brickbuilt / non-functional.

Crazy detail.

...and HUGE!

Edited by rollermonkey

That was incredilbe. First time i saw the picture that someone posted at facebook, i was convinced that i saw ether a picture of a real one or a toy model.. Not Lego. But since the caption was a Lego Excevator, i had to zoom in to actually see that it was made out of bricks.

Again a model out of the ordinary. :classic::thumbup:

As a Volvo employee it makes me proud to see model. Fantastic work! :classic: And what an attention to detail.

I like that you used Dark Bluish Grey for the color. But it is a tricky choice as I'm sure you've been thinking about too - the dark grey that Volvo use is pretty much right in between Black and the LEGO Dbley.

Is the logo on the boom brick built?

BTW: Volvo Ocean Race is stopping by The Hague on/around June 20th. I'm not sure they have any Construction Equipment stuff on display, but it could be worth checking out anyway. There's a dutch team in the race this year (Team Brunel).

Incredible detailing, I was unsure if this was even LEGO at first! I don't get dragged out of the historical forum too often, but when I saw this my jaw dropped. A masterpiece of technical and aesthetic talent. Congrats on this exquisite creation!

Allow me to add another WOW!!

This technique...it's a category of its own!! Technic scale with UCS detail? Creator on steroids? Whatever the category, it's a masterpiece of realism, and I envy your skill, sir.

Amazing, I had to zoom in to check if it's really made of LEGO.

Edited by grum64