Hi everyone!

My latest creation is a much more modern concept than what I have previously built. Its inspired by 1950/60's concepts of what architecture might look like in the future.

I had many different ideas of what I wanted to do but the scale was just too big so I've settled with something a little more concise but with varying levels of height and depth. I wanted to have to have lots of outside space hence using the balconies and a stepped design for the building. There is a Cafe/Restaurant on the ground floor, a parking garage underground and several apartments on the upper floors. The interiors are minimalist as I would imagine the future would be. Other features are a greenhouse on the roof for growing food, a high wall to keep out rising river levels and a road where wheels are no longer needed! The hovering bubblecar was a great excuse to use the trans-clear dome I've had for ages. :laugh:

There are so many more ideas I had for what I envisage for the future but couldn't fit them all in so perhaps it'll have to wait until another MOC!

Anyway on with the pictures, apologies for the quality, I found the white very difficult to work with this time upon editing!

16176627059_cac5c100d4_z.jpg

16175216438_6145329cc7_z.jpg

16176589989_48fe69456e_z.jpg

16175173648_508056a4c9_z.jpg

16362772185_9112849da1_z.jpg

15742793153_6316c22117_z.jpg

The remaining few can be found on the my flickr stream here https://www.flickr.c...th/16176627059/

Any comments or criticisms welcome!

That is brilliant!! Easily one of my favourite MOCs for some time. I love the whole multi -level design and the attention to detail. I especially like the underground road/parking. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Excellent work.

Just the other day I was wondering what you were working on! Wow! I would never have guessed that you were working on this.

At first glance it's so different from your usual style, but then I see the attention to detail, the fantastic creations in the interiors, and the open back.

Bravo! Snaillad it is excellent.

It's lovely, just like everything else you've built :) I like that it's different than your other builds, and it's very, very stylish. Also, the style is consistent throughout the whole MOC. Well done!

Now, on to Flickr for a closer look :)

Fantastic build! :sweet:

I love the futuristic/functional/minimalist style you have done here. Everything is so happy and peaceful.

It looks lovely and realistic. In a way, it reminds me of hotels in some resorts. The terraces are a nice way to add some details and show everyday life. All in all, it's a unique presentation of the future.

This is great. Reminds me of some coast buildings of my country. Very Mediterranean. Congratulations.

Edited by Gongoro73

Awesome! My favourite parts are the wall against the ocean, the rooftop terrace and the bubble car. As I said on flick, I bags the penthouse!

I'm still waiting for my flying car... They were promised in the 50's. You did a wonderful job with the Mid Century Modern inspired build. The textures of the terraces, pavement, the windows. Mid Century Modern is one of my favorite styles.

Andy D

It's very different from your usual style, snaillad. First I was amazed that you had built something very modern, but then I saw the funny bubble car, and then I realized it was a 1950s' vision of the future. The car reminds me of the cartoon "The Jetsons" :laugh:

Very interesting build, and as usual with your detailed interior :thumbup:

Thanks for all the great comments! I read and appreciate them all. I hope I can find even more material from this era to build other MOC's inspired from 50 odd years ago. I really had to restrain some of my ideas. What I need is for TLG to keep making more large curved trans-clear pieces! :laugh: As for the bubblecar it wasn't exactly the car I had in mind when I set out to build this MOC but I think it turned out ok even if it would fall to pieces quite easily! :grin:

Great detailed building. I have some interest for XXst century futuristic architecture.

Intresting design for that little yellow car. :sweet: