Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

It's strange that some are clearly costumes (e.g. Skeleton Costume Guy), others clearly real monsters (e.g. Spectre) and others indeterminate (e.g. Witch).

I dont personally think it's strange, i think it makes sense, based on what some people have said, that it is based on halloween, but not specifically called that due to enabling it to be sold after halloween ends... Halloween is associated with people dressing up as monsters and stuff... As well as monsters. In this wave, there are people dressed as monsters, and there are monsters (and ghosts etc).

I do wonder why though, they made that new wolf head when it is sooo similar to the previous. Good point about the chima eye holes as well. I think that is further evidence that it 'more than likely' slots on instead of a head.

I do wonder why though, they made that new wolf head when it is sooo similar to the previous. Good point about the chima eye holes as well. I think that is further evidence that it 'more than likely' slots on instead of a head.

I am 90% sure that this new werewolf head mold does not cover the back of the torso like the MF werewolf's head does, and that's a significant change. It's kind of hard to tell from that angle, so I may be wrong.

- The Plant Monster is my least favorite of the bunch (it looks more like a guy in a plant costume than a guy getting eaten by a plant). What I don't understand is that LEGO is fine with gruesome depictions of plant murder, but won't show anyone getting eaten in the Jurassic World video game (which is about man-eating dinosaurs, for crying out loud).

Well, I think it is a guy in a plant costume rather than a person being swallowed by a plant monster. I mean the vine printing on the torso seems consistent with a Halloween costume rather than a legitimate monster.

Well, I think it is a guy in a plant costume rather than a person being swallowed by a plant monster. I mean the vine printing on the torso seems consistent with a Halloween costume rather than a legitimate monster.

If that's the case, why the plant guy is screaming? Other Costumed characters have happy, or at least neutral face expressions, but this guy is clearly terrified for some reason... Perhaps it's because he's getting eaten?

To my eye it doesn't look any smaller than a Chima head. It might be a moulded head, that's what I originally thought, but it does seem strange making a new mould so similar to the Monster Fighters werewolf head so soon after for no apparent reason. The mask idea does have a certain logic, of course we won't know until it makes it to the shops or images of the head on it's own leak.

I think that the new mold doesn't cover the back, so it allows the figure to use a tail piece.

Disappointing non-traditional series....again. There are a whopping 6 figures that are decent, IMO, and those are all "I suppose I could use that" not "I really want that!!!!"

Werewolf would be great if it hadn't already come out in MF. A different color is useful, and a tail is OK.

Tiger girl and Fly are cool concepts, but they are mostly display figures like the Animal/costume figs, useful only in narrow scope figure specific builds.

Witch would be better if it weren't purple and yet another rehash. I much prefer the S2 witch, with the new hat being the only improvement...but it's in purple.

Spectre is decent for the hair and torso, but limited with the Ninjago base instead of legs. This is really a parts fig.

Gargoyle is the best figure of the series with the horned headpiece and the detailed face, but I HATE the stupid stubby wings that serve no purpose. If he would have had full wings, this would have been far superior. The Gargoyle at least some limited army builder potential.

The zombies add some nice variety to the zombie forces, but that doesn't do me much good. The rest of the figs are not very useful either. A few decent parts,but that's about it.

Every series to this point other than than Simpson's has always had one to three "Wow, that's awesome!" Figs, while this series has a handful of mediocre limited use-figs, and that's about it.

I admit that they've done a decent job on the figs they've chosen, and These are probably just as appealing to the pure collectors here, but as a MOC builder, this series is a huge disappointment.

As some of you said, if the Werewolf head is a hedmould, that would be a huge waste of budget. It's almost a recolored MF Werewolf.

A new hairpiece for Spider Lady or a new hat for Zombie Pirate would have been better.

It's strange that some are clearly costumes (e.g. Skeleton Costume Guy), others clearly real monsters (e.g. Spectre) and others indeterminate (e.g. Witch).

I think they ran out of monsters to fill the 16 spots because, as you say, it doesn't make any sense since this is supposed to be the Monsters series.

The Skeleton Guy and Tiger Woman are costumes for sure. I'm not sure about the Plant Monster, but his name is pretty suggestive.

I don't see the Wacky Witch as a costume. That'd be a huge let down.

I think the S12 Witch/S14 Wacky Witch is the best rehash in the CMF theme so far, even better than the S9 Battle Mech/S11 Evil Mech

Also pretty sure the Zombie Pirate Captain's sword is the same as the Goblin's from Series 13. The hilt shape gives it away.

I guess I would have hoped for a different sword, but he still looks great regardless. I'm excited to get that beard in a new color.

I do find it funny people knocking the "rehashed" figures in CMF line ups. I get it, as an adult collector there's a massive element of wanting unique figures, but equally a lot of kids getting this series would have been too young for series 1 so it makes sense to me to see new zombies etc. I will admit I hated the female cyclops figure from a couple of series before, that one was awful, but to me as long as the design looks obviously different I don't mind, helps with figures fir MOCs.

Having just got Internet and seen the reveal, my final, final thoughts:

Banshee- A pleasant surprise here. I like her accurate interpretation (Wailing fairy spirit, not a screaming evil ghost) and her bluish green color scheme works well. Her tail was unexpected, but it will help to confuse hasty bag-squeezers. And a GitD head? Awesome! Her hair almost ruins her for me, though, since the color really doesn't seem to work. Perhaps the review will help.

The Fly- So cool! Nice to have another chance to get the Bumblebee Girl's wings, and his printing is nice. I love the claw hand (new or Davy Jones'?) and the asymmetry is great, since it makes him look like a transformation gone wrong.

Werewolf Lumberjack- Wow, the tail adds so much! The bone is sort of pointless, though.

Zombie Pirate Captain- Nice to see another recolor of that beard, but it makes him look less like a monster version of the S8 cap'n, which I don't like. A nice way to get a hook hand and peg leg, though. Why does he have a goblin scimitar?

Tiger Girl- I guess they can rip off DC if they have the rights. Great way to get the black whip.

Zombie Skateboarder-I like him, but his chin bugs me.

Overall, I'm very excited about this series and I can't wait to collect them all!

The Fly: For me, the best of the series. I can't help to fantasize what if Lego would have made all their minifigs from day one with these flyheads? Lego city, all flies! Can't wait for the first poopmoc's too. Love the claw and i'll be praying to the lego gods there will be an extra claw with every Flyguy.

There won't if the claw is the same as Davy Jones's but in a different colour. To the best of my knowledge, TLG doesn't officially support the replacement of minifigure hands (or claws). It considers torso assemblies (torso + arms + hands) as a single, indivisible element.

Thank you very much for the final pictures! :classic:

Although the quality of the minifigs is without doubts very good, this is the worst series of CM so far and even the series I'll buy the less minifigures from since it's simply too one-sided because of only horror themed minifigures! :thumbdown:

I really hope that in 2016 TLG will offer us minimum two regular, non-licensed and not one-sided series of minifigures like it was til last year!

Klaus-Dieter

Although the quality of the minifigs is without doubts very good, this is the worst series of CM so far and even the series I'll buy the less minifigures from since it's simply too one-sided because of only horror themed minifigures! :thumbdown:

I really hope that in 2016 TLG will offer us minimum two regular, non-licensed and not one-sided series of minifigures like it was til last year!

Klaus-Dieter

Hey mate, while I agree with you about those stupid Simpsons series, Series 14 is actually pretty good. Remember that the monster figs are the best part of any CMF series, and this series has only monsters. :wink:

1. Teen Wolf: Like the torso and leg printing. Not a fan of his accessory 'giant novelty bone.'

2. Zombie Pirate: Ehhhh... gonna have a hard place fitting this into any other line.

3. Mad Scientist: Always like mad scientists, wish his head was more of a conehead shape than a cylinder.

4. Wicked Witch: Kinda generic. Pass.

5. Venus Fly Trap: I love costumed minifigs, so this will fit right in.

6. The Fly: I guess TLG must be Cronenberg fans, and it just so happens... so am I!

7. Phantom: Will need to take a closer look before verdict

8. Zombie Cheerleader: See: Zombie Pirate.

9. Cat Lady: Big fan. Potential for Hunger Games cross-over MOCs, very versatile.

10. Gargoyle: Sorta unique, so I'm automatically a fan.

11. Karate Kid Bully: Just need half a dozen of these and a Daniel Larusso.

12. Rocker Frankenstein's Monster: Maybe Thriller-themed diorama? I don't know, I prefer the original monster TBH.

13. Zombie Suit: Prefer this over the other two zombies in this set, can be used in more settings.

14. Plague Maiden/Wraith: Begging for a custom Geralt of Rivia.

15. Bigfoot: IMO, the star of this set. Looks like a great torso sculpt that's distinct from the Wookiees, the camera is a nice touch.

16. Succubus: Very nice figure and accessories, can fit right into fancy dress/goth/hot topic theme.

2. Zombie Pirate: Ehhhh... gonna have a hard place fitting this into any other line.

Well, putting him in Pirate theme is fairly enough, if that's what you mean. A non-human pirate actually looks useful.

Interestingly, TLG seems to be setting a trend by having at least 2 mascots appearing since series 13 onwards(Hotdog Man & Unicorn Girl).

This monster series is Plant Monster and Tiger Woman........hmmmmmm

What do you guys think?

I think the Plant Monster is not a costume. The costumed characters have names like Piggy Guy, Panda Guy, Hotdog Man, Lizard Man and Tiger Woman.

Klaus-Dieter

Agree, it gets even worst when you realize 50% of the minifigures are rehashes. But I think TLM CMF is the worst series so far (But is wasn't numbered, so I didn't care). The Fly Monster which is one of the best CMF ever, saved this one.

I hope they won't include more made-up characters in future CMF series, like the Plant Monster which makes no sense at all.

I hope they won't include more made-up characters in future CMF series, like the Plant Monster which makes no sense at all.

"Made-up"? Are you kidding me?! Obviously you know nothing of the classic horror movies, such as the Little Shop of Horrors. :wink:

the-little-shop-of-horrors-giant.jpg

"Made-up"? Are you kidding me?! Obviously you know nothing of the classic horror movies, such as the Little Shop of Horrors. :wink:

I already knew that. But I doesn't make any sense as a minifigure.

The Scooby Doo one looks cool

Agree, it gets even worst when you realize 50% of the minifigures are rehashes. But I think TLM CMF is the worst series so far (But is wasn't numbered, so I didn't care). The Fly Monster which is one of the best CMF ever, saved this one.

To be fair, at least most of the rehashes in this series come with a new mold or something else that makes them drastically different compared to what they rehashed. It's just an inevitable reality in CMF, ever since we got the Surfer Girl and Street Skater in Series 4. Those were more blatant rehashes IMO.

The Plant Monster seems incongruous to me because it's constrained to the minifigure silhouette of head-torso-legs, and doesn't have the luxury of being a brick-built figure like the Scooby-Doo plant. I'm thinking a little imagination goes a long way - the lime green and the printing on the torso and legs is meant to be part of the plant itself, while the darker green is just the background color. That way it can get away with using minifigure parts (but not really).

I have mixed feelings about the series, but the cat woman is growing on me, especially when I noticed she has a tail?

The Planet Monster could be so much cooler if he had teeth in the mold. It looks absolutely terrible without them and even more so with that awful minifig head stuck in there. The torso print isn't impressive to me either and the vine accessories do nothing to make up for the rest. Does anyone know what the back of the headpiece part looks like?

The Planet Monster could be so much cooler if he had teeth in the mold. It looks absolutely terrible without them and even more so with that awful minifig head stuck in there. The torso print isn't impressive to me either and the vine accessories do nothing to make up for the rest. Does anyone know what the back of the headpiece part looks like?

There are pics of that headpiece somewhere in this thread

I think the Plant Monster is not a costume. The costumed characters have names like Piggy Guy, Panda Guy, Hotdog Man, Lizard Man and Tiger Woman.

Um... We get that you don't like this series, but most other people that have shared the opinion that it is not great have had the kindness to move on and let other people enjoy it. Can you do the same, at least until there is actually something new to talk about?

Um... We get that you don't like this series, but most other people that have shared the opinion that it is not great have had the kindness to move on and let other people enjoy it. Can you do the same, at least until there is actually something new to talk about?

Ignore him, he's been doing the same thing for months.