DrJB

What did you get for Christmas?

Batman 3, 2x5571 to start off the Grazi Tow Truck build and 400 odd plastic Chinese takeaway cartons so that I can finally sort out my parts in to something logical. Should keep me out of trouble for a few days.

Very nice, if you do not mind my asking, where did you get the 5571 and how much?

I got a Lego gift card and a TRU gift card... The wife stopped trying to buy me anything Lego a long time ago. I am happy with both.

Baffen -148*F Boots, $200, $25 Amazon Card and a $25 Bass Pro Shops card. 1972 Winchester 30/30 for large game, and some thermal shirts and wool socks.

Basically all out doors stuff which is great. But I'll probably use the amazon card as a 'down payment' for the Volvo loader.

Bought myself a 8110 as a Xmas gift 2 weeks ago. I would say it was a perfect gift.

Perfect, I've rebuilt my Unimog a dozen times atleast, love the set.

Edited by sdotcarter

I got the 42030 (half for parts, half for the model, need the PF parts). About 3/4 done and good so far. Is it me or are the pins hard to get started in/pushed through?

I got an iphone builder case from lego/belkin

Tonsilitis!

Hope you will be better soon

Tibivi

Very nice, if you do not mind my asking, where did you get the 5571 and how much?

One was of eBay I think, the other was the cheapest one on Bricklink at the time. Virtually no change from £400 for the pair. Was not really worried about boxes / completeness, since they'll be going in to the tow truck. Bit pricey I know, but the 5571 is one of the last of the larger models I have missing from my childhood. Just the space shuttle and the black control centre to go at some point.

I got a gift card, will use for 1 Jan. new sets. I had gotten myself the Simpsons House set...for the huge number of useful brick parts..its a really bland looking set.

EV3 & SBrick, just not yet because tradition in Spain is that presents pop up on January 6th... but already got an SD card ready with ev3dev :D

Parisian Restaurant, Palace Cinema, Benny's SSS, AT-AT, Simpson's House, Santa's Winter Village, and LUGbulk order.

My daughter cleaned up too. She got Elsa's Ice Palace, Eiffel Tower, and Research Institute. (she's 5) Should be good all around.

Now here's an unexpected answer:

Didn't get anything :angry:

And as much as i don't like wrapping gifts for myself actually wanted to buy something, but couldn't get anything nice in local stores.

I'll surely buy some sets after new year to compensate this, but i will try to push my family to get me anything next time :laugh:

Eh... it would be much easier to make a wish list actually. Though, i don't like novadays Lego that much. Given the opporunity to buy older classic sets making that list would be faaaar more easier :blush:

There's already a topic about christmas presents in Community. Do we really need multiple topics about this??

No we do not. This topic started in the Technic theme and had a 'focus' on only AFOLs/Technic. Now that it's moved to the General Discussion, makes sense to merge, but don't let that bother you ... If it's 'annoying', just ignore it.

Something red, something to avoid something red and something mostly brown. No legos. Those will have to wait until my next order which should be around January 1st.