I just got confirmation that I'm not allowed to publish reviews before December 1st. Sorry guys. Two more weeks.

NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The problem with the old handles was that it required your other hand to hold the model. The 12t gears for knobs don't have that problem.

I guess that's the reason for the switch - it's easier to control. And if the function requires some torque, a child can get a much stronger rotation force out of the 12t gear then out of the old cranks, without bending the axle that the knob is on.

So I don't expect a return of those part as handles.

I am curious how TLG thought of using this part though.

Anyhow, I think the bright green is good news - the more colors for Technic the better :) Now I hope that, over time, they will make the colors a bit more complete.

The change in gearbox is an interesting one too, and long overdue. I have thought about this for years, it surprises me it took so long before they changed this. Curious how this will work - and what they used a gearbox for in that set.

I'd rather see them come up with a half width 16 tooth gear and a more compact switch solution instead of making everything bigger... Any other new stuff?

Edited by Zblj

I just got confirmation that I'm not allowed to publish reviews before December 1st. Sorry guys. Two more weeks.

Well that was expected. At least this gives you some more time to produce the reviews and not stress you out while doing it.

Are you allowed to shows pics of the new parts or the partslists?

And is the new bionicle part included in any of the sets?

I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to show anything yet.

That's a shame :P

Oh well, can't wait till the end of the month :D

I don't mean to divert the topic too much, but I don't think that linear actuators should be included in non motorized models.

You mean you didn't like painfully cranking up the boom of the telehandler?! (8295) That was such a chore, it's a cool set but linear actuators are too much of a pain for hands alone.

Not bad, thanks. I've built 8 out of 9 sets (my fingers hurt) and filmed about half of review for each of them. I'm also roughly halfway through with editing. I should make it on time with all A-models, and I guess a couple of B-models will follow, say, a week later. My apartment has sets, camera batteries, boxes and instructions strewn all over it, but oh well :)

If I remember correctly, YouTube uses California timezone, so I will be publishing the videos on 0:01 AM December 1st California time.

Edited by Sariel

Not bad, thanks. I've built 8 out of 9 sets (my fingers hurt) and filmed about half of review for each of them. I'm also roughly halfway through with editing. I should make it on time with all A-models, and I guess a couple of B-models will follow, say, a week later. My apartment has sets, camera batteries, boxes and instructions strewn all over it, but oh well :)

If I remember correctly, YouTube uses California timezone, so I will be publishing the videos on 0:01 AM December 1st California time.

On my birthday Philippine Time!

I've subscribed (closedcl8), and wanna see the reviews in my house unless our trip to the beach goes through as planned.

That's still November in Hawaii ;)

Working hard with my crew here ;) (yup, something green is sitting under the cover).

10633313_10153324245203696_1271705456400995025_o.jpg

Edited by Sariel

I really hope 42039 is a nice set.

The prelim pictures looked nice, the finished model looked different, so now i'm hoping the final product is a surprise in the positive way.

I really like these kind of racing cars (le mans etc.).

Stop teasing us Sariel!

Your hamster needs a bigger racing helmet, Sariel. Can't believe you think that's safe. I'm reporting you for animal cruelty to the appropriate Polish agencies.

Edited by jantjeuh

I am looking forward to seeing the reviews,not log now. :classic:

The minute I see a hamster there is one picture I can't get out of my head.

hamster-kiwifruit.jpg

I'm looking forward to the reviews!

The new clutch gear sounds interesting.

And something I was not expecting. The green is not green... it is bright green! A first in Technic.

Yes, I also got the sets today. :wink:

That's a real bummer. Green in Technic is rare as it is, and there is no need for two different greens. Or two different blues for that matter. It just makes mocing more difficult. I was planning to use those new green panels on my forwarder project, but oh well. Back to plan A. Not sure I'll even buy 42039 now.

The new clutch gear sounds interesting.

That's a real bummer. Green in Technic is rare as it is, and there is no need for two different greens. Or two different blues for that matter. It just makes mocing more difficult. I was planning to use those new green panels on my forwarder project, but oh well. Back to plan A. Not sure I'll even buy 42039 now.

Agreed,I too thought it was the same green.

You could always use yellow. :laugh: