Nevermind, DBG rather than black, which already occurs in several sets :classic:

Edited by jantjeuh

Now I will complain harder and louder about the lack of a 5292 motor for PF.

Cause you know... we are still 6 months away of really having new pneumatics and need to keep all the whining flowing until then.

Now that we've all had a 'glimpse' of the pneumatics' future (i.e., new parts in the upcoming Mercedes Truck), have you thought about how to put those to good use? I'm thinking/hoping/wishing for a remake of the 8455, but in a larger version. Of course that means TLG will need to bring in larger tires as well. The other vehicle that now seems more 'feasible' is a moto-grader. Those tend to use different-sized hydraulic cylinders, and of all the constructions machines I've seen (and operated), has one of the most 'complex' hydraulics/pneumatics. So, here's what I'd love to see.

1. Remake of 8455, larger, as a flagship

2. Grader, with as many functions as the real thing

Anything else?

Couldn't you just use the Unimog tires? THey should be plenty big enough......

Couldn't you just use the Unimog tires? THey should be plenty big enough......

Typically no. A Backhoe operates in rough terrain, and as such uses 'agricultural' tires i.e., those with big tire lugs (as shown below). The closest thing is the balloon tires and the largest (Power Puller / 8466) are not available anymore. Yes, you can use the Unimog's but those would look really 'odd'.

LB_NSeries_590SuperN_Photo_1_500x333.jpg

Edited by DrJB

fully foldable knuckleboom cranes

+1

I am working on one presently, but the limiting factor is actually the length of the cylinders :classic:

Typically no. A Backhoe operates in rough terrain, and as such uses 'agricultural' tires i.e., those with big tire lugs (as shown below). The closest thing is the balloon tires and the largest (Power Puller / 8466) are not available anymore. Yes, you can use the Unimog's but those would look really 'odd'.

LB_NSeries_590SuperN_Photo_1_500x333.jpg

???? The post I was referring to was talking about a remake of 8455, not about a back-hoe. :wink:

Also, perhaps using the new pneumatics for the lift (instead of the actuators) on MK II crane would help it increase the angle to which it could lift. Thus increasing strength.13943688071_THUMB.jpg

13943688083_THUMB.jpg

Well, strictly speaking 8455 (and the Case picture I showed) is called a Tractor-Loader-Backhoe, or TLB for short. In the construction industry, we use TLB and backhoe interchangeably.

Oh geeezzz.... my bad. I have been posting on other forums about 8258 and I got the numbers mixed up. I was thinking 8455 was 8258... the crane truck. Classic case of doing too many thinks at once. You are right.... I got the numbers mixed up in the original post.

I would like to invent a new type of Mobile crane which hasn't even been invented in real life, and also make a hybrid supercar powered by xl motors and and a pneumatic engine.

Edited by LeocornoProductions

I always get 8285 and 8258 mixed up, and I bet I'm not alone.

one's a forklift and the other is a jam doughnut? :wacko::laugh:

I would like to invent a new type of Mobile crane which hasn't even been invented in real life, and also make a hybrid supercar powered by xl motors and and a pneumatic engine.

I also wanna do that.

How rare are red #3 connectors ?

Like they cant be too rare, I mean like even I have some.

They were not originally rare because they did come in quite a few sets. However, they have become difficult to acquire because of all the red MOCs of recent years with instructions. So they are not exactly "rare" (there are a lot of them out there), rather they are scarce.

They were not originally rare because they did come in quite a few sets. However, they have become difficult to acquire because of all the red MOCs of recent years with instructions. So they are not exactly "rare" (there are a lot of them out there), rather they are scarce.

Another thing is that they have not been included in a set in a while, making them available only on the secondary market. Also, a lot of people have griped about not using red #3 connectors in 42029, and not using yellow ones in this year's dump truck. Why do you think that is?

Another thing is that they have not been included in a set in a while, making them available only on the secondary market. Also, a lot of people have griped about not using red #3 connectors in 42029, and not using yellow ones in this year's dump truck. Why do you think that is?

Same reasons as described above. If they already have a bin of gray connectors sitting around, they won't pay to make a batch of red just to make the model look nicer. Just a cost trade-off. It is not that red costs any more than gray, it is just related to what they have in stock.

Same reasons as described above. If they already have a bin of gray connectors sitting around, they won't pay to make a batch of red just to make the model look nicer. Just a cost trade-off. It is not that red costs any more than gray, it is just related to what they have in stock.

Ye I think your right Blackbird , doing that sort of thing is what almost bankrupted lego in the first place, so that is why they keep a sharp eye on cost .