Sign in to follow this  
robuko

[WZ7: E8, DK] The King of Queenscross

17283753881_33e1700158_z.jpg

Queenscross was surrounded to the North, the West, and the East by Desert King forces. Its conquest was inevitable. It came swiftly, with emphatic force. And supplies for the King's supporters. The Elemental guardians of the Great Gate allowed the King's army through without a murmur, for they were ancient djinns. They approved of his rule and the Old Times were Good.

17098064859_1e04bcfac8_z.jpg

The last 2 High Council guards in the city, tasked with the defence of the pillar of eternal glory faced a tough choice. Would they die like heroes, or live, like men.

16664019283_2517996968_z.jpg

The King's negotiator was merciful. There will always be room in the King's army for men of good sense.

17096811870_378b3cb457.jpg

The rich townsfolk raised a toast to their liberators, and applauded their mercy. They had seen hardship and suffering under Revolword, and they knew of the chaos the Macleans had brought to Eastgate. It had gone on long enough. A strong ruler could bring stability and prosperity once more.

16661805094_8c579ff96b.jpg

Meanwhile, the King's cartographer uncovered another piece of the jigsaw.

If I win this challenge the next warzone will be O17.

Edited by robuko

Beautiful! The walls are great and the colors really stand out. This could really be a Petrea build if you wanted it too.

What a feast for the eyes! This is easily the most beautiful, impressive entry for Queenscross yet. Such an enrapturing build, the colors are so lovely here, as is that elegant architecture. The tan gate, gold accents, white pillars and gold statue blend into a truly mesmerizing build. Very pretty, your finest entry into this challenge yet! Also, impressive mummy army you have here! :thumbup:

The architecture, colors, details and scale are simply splendid. White, tan and gold go together very well. The columns and wall patterns are excellent and the photo of the balconies and interconnected flowers is beautiful even if you mixed fleshies with yellows. The man in black on the top balcony could be me... Superb composition!

Very nice work here robuko, especially with the house on the right hand side. The sand green and white look superb and I really like the gold behind the arches! Good work on the wall too, the arched entryway and the pillars make it look very ornate! :thumbup:

Impressive arch! The patterns are just beautiful. And Iike the story about the djinns as guardians very much.

Fantastic work :wub:

I really love all the techniques in your creation and the colour scheme. Furthermore the story is very nice, too.

That's a lot of mummies! Fantastic build, great job! :thumbup:

Edit: congrats on the front paging!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

I really enjoy how versatile you are with the brick. I've called you out on some great micro work, and this thing is just plain impressive at minifig scale. Rock on robuko

This is outstanding! The colors go very, very well together and some of the techniques are just genius! I will be borrowing some of the techniques... Thanks in advance!

Andy D

As usual the various decorations/color mixtures blend together perfectly Robuko... Superb work once again! :wub:

Beautiful! The walls are great and the colors really stand out. This could really be a Petrea build if you wanted it too.

Thanks Blufiji, the arch was going to be in Petraea but it would have confined me to a big flat space in front of it so I used it here.

What a feast for the eyes! This is easily the most beautiful, impressive entry for Queenscross yet. Such an enrapturing build, the colors are so lovely here, as is that elegant architecture. The tan gate, gold accents, white pillars and gold statue blend into a truly mesmerizing build. Very pretty, your finest entry into this challenge yet! Also, impressive mummy army you have here! :thumbup:

Thanks for your Kind words ME!

Wow, Robuko this is Great :thumbup:

Thanks Dr Cogg, glad you like it

Awesome build !!! Good Work :thumbup: :thumbup:

merci!

Amazing entry! :wub: I love how tall you made the gate :thumbup:

Thanks LJ. Yes, it's truly monumental. I worked off the arch of Septimus Severus in Rome for the proportions, those gates really are big.

The architecture, colors, details and scale are simply splendid. White, tan and gold go together very well. The columns and wall patterns are excellent and the photo of the balconies and interconnected flowers is beautiful even if you mixed fleshies with yellows. The man in black on the top balcony could be me... Superb composition!

Thanks Captain Dee, you have great dress sense :wink: I am happy mixing fleshies and yellows, it's a big world

Very nice work here robuko, especially with the house on the right hand side. The sand green and white look superb and I really like the gold behind the arches! Good work on the wall too, the arched entryway and the pillars make it look very ornate! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, I really love sand green with anything

Very, very nice!

Thanks Andrew

Impressive arch! The patterns are just beautiful. And Iike the story about the djinns as guardians very much.

Thanks Jacob. The djinns were a last minute addition when I realised I didn't have enough blank parts for statues, but I like it too

Nice!

Thanks!

Awesome build and that wall is huge! :thumbup:

Thanks Goliath, you actually inspired this with your discussion about the lack of classical architecture in Kaliphlin

Fantastic work :wub:

I really love all the techniques in your creation and the colour scheme. Furthermore the story is very nice, too.

Thanks Balbo. There is not that much technique here to be honest, only the base of the columns was tricky with a lot of half stud offsets.

fantastic work. The glyph pieces fit perfectly and the color accents look very clean.

Thanks Asphalt, I really wanted to get the colours working together for this and I'm glad you noticed

Nice1.

Thankyou!

That's a lot of mummies! Fantastic build, great job! :thumbup:

Edit: congrats on the front paging!

Thanks LV, yes I have all the mummies I think. Even a couple of mummified sabre tooth Leander :laugh: Many thanks to Ecc for the front page!

This is just pure beauty! Awesome job!

Thanks redtrooper!

I really enjoy how versatile you are with the brick. I've called you out on some great micro work, and this thing is just plain impressive at minifig scale. Rock on robuko

Thanks mrcp6d, I do try to challenge myself to learn something new with each build, hopefully it all adds up a bit over time. This time my new stuff was the snot panels. the brick pattern, and the hinge arch. And having some of my photos in focus for once!

Very nice! :wink:

Thanks Graham!

Wow, this is terrific. It is huge and still detailed and very elegantly crafted.

Thanks Captain Braunsfeld, it's about as big as possible for this floorplate!

This is outstanding! The colors go very, very well together and some of the techniques are just genius! I will be borrowing some of the techniques... Thanks in advance!

Andy D

Thanks Andy, borrow away, it's all yours

As usual the various decorations/color mixtures blend together perfectly Robuko... Superb work once again! :wub:

Thanks very much for the compliment Gunman!

Utterly fantastic work! There are So many great aspects of this build I wont list them all.

Thanks very much Dan!

Magnificent build! The main gate would be a stunning MOC on its own, with the lovely pillars, arches, and detailing up top :thumbup:

The building on the right also features some lovely designs, my favorites being the checkerboard style wall, and SNOT gold 2x2 tiles :wub: