Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

In the land of the Wolf Clan

Shivering Ettu's journey on board the Aurora of Mitgardia turned out to be quite short. A storm came upon the ship and Ettu was caught by a large wave and washed out in the sea. Luckily he stranded on a nearby shore and was found by the Clans folk. After telling them he was on his way south they provided two guides for Ettu, to help him find his way down to the Heavenly Mountains. It was the time of the short summer in the Clan Lands and everywhere there were small rivers with fast flowing, ice cold water from the smelted snow and ice. The people of the Wolf Clan however, was well aware of that and had built small bridges at all the important crossings.

13654607444_35f4fd6814_z.jpg

13654606534_4ffd42d96a.jpg

13654255195_4ddd9bd56b.jpg

As with my previous build, I made this to contribute to the Landscapes of Mitgardia Community Build and to continue the story about my sigfig Shivering Ettu and his journey south. Expect two more little scenes soon! :wink:

/Etzel

Oh man, this is really great. This moc screams Tundra! And, I'm really happy the MCB II gets another swing. Thanks a lot for that!

Ah awesome. I've been enjoying the story of Shivering Ettu. Great build, nice bridge and cool clansmen!

Very nice build, my favorite part has to be the landscaping.

The bushes are well done, maybe you could create a small tutorial how to do them? The ground textures are also nice to look at, the mix between sand-green and different kinds of brown bricks looks very organic.

Great color choices for the terrain, and those bushes are excellent :thumbup:

keep the builds coming :classic:

Nice color usage and very nice design of those bushes!

You really make good use of those trans-medium blue plates btw :classic:

Lovely coloring and awesome fig combos!

Anybody know what sets the tan ninja hoods came from?

Thanks guys!

The bushes are made by weaving together the leaf parts (6 for the small, 8 for the big one). It's a technique I've borrowed from Katie Walker: https://www.flickr.c...57632889011911/

Lovely coloring and awesome fig combos!

Anybody know what sets the tan ninja hoods came from?

It's probably just the lighting, these are old dark grey ninja hoods.

Great build! The dark orange tiles, the bushes, and the rickety bridge are nice details :thumbup:

It's probably just the lighting, these are old dark grey ninja hoods.

Ah, thanks for explaining! I was wondering why they weren't popping up on Bricklink...

I really like the dark orange and sand green landscaping. Great job!

Nice use of color on the landscaping, I've never been a huge fan of dark orange (or whatever it's called), but it really worked well here! Great little bridge too, I'd be a bit leery of crossing though, those poles don't look too strong!

The color combos here are really great! I also like the stick bridge and bushes! :thumbup:

This is one awesome landscape! The colour combinations really make it stand out and the simplicity of the water makes a good contrast to it. All in all, this build is a huge win. I don't know what whould have made it better - it's just perfect.

Edited by Simon_S