Jorrith

A mouse in the attic - CH III cat. A - Men

Somewhere, in a dwarven keep in midgardia....

full.jpg

Adummim: Gentlemen, thank you both for coming at such short notice. I have taken the liberty to arrange some refreshments, while we discuss the final plans.

Rarroud: Excellent! I have been dying to taste that dwarven ale you talked about!

Fimdoum: Some ale and food was an excellent idea sir!

Adummim: Well, we should make our stay here as pleasant as possible i guess. But now on to buisness....

full.jpg

Adummim grabs a piece of folded up parchment from under his beard, and unfolds it onto the table...

full.jpg

Adummim: This is the final plan for the coming assault on the drow. We will march in three days, under the cover of night. Rarroud and his regiment will pass the border of avalonia trough this mountain pass, and you Fimdoum, will take the path along this river with your troops. I will lead the third regiment trough the forrest into avalonia. There is a possibility the elves will spot our movement, so haste is key. Once the attack has started they will probably declare war on us anyway, but for now we need the element of supprise.

full.jpg

Fimdoum: And what if the elves decide to attack us in the rear?

full.jpg

Adummim: That is why the first strike has to be a supprise attack. The elves will never engage our troops without the concent of the elven council, that gives us time to hammer those drow, and regroup to counter any elven resistance.

Rarroud: Hah, we will kill as many drow as we can, and take as much elven scum with them as well!

Adummim puts the map away....

full.jpg

Adummim: Well, now everybody knows what needs to be done, it's time for a refreshment. Eat, drink, feast my friends! We march in 3 days!

Upstairs in the attic, there is someone who should not be there....

full.jpg

John: The dwarves are going to war on the drow? I must inform Chorian right away! Once these dwarves are sufficiently drunk, i'll sneak away unnoticed.

To be continued....

Well, i hope you like my entry for challenge 3! It was fun building something that wasn't nocturnus themed! C&C welcome!

Extra pics:

full.jpg

The total build..

full.jpg

Sans figs and furniture...

full.jpg

And the rear to show i've stayed within the 16x16 area.

What an interesting scene. I love how you did the candles, great idea. I also like the wooden internal roof support, awesome detail.

Very nice entry! I agree that the rafters inside the attic look marvelous. Overall, I think the presentation here is great, both in color and in quality.

Very well done!

What I really like about this creation is the SNOT ground, that carpet is just beautiful.

But I mixing light flesh and yellow minifigs looks weird. If I were you I would just use only yellows or only light flesh minifigs.

Nice entry nonetheless! :sweet:

Very nice moc and interesting story. Many lovely details, but the candleholder is the icing on the cake, excellent!

@WT: maybe Eccs and I started the mixing because I still use yellow whereas Eccs seems to have switched to fleshy.

Great build. One of the all-time multilevel interiors I think, and it comes down less to the size or details but on the quality of the presentation and photos. My favorite detail, though, is the spy prying the floorboards loose with his dagger. That is just a first class idea with first class execution.

Nice build, Jorrith!

The details I like were mentioned before, so I repeat them: the rafters, the rug, the presentation and photography, the spy prying up a floor board, the chandalier.

Brick on, Jorrith!

Thanks everyone! On the yellow/fleshy thing, i thought it might differate human/dwarf, but usually i preffer to use yellow instead of fleshies. I maybe did it this way because the dwarf figs came as fleshies, never figured i could replace their heads and hands! :blush:

On the yellow/fleshy thing, i thought it might differate human/dwarf, but usually i preffer to use yellow instead of fleshies.

I agree with this. I have considered leaving my dwarves as fleshies under the pretense that they have pale skin from living underground :wink: .

Great build, those attic rafters are some of the best I've ever seen, and I also like the way you did the chimney. As mccoyed said, the spy prying up the floor boards is really good as well. Excellent posing. :thumbup:

Excellent entry, Jorrith, I agree with the others about the rafters and the spy :thumbup:

Very nice fireplace, door and furniture as well - you ought to have joined Mitgardia :wink:

Nice interior design and very clever composition! My favorite part is probably the chandelier, but the carpet looks great as well :classic:

May have to borrow that door hinge design some time...

Lovely interior! The two levels look great, the rafters are a great touch :thumbup:

The 1x1 tile unfolding into a map is a neat idea and works well. Good fireplace and chandelier too :classic:

Thanks everybody!

you ought to have joined Mitgardia :wink:

I like Nocturnus... dark, nasty and we have cookies! :tongue:

Wow! That chandalier and that fireplace are some eye candy!!! :wub: :wub: I really like how the guy in the attic is posing with the knife under the board!

Nice Entry! I like your build and the story! Nicely done!!!

But why does spies always wear black!? :wink:

Edited by Petric_G

Marvelously fully-realized build. Every detail, from the wall texture to the floor mosaic to the chandelier to the extended hearth to all the furniture to the foodstuffs -- it's all beautifully well-thought-out. A lovely build.

Really excellent job here the attention to detail is fantastic! Love the spy peeking through, those rafters are great! The 1x1 tile progression to the map is fantastic, and I love the door and carpet designs, well done!

Fantastic build and design Jorrith! :thumbup:

I really like the way You did those candles, fireplace and even the attic :blush:

Great details everywhere!

Just wonder how did You make that chandelier not fall. It looks as if it was attached to a ceiling rather weakly :wink:

Wow Jorrith, can't believe I missed this build until now... this is definitely one of the best challenge builds entered! This is a seriously awesome interior scene, the various details like the fireplace, the lion heads and wooden furniture really make this shine. Great idea with the spy prying up a floor board to take a peek. The rafters/support beams in the upper floor roof are a great touch. Nice story too! Really awesome work!