Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Could be. And Kim is having a bit of fun with us. :)

Yeah, that's fake. The fakers all seem to assume this will look like any other UCS set, packaging-wise.

47 minutes ago, skywaiter said:

Someone modified the top of the box then trolling internet again.

I can tell because of the two UCS badges.

3 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Yeah, that's fake. The fakers all seem to assume this will look like any other UCS set, packaging-wise.

Do you seem to imply the opposite?

11 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Interesting. If I had to guess, I would say it will be similar to the Technic Porsche 911 GT3 packaging. Ultra premium, sleek, Apple-esque packaging. And that would be fitting for the biggest, most expensive set of all time.

Edited by jackster99

31 minutes ago, TakeaBrick said:

My Goodness !? The new UCS MF is 800 USD? I thought it were 600USD... I don't wanna sell my kidney , dude...

Oh, calm down. You have two anyways. :wink:

44 minutes ago, TakeaBrick said:

My Goodness !? The new UCS MF is 800 USD? I thought it were 600USD... I don't wanna sell my kidney , dude...

As long as Lego can deliver on the long wishlist, it'll be well worth it. I just hope it goes better than the Saturn V launch. 

Hindsight is 20/20... 

Someone should have made a UCS Falcon rumors, speculation, wishlist and blather thread a long, long time ago, then the mods could just move all the pointless discussion of it far, far away. 

I would quite like the new MF to have an escape pod, that would be a nice feature that was missed out on the previous two Falcons. Did the previous UCS falcon have this feature, if not it should be a must for the "upcoming" version? 

4 hours ago, Globemaster8 said:

I would quite like the new MF to have an escape pod, that would be a nice feature that was missed out on the previous two Falcons. Did the previous UCS falcon have this feature, if not it should be a must for the "upcoming" version? 

No, 10179 didn't include any sort of interior apart from the cockpit and Luke's 'Gunner chair' (which is just a basic seat and steering wheel!). 

The interior is crammed with the large technic frame which is used to support the enormous weight, so there isn't much room for anything else.  I'll be interested to see if the newer version includes one, and how the internal frame is designed.  I'd actually prefer it if they concentrated on the exterior - at that sort of RRP 99% will be sold to serious collectors anyway, so I can't seen any need for 'play features'!

There is no feasible way they can release a UCS Falcon for $600 at the scale of 10179 and have an interior, not with current price inflation at any rate.  The original retailed for $500, and that was 10 years ago.  Look at the Death Star.  That was released in 2008, and they basically just re-released the exact same set and made it a $100 more.  Even if it was possible to make the falcon structurally sound with an interior, the piece count would be enormous.  Not to mention the exterior of the original was rather lackluster in terms of details, which would explode the piece count if done right.  I mean I hope Lego proves me wrong, but realistically it's not going to happen. 

Edited by Schneeds

19 hours ago, Globemaster8 said:

I believe the MF has no escape pods.

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I believe the MF has no escape pods.

Yeah, it does. It's mentioned in the script/dialogue and the DK cutaway books include them too.

Spoiler

INT. DEATH STAR - DOCKING BAY 2037

Vader and a commander approach the troops as an Officer and several heavily armed troops exit the spacecraft.

VOICE (over intercom) Unlock one-five-seven and nine. Release charges.

OFFICER (to Vader) There's no one on board, sir. According to the log, the crew abandoned ship right after takeoff. It must be a decoy, sir. Several of the escape pods have been jettisoned.

VADER Did you find any droids?

OFFICER No, sir. If there were any on board, they must also have jettisoned.

VADER Send a scanning crew on board. I want every part of this ship checked.

OFFICER Yes, sir.

VADER I sense something... a presence I haven't felt since...

Vader turns quickly and exits the hangar.

Edited by LEGOscum

Really dont need an interior for a UCS MF its a show piece !! Give me one same size as old one with some serious detail on the outside and I'm a happy camper!!! As for the price dont care just give me something thats going to blow my socks off!!!

As far as interior goes I am fine with it being the same idea as the last one. However the gunner seats and the cockpit should be updated to at least look like the movie version of the ship. Also it would be nice to have the hallway going into the cockpit to not be some random bricks stacked behind the characters.

On balance, after hearing some compelling arguments above, I have to say I think I'd be happier to see an (if possible) better looking exterior. However, I'd very much like it if the internal structural frame permitted kitting out with at least a partial interior (for modding/customizing), a clear gangway between cockpit and hull would also be nice! Still just crossing my fingers that it's something I can justify to myself!

There's a lot of possibilities that the Lego designers could have gone with; it'll be interesting to see how different it is to the 2005 version. 

To be honest im not bothered about an interior as long as they improve the exterior i'll be happy. Although happy relies on it being a decent price, people saying they'll be happy with 650+ must be smoking crack, nothing LEGO do should be that price even at 7500 pieces, its just gouging StarWars fans in the backside!

1 hour ago, All in the Reflexes said:

To be honest im not bothered about an interior as long as they improve the exterior i'll be happy. Although happy relies on it being a decent price, people saying they'll be happy with 650+ must be smoking crack, nothing LEGO do should be that price even at 7500 pieces, its just gouging StarWars fans in the backside!

Prepare to be disappointed then with it being more than $650...  

As far as I'm concerned, at 7500 pieces, $800 is a reasonable price. It is not gouging SW fans, but catering to those that want what would essentially be a masterpiece, and offering it at a fair price compared to the number of parts included. If you can't afford it, don't get it, then you haven't been 'gouged'.

8 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Prepare to be disappointed then with it being more than $650...  

As far as I'm concerned, at 7500 pieces, $800 is a reasonable price. It is not gouging SW fans, but catering to those that want what would essentially be a masterpiece, and offering it at a fair price compared to the number of parts included. If you can't afford it, don't get it, then you haven't been 'gouged'.

Im sorry Fuppy but i disagree, i could afford an £800 set 10 times over but it doesnt mean i should agree with paying that price. If it significantly improves on the original i can consider it but given LEGOs past behavior with charging through the nose for SW related sets, i'll reserve judgement till it arrives even if im skeptical.

Still talking about the Falcon..? Why doesn't it get it's own thread anyway.

I've read that Kylo's shuttle will contain Kylo without any helmet, pilot with red markings, officer, Luke, Rose and Phasma with updated printing and a spear.
Don't know if this is legit though, since the minifigure selection would be way better than in any of the other sets.

Whatever price the Falcon is, if the old one and every other UCS set is anything to go buy, it'll never be worth less than the purchase price after it gets discontinued, even if you have the audacity to open the box and build the set, so at least you can argue it's a sound investment