In previous days, I would look at my shelf of Technic supercars and lament the overabundance of red. Why did everyone have to build in red? The answer, of course, was parts availability.

800x532.jpg

800x391.jpg

But lately something unexpected has happened: I find myself with a pile of white cars. I can't take a picture of them because some are still in work, but these three excellent white cars are all brand new and made possible by an abundance of new white parts.

800x235.jpg

I am hoping that blue is next. I have black and yellow covered.

I am hoping that blue is next.

The variety of blue panels isn´t too vast but is becoming better now. The only blue cars that I know is the Pagani Huayra from Francesco Hartley and not to forget the Bugatti Veyron from Sheepo which was built almost without panels. So I will try hard for my next MOC in blue color for which I have collected some parts already :wink: .

The variety of blue panels isn´t too vast but is becoming better now. The only blue cars that I know is the Pagani Huayra from Francesco Hartley and not to forget the Bugatti Veyron from Sheepo which was built almost without panels. So I will try hard for my next MOC in blue color for which I have collected some parts already .

Thanks for taking up the challenge! I built Jurgen Krooshoop's Little Devil in blue with some part substitutions, and Crowkillers' Assassin has some blue as well. Blue is probably too strong a color for an entire car to be blue, but it could be two tone with a more neutral color. I wonder what you will make!?!

I am working on converting one of my other cars to orange.

Nice collection that you have. I think the white Alfa-Romeo (winner of a TC contest) deserves a place among the white cars. As for color, let's not forget one of the very first MOCs: The Lamborghini Murcielago in YELLOW.

What's that one on the left?

I think it the King's Offspring ... err ... Koenigsegg

Edited by DrJB

What's that one on the left?

On the left of which image?

Nice collection that you have. I think the white Alfa-Romeo (winner of a TC contest) deserves a place among the white cars. As for color, let's not forget one of the very first MOCs: The Lamborghini Murcielago in YELLOW.

I have that Alfa as well as a few other white cars including the assassin and phantasm. I'll photograph them all when they are done.

Sadly, my yellow murcielago was sacrificed to get parts for the BMW M4 DTM.

Since I got a couple of questions, here is a list of the vehicles in the images:

• First Image (Red)
    • Mustang GT500 by Sheepo
    • V12 by Lipko
    • Koenigsegg CCX by Jurgen Krooshoop
    • Porsche 997 GT3 by Crowkillers
    • Concept Car by Nathanael Kuipers
    • Ferrari 458 by Brunojj

[*]Second Image (Red)

• Bugatti EB110 by Erik Leppen
    • Roadster by Nico71 (sacrificed for parts to make Sheepos VW Bus)
    • Deluxe Supercar by Crowkillers
    • Pagani Zonda by Erik Leppen
    • Supercar by Madoca (will be sacrificed and converted to Corvette Stingray)

[*]Third Image (White)

• Koenigsegg One:1 by Pvdb
    • Simple Supercar by Lipko
    • Icarus by Madoca

While we are at it we may as well look at the black cars:

800x345.jpg

• Fourth Image (Black)
    • Black Dragon by Jovel
    • Lamborghini Contact by Skyliner (in process of being converted to orange)
    • Vampire GT by Crowkillers
    • Pony Car by Nathanael Kuipers
    • Muscle Car by Crowkillers (not shown)

I think that up to now the colour in vogue has been dictated by the sets available. Red panels were available first in large quantities and varieties, in the past few years 42025 and Mindstorms supplied quite a few white panels, which is why you're seeing more white now. The white panels became even more abundant with the arrival of the heavy lifting helicopter. The recent release of 42038 should give more orange cars/MOCs in the near future, and the Crawler Crane will bring an era of blue ones, especially since the new curved panels are now available.

I also think builders get excited by seeing creations in new colours (let's ignore shapes for now). Everyone else notices that creations in a new color are possible, builds in that color and eventually gets tired of it, which is why we see changes in popularity of MOC colors. They switch to whatever new color is available and the process begins again.

Wow! It's so great to see many supercars in few pics....

About next colour in supercars, It will depend of the 42056 colour :wink:

Edited by Jonfensu

I absolutely LOVE white. It goes very well with a variety of colors, like black, orange, grey, etc. My current real life car is white, my previous one was white. I just can't get enough :tongue:

I'm building a new MOC in white since most of the red parts were used on the ACT, the same happened when I built the Custom Pickup, even if some parts still missing in white.

Honestly, at first, I considered to build my new MOC in blue, but I haven't enough parts in that colour in terms of type and quantity.

I hope to see more blue parts in the future, even if, probably, we will see a lot of orange.

I just hope no purple parts! :grin:

Also part of the white revolution: Nathanaël Kuipers' Predator. Might also look good on a table with white cars.

Edited by Didumos69

Sariel first recommended this a while ago..... and I severely second it. I would love to see something in like a metallic or flat silver. Silver with black or something. I think that would be great. TLG has already produced panels in this color:

14588170731_SPLASH.jpg

What I wouldn't give to see a super car in this color or at least in the color combination......

Since I got a couple of questions, here is a list of the vehicles in the images:

(...)

• Third Image (White)
    • Koenigsegg One:1 by Pvdb
    • Simple Supercar by Lipko
    • Icarus by Madoca

Thanks Blakbird, it was the Koenigsegg One:1 I was looking for!

The white is very much in vogue right now, and as others have said, this is great.

I would like Blue to be the next color. But while we are seeing an increase in Blue sets (42024, 42025, 42042), we are not seeing many new parts in this color. Introducing panels 3, 4 , 5, and 6 and any length flex hose would go a long way.

Despite the hype, 15L liftarms are still nearly double the price of 15L liftarms in red..... *sigh*

Edit: 15L liftarms in white are nearly double......

Without soft axles white never will be as good as red, as a builder who likes to use them more than panels is still the unique option, always in my opinion. When build no red cars doesn´t be a new, build red ones will be again the best way for build cars, for the pieces we have in that color of course. Is a pity that my F40 is red :wink: .

White looks nice when new. As LEGO white ages, parts of your model may turn into different shades of white.

We need more violet :devil: And as others said blue, maybe a model with all 3 shades of blue, medium normal and dark would be nice. I can iamgine for example a car staring with medium blue on hood, going to normal and ending the rear with dark blue. And some shades of orange lines to top it off.

Still there are quite a few pieces in white that are hard to get or cost a fortune.

We need more violet :devil: And as others said blue, maybe a model with all 3 shades of blue, medium normal and dark would be nice. I can iamgine for example a car staring with medium blue on hood, going to normal and ending the rear with dark blue. And some shades of orange lines to top it off.

While I like expanding colour range, but I would better stick to getting larger piece variety in same colour (i.e. some basic pieces are missing or HTF in red, white, yellow and blue). All other shades of red, yellow, blue and green can wait.