SkaForHire

The Empire of Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion

8 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Thank You! I feel like such an idiot :facepalm:

I'm glad you found it. :thumbup: 
Don't be afraid to ask if you have a question.

Have we decided who we are supporting for Challenge V? I'm assuming ESL, but I want to clarify, before I start posting my Challenge builds.

It has been left up to each individual builder who they will support. Of course you can always be like me and do a build for both sides even though my character supports only the one side. 

On 3/4/2017 at 2:23 AM, Mesabi said:

Captain Mesabi, Hereby Joins Corrington

Welcome to Corrington! It's good to see some new players finally join our ranks. :thumbup: :classic:

The return of Hawksbrugh?

Hello noble Corringtonians. I have been away for a long time...since July in fact! My creative life got taken over by decorating my house, from top to bottom, and my new hobby with the family, cycling. But the house is done, and I am thinking about redirecting my creative energies to BoBS. I am trying to work out a story to get Hawksbrugh back in the game, and to explain where he has been for the last eight months. And I have a couple of builds in the pipeline. If and when I do return, I need to be more aware of all else that is going on in my life and not over commit to BoBS which I did last time. Anyway, it would really help me if someone could share the proper BoBS web address with me, as I can currently only access it via eurobricks, and the interface is quite awkward. Also, if anyone is feeling generous, maybe they could do a couple of hundred words summarising all that has happened with Corrington and ECTC recently? Something about a war between Garvey and Eslandola? What are the best recent builds? Has Hawksbrugh grown rich in his absence? And what have you all been up to? I have a day off work tomorrow so will devote the day to catching up and some building. For Corrington and the Queen!

Fuzzy!!! You're back!!!

In September EB had a major upgrade, which might explain the awkward interface you mentioned (some people had technical issues afterward - shoot, I couldn't reply or post anything for 4+ months...) but BoBS has always only been accessible through EB as far as I know: it's a part of EB.

I can't update you on the current happenings right now, but I saw your avatar and had to check it out.

There's a conversation in the faction pm regarding a forthcoming investment that I believe you'll want to participate in. :pir-wink:

Good to see you back. :classic:

1 hour ago, Fuzzy MacFuzz said:

*cue dramatic music*

A long time ago, in an ocean far far away, peace had long reigned supreme. (BoBS: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/177-brethren-of-the-brick-seas/)

It was not a perfect peace, and privateering was on the rise, rumours spreading of rich treasure fleets bringing home colonial riches. Many were taken, and many others beat off their attackers in bloody fights, as tension was rising throughout the lands. (Challenge IV)

However, the Empire (Mardier) was marred by civil war, and in these conflicts, against the rebels, or freedom fighters, innocents fell victim. Some of these innocents were Eslandian sailors, which led to a declaration of war and retribution from Eslandola, a nation itself undergoing significant change, the trade companies overthrowing the King, relegating him to a merely symbolic role. In the course of this war, Eslandola invaded Isla de Medio and settled on the south. This operation further revealed a massive, previously unknown, colonial Mardierien presence, escalating the conflict further. To counter these developments, Eslandola brought in a new ally, the small but warlike nation of Garvey, and together, they are now conducting offensive operations against Mardier. (Challenge V)

Amidst this chaos, the nation of Corrington stands concerned. The actions of it's historic friend and ally Eslandola has not gone unnoticed, although Corrington has managed to maintain neutrality. At the same time, relations with a historic enemy, Oleon, have warmed somewhat, but has yet to materialise in any concrete form. The Royal Navy is still a powerful force, but Corlander shipyards have not been able to keep up with the great ressources available to their competitors in Oleon and Eslandola, and some admirals are concerned. The merchant fleet suffers a similar fate. Likewise, the colonies of Corrington are not developing as fast as their counterparts, and in the great race for riches, Corrington is falling behind...

However, the ETTC has not suffered, and is as rich as it ever was, bringing great wealth to its shareholders. Construction of a royal cocoa factory is progressing, albeit slowly, but the company is still in need of a proper headquarter from which to lead its efforts.

How will the return of mr. Hawksbrugh impact the future of the nation?..

8 hours ago, Fuzzy MacFuzz said:

Nice to see you back Fuzzy! Hopefully you'll be able to sort out the technical details and be able to participate again - you have been sorely missed!

Thanks for the very helpful advice guys. I think my technical issue is simply the Eurobricks upgrade so everything looks different here, I just need to get used to it. I have read Bregir's update thoroughly, it all seems clear enough. Except that back in July Corrington was no.1 nation; what happened? I guess people like me stopped pulling their weight! It will take me a few days to get back into everthing, but i have already started some building.

20 minutes ago, Fuzzy MacFuzz said:

Corrington was no.1 nation

Corrington IS number 1 on all metrics that matter! :pir-tongue: However, on some minor issues only important to profiteers and noblemen, we may be a bit behind... :pir_laugh2:

24 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Corrington IS number 1 on all metrics that matter! :pir-tongue: However, on some minor issues only important to profiteers and noblemen, we may be a bit behind... :pir_laugh2:

#1 in scandalous royal pregnancies is definitely a big achievement...

36 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Stop spreading viscous filth! Gods Save the Queen!

36 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

From someone who just deposed of their king, this is coming it pretty high. And based on nothing but rumours from that scandalous, unreliable King's Port Advertiser? Pfff, merchants... :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

Wasn't that rumour 9 months ago already?

:D

Nine months was back in November.

There is the matter of those 'documents' found in the uisge bottle with the Corrington Royal Seal stashed away in King's Harbour.

Despite incorrectly updating the settlement thread a few weeks ago, Mooreton Bay is now officially our first Large Town in the colonies!

Also I have something Royal in the works... :pir-classic:

Long Live the Queen!

6 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Despite incorrectly updating the settlement thread a few weeks ago, Mooreton Bay is now officially our first Large Town in the colonies!

Also I have something Royal in the works... :pir-classic:

Long Live the Queen!

Congrats, and looking forward to that thing! :excited: 

Long live the-!  Wait, what? :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:

Dear citizens of Corrington,

As many have probably noted, the taxation schemes for New Terra are changing, and revenues formerly going into colonial coffers are now retained in Halos. (OOC: No more free 20% tax for factions, and no licensing kickback)

However, as the colonial coffers are currently overflowing, we suggest no additional taxes be levied on our citizens, companies, or organisations. In return we ask all loyal Corlanders to be prepared for increased, temporary taxation, should the economic, military, or diplomatic situation change to necessitate further expenditures.

Should this lead to any questions or comments, the ministry of the colonies is at your service.

Rear Admiral Fletcher,

New Terran Command, Royal Navy

Colonel Allcock, Governor of the Paradise Isles, is pleased to announce the following new settlements and maps for his domain.

Settlements:

Port Woodhouse, Garma's Key.

Jameston, Celestia

Myzectlan, Cascadia

Maps:

Garma's Key

32421585331_7b9fcfdc39_z.jpg

Celestia

31576437164_46f3814a96_z.jpg

Cascadia

34628933301_3ccd8233a1_z.jpg

Long Live the Queen!

I have to congratulate you with coming up with the idea of making Myzectlan into a settlement. You have my attention. If I ever feel like building in that style, I now know where it would fit. Clever. Very clever.

Not envious at all.