Paul Boratko

Thoughts on the new wheels/tires in the UCS Batman Tumbler

I know that the pod's steering was mostly by camber adjustment... (until the wheels somehow rolled sideways)

I don't remember, did the tumbler itself steer differently?

...and it seems that it would be easier to send the drive function to the front wheels and steering through the back maybe?

Edited by rollermonkey

I know that the pod's steering was mostly by camber adjustment... (until the wheels somehow rolled sideways)

I don't remember, did the tumbler itself steer differently?

...and it seems that it would be easier to send the drive function to the front wheels and steering through the back maybe?

The tumbler steers like a normal car.

Why do I have a feeling these tyres will be used in technic in 2015? For a tractor and a trailer set maybe?

a bit of an Oxymoron there - "we used the new panel to make the suspension ROCK SOLID" ermmm..... then it isn't suspension and the balloon tyres are doing the job of suspension

Edited by Rockbrick

Yes to work for TLG you have to be able to make good brum brum noises. its all in the contract.

Edited by SNIPE

Did I read correctly, that the 3x11 panels will be now available in black??? Hooray!

These front tires on real life Tumbler are made by hoosier .These wheels are used for racing cars and dragsters.This make me think that there will be next year or some kind of supercar with these tires or dragster.But I dont think dragster will be standalone model, it is quite boring.

Lego never made tires only for one set, I think that mould will be very expensive.

These front tires on real life Tumbler are made by hoosier .These wheels are used for racing cars and dragsters.This make me think that there will be next year or some kind of supercar with these tires or dragster.But I dont think dragster will be standalone model, it is quite boring.

Lego never made tires only for one set, I think that mould will be very expensive.

Racing car as A model, and dragster as B:)

Model is amazing for shape and new wheels but think i'm gonna put my money on 42030, more parts. If this was full suspended and steered would considered it but not in just this static version, even if i love black...

Edited by Foggy

Racing car as A model, and dragster as B:)

Based on your credibility and last posts, I think you are hiding something :wink: .

Not a 100% match, but the new tires would lovely fit to a brand new NASCAR set :wink:

Like this one (for wet conditions):

tires.540.jpg

Edited by mzoli

On the computer generated pictures, the tires are 'bigger' at the center (as they should be). On actual pictures from comicon however, they seem to 'shrink' in the middle, as if from not a good molding process. I'm sure one can get the 'balloon' effect by filling them with foam ...

On the computer generated pictures, the tires are 'bigger' at the center (as they should be). On actual pictures from comicon however, they seem to 'shrink' in the middle, as if from not a good molding process. I'm sure one can get the 'balloon' effect by filling them with foam ...

That is because the tyre bends in the middle section where it sits flat. That comes because of the soft rubber.

Right now, I own the 7782 Batwing and 7888 Tumbler, and plan to sell these 2 for this set. I wish for its size it had steering and suspension, but I'm sure some clever builder here will find a way without sacrificing external design.

That is because the tyre bends in the middle section where it sits flat. That comes because of the soft rubber.

You're right ... but I was not asking 'why' the tire behaved in such a way, I was simply proposing a fix (foam filler) to make it look 'ballooned'.

You're right ... but I was not asking 'why' the tire behaved in such a way, I was simply proposing a fix (foam filler) to make it look 'ballooned'.

True. I guess one could use those foam fillers from regular RC tyres. Would probably help a lot. I think this would generally be good to use anyway on soft tyres.

Are the front wheels on power puller rims, or the same rims as 8110 / 9398 / 42000 ?

Are the front wheels on power puller rims, or the same rims as 8110 / 9398 / 42000 ?

No, the next size down from the 8110/9398/42000 rims.

Boom! Review: http://www.hobbyinsi...ry=&fmMainCode=

(I know I know - Korean - but the pics are language-agnostic :) )

Thanks! There are some great pictures on that site! It's interesting to see TLG use the portal hubs on the rear, and it looks like there are four 3x11 panels in this set. :grin:

Since I don't see myself buying the 42030, I may have to pick this up instead.