They say the third time's a charm, so...

evolution.jpg

The video:

Photos & reading: http://sariel.pl/2014/06/hummer/

And no, I don't plan on building a fourth one. It would bore everybody to death, and it would need to be the size of a barn to follow the trend.

Sweet, your hamsters of course, but your hmmvy are getting bigger and looking better with every revision. At next time a willys jeep maybe?

Edited by efferman

Excellent build again Sariel!

Every time I think it will not get better, but everytime you do it again...

Raising standards once more :laugh:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by bord4kop

No fourth one? It is very disappointing given the amazing evolution .This last one looks fantastic.

What scale is it? Hummer is already a heavy vehicle, I wonder how those 4Kg relate to the real weight and the scale.

The best-looking lego hummer model with so many functions. :thumbup:

PS: the wiper is really an innovative design, and the model must be large enough to hold it.

Update: seems like the model was driven by two XLs, not four, for at least part of the video. I'm halfway through disassembly, and I found that one 16t gear coupling two motors with another two is gone, together with the axle it was sitting on. There's no trace left and I can't find these two pieces anywhere else in the model. What the hell?

DSC09820.jpg

Perhaps the Hamster pulled a quick one on you and sold the parts on the black-market (BL) for a quick euro?

This is such a brilliant piece. It almost resembles a diecast model more than Lego because it is that good.

I cannot get enough of your hamsters :wub: They must love exploring all of your creations!

Awesome hummer! :grin::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shame about the gearing, did it just melt into oblivion?

You could have used "cherries" as nutz, but probably would have been too small.

Dirty danglers! hahahaha. :tongue:

Update: seems like the model was driven by two XLs, not four, for at least part of the video. I'm halfway through disassembly, and I found that one 16t gear coupling two motors with another two is gone, together with the axle it was sitting on. There's no trace left and I can't find these two pieces anywhere else in the model. What the hell?

I think clutch 16 tooth gears would be a better option here...they are smoother and a bit stronger.

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote

I have had some similar problems with the transmission in my tiger I, under torque gears push on the axle and force it out. The gear and axle probably fell out on the ground somewhere.

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote

Sarel,

As usual totally amazing work! You are truely an artist!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well executed. Really love it! The only thing I see all the time is a common mistake with gearbox, gears sliding rather than swinging. It's well know that lego gears suffer for a sliding engagement, where with a swing movement would be much smoother.

Overall it's such a wonderfull piece of art!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

P.S. what about a winch?? Could be cool!!

Hummer's gearbox - so dead simple, it needs no instructions. The only things to remember is that you slide the entire gearbox (e.g. with a small LA) while the chassis, input and output remain fixed. You can also swap input for output, and whatever piece you put between the lower pair of gears acts only as a spacer. I would not recommend a bush as a spacer, as it will add friction when shifting the gearbox. Angle connector works fine, provided you attach it to the frame, because you don't want it rotating and hitting the gears above it.

gearbox.png

Astonishing MOC! Frontpaged it and of course, assigned the pro tag to you :thumbup:

technic_pro.png

While I admire the technological advances in the 2nd and 3rd model - I like the 'look' of the first one best

Astonishing MOC! Frontpaged it and of course, assigned the pro tag to you :thumbup:

Thanks. Is there a hamster tag I can get, too? :)