Infernum

Ch II: Team Simon: Cat C: Infiltration

Sir Jamus,

I do not have time for explanation, but I need to meet you presently. Come armed for battle, and meet me at Kingridge catle at sunrise!

Simon

dscn2051.jpg

The sun rose drearily, seeming to be as weary as the land of Avalonia. The drow assault and the rumors of a plague have taken a toll on the grassy guild, as well as her once proud lords, now worn far and thin as they try to protect their homeland. Now the first light of that darkened sun hit the walls of Kingridge castle, and Sir Jamus the brave strode into the gate at a quick pace.

As he wandered the keep he was pulled aside by a hooded warrior.

Jamus: Simon, is that you, milord?

dscn2052.jpg

The man replied, alarmed.

Simon: Tis I, but we must not let the others know I'm here! I have come in secret, and must be back to the front lines soon!

Jamus: Yes, milord. Why have you summoned me?

Simon: I need you to lead a strike against the Drow leaders, a task I wished to do myself, but with so many lords trying to suppress the plague I do not have enough warriors. Here, you will need this!

dscn2053.jpg

Jamus stared in wonder as Simon handed him an elaborate dagger, clearly of elvish make.

Simon: This will help you defeat the Drow commander, keep it with you always! Good luck my friend!

dscn2055.jpg

With that the Avalonia lord turned and walked away, leaving Jamus alone.

Jamus: A dagger against a horde of drow, wonderful.

Then Jamus noticed a note inscribed on the blade.

Jamus: Aha! A map...

dscn2057.jpg

He then sheathed the dagger and walked off, a look of determination on his face...

Two days later...

Hand Soldier: I hate being stationed here! We never get to see any action!

Drow: You fool, we protect this tunnel entrance! We cannot let anyone past us!

Hand Soldier: Ha, ha, like any of those weak Avalonians would think of coming here! They're all so wrapped up in protecting their precious crops! They're weak and stupid, and you're a mindless soldier, my drow friend!

Drow: And you're a- wait? Did you hear that?

Hand Soldier: Hear what? There's nothing but plants and animals for miles around-

He was cut off by a battle cry as a group of knights jumped from their hiding places, and charged the tunnel entrance!

Drow: Quickly, draw your weapons! Alert the others!

dscn2029.jpg

They had no chance to alert anyone, the Avalonians had then surrounded in seconds. Most of the defenders didn't even have weapons with them...

dscn2040.jpg

Jamus: Quickly, take the doors! This tunnel will lead us right to the cobra's head!

To be continued...

Well there's my last entry, I meant to have a third build, but I lacked motivation and time. Maybe I'll get around to it soon. :wink:.

Figless shots!

dscn2058.jpg

dscn2048.jpg

I tried to keep the dark tan and olive theme for all my entries. I'm really proud of the second build, it's pretty big (about 35x35 probably), and I love how the rockwork turned out. :classic:

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Infernum

Whoa, that's some crazy-haired dude! :grin: Great rockwork on the second build, too!

Great story :thumbup:. The angled rockwork is also very nice.

Awesome builds, Infernum, great texture on the first one, I like the cleanness of it :thumbup:

The rockwork and landscape on the second one are excellent too, and the doors fits very well. Great entry! :wink:

Great! I really like the door and rockwork on the second build

Thanks!

Amazing rockwork in that second build.

Thank you! :classic:

Whoa, that's some crazy-haired dude! :grin: Great rockwork on the second build, too!

Well, you know Avalonians and their hair. :wink:

Great story :thumbup:. The angled rockwork is also very nice.

Thanks Simon! Hope you don't mind me including your fig in the MOC!

Awesome builds! Great story too!

Thanks!

Awesome builds, Infernum, great texture on the first one, I like the cleanness of it :thumbup:

The rockwork and landscape on the second one are excellent too, and the doors fits very well. Great entry! :wink:

Thanks Gideon! :classic:

I really like the door!

Thank you Carson!

ROTFLOL

That's some amazingly beautiful rockwork there Infernum! I love the door buried in the rock face too. :thumbup:

The rockwork is excellent! I hope you post this on MOCpages, too - a model like this deserves a large audience.

Thanks Gilbert! I'll definitely post this over there, unfortunately there will be no LOM version. I smashed it before I remembered to take pictures with the figs swapped.

ROTFLOL

That's some amazingly beautiful rockwork there Infernum! I love the door buried in the rock face too. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Great build infernum! You have become just an amazing builder....really love to see your stuff

Beautiful build infernum! Very clean lines, fantastic presentation, and a compelling story.

Great build infernum! You have become just an amazing builder....really love to see your stuff

Thanks! I think GoH has helped me improve a lot!

Nice rockwork!

Thanks Torgar!

Beautiful build infernum! Very clean lines, fantastic presentation, and a compelling story.

Thanks!

Great builds and story, Infernum! The first build is perhaps a little plain, but it fits your close up shots of the conversation really well. The second build is just a lovely bit of landscaping - interesting rockwork, varied ground elevation, texture and vegetation, and the doors are really sweet as well. Looks excellent without the figs! :wub: The only thing that seems out of place is the ground level seeming to wrap around the the straight edges of the rockwork, but i can understand if that was done for aesthetic reasons. :classic:

The first build is good, but man, that second build... :wub: Superb texturing, rockwork, and colors :thumbup:

That angled rock is awesome Infernum, also the way you put that gate is well combined with the rockwork. Nice!

Great builds and story, Infernum! The first build is perhaps a little plain, but it fits your close up shots of the conversation really well. The second build is just a lovely bit of landscaping - interesting rockwork, varied ground elevation, texture and vegetation, and the doors are really sweet as well. Looks excellent without the figs! :wub: The only thing that seems out of place is the ground level seeming to wrap around the the straight edges of the rockwork, but i can understand if that was done for aesthetic reasons. :classic:

Thanks! Yeah, I get what you're saying, I just didn't want any parts of the build to look too plain. :wink:

The first build is good, but man, that second build... :wub: Superb texturing, rockwork, and colors :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch SK! :classic:

Very cool! Love the rocks in that second build. Did you use mixel joints for those?

Thanks! Nope, no Mixels joints. Just a lot of SNOT and friction. :wink:

I do love those colors!

Thanks ZC!

That angled rock is awesome Infernum, also the way you put that gate is well combined with the rockwork. Nice!

Thanks Gunman! :classic:

Wow, that rockwork is just epic!!! Very nice job on the wall as well :)