robuko

Ch II: DG Collab: Forest Refuge of the Order of Eden

After the ordeal at Brevis, Arthur, his daughter Eleanor and Ban the dog took flight. They did not want to stay and witness the hysteria of the townsfolk.

It is said of The Order of Eden, that when you are in need, they will find you. And so it was. The bereft father and daughter wandered at first aimlessly in the forest, then followed the mysterious flight of a great eagle. It came to rest on an enormous oak tree, which was home to two elves of The Order. The elves welcomed the strangers and bade them welcome and rest. They were not the first to pass that way. It was said that these elves had extraordinary healing powers, which they modestly said was all about the magic of the refuge itself.

14224173429_79b873ce09_c.jpg14409517912_781b47092d_c.jpg

Indeed the elves were physicians of a type. Aerthel nursed the sick and Davor gathered the herbs for potions and compresses. Aerthel tended 2 Avalonian travellers who had fallen ill with brews of bitter herbs. The man appeared to have recovered well enough to catch some pheasant, but he could not bear to eat as his wife was still feverish and at the door of death.

14219163630_a92042c492.jpg

After a few hours of sleep, Eleanor busied herself fetching fresh water from the stream so that Aerthel could brew another potion for the lady.

14219322017_522f92edc4_n.jpg

Meanwhile, Arthur helped Davor to dig out the roots he would need to stop the fever.

14219120759_1373a3b7d3_n.jpg

The lady's crisis seemed to pass. The elves were good company, if a little aloof, but Arthur wanted to get on his way. He dared to hope that they were not the only survivors. He would always remember that refuge though. Perhaps there really was some magic in the place. And there was something about that tree. If you looked at it in a certain light, some of the knots in the wood looked a bit like a ...but it couldn't be.

14404440102_c515ee852b_z.jpg

Previous chapters:

A Black Day http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96599

Quarantine http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96607

Evacuation http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96603

House of Healing http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96611

Overwhelming Susanna http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96628

Next chapters

The sanctuary of the Bloodleaf Shrine http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96644

Aiding the Refugees http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96658

Roadblock http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96672

Defending the coast http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=96677

Reunion http://www.eurobrick...3

Edited by robuko

Fantastic. Especially the use of space. And that tree. The way you acknowledge what it's made of is also genius.

Nice build, Robuko, I really like the use of all those pieces on the tree, which turn out excellent :thumbup:

I must say, the bright green shutters at the bottom look a bit out of place though :grin:

Edited by Garmadon

Oh wow, that is a gorgeous tree. I LOVE those creature parts added to the tree, and even more that you worked them into the story. Also, even though there are gaps in the house, it looks really nice in the ramshackle style. The large eves coming over the edges help here, too. The only critique I could think of would be to add a second vine made with the palm trunks to match the first, and to add a few more leaves on top, but with the pieces (I assume :classic:) you had, really nice work.

Awesome tree, and it's great you made it given all the stuff you had to endure, love it!

Fantastic tree, especially the last picture! :thumbup: Like the way you did the house roof too, good job making it look hashed together!

Like everybody else I love the tree and how you used the parts for it! Great scene and good atmosphere in it, great work!

Wow robuko! Glad you made the deadline with this build, I really like it! The tree is very unique in a robuko-esque way....and that is what we in Kaliphlin love!

Amazing stuff Robuko, i always look forward to your builds and the level of invention and parts use in this is just delightful. :wub: My fav pic would have to be the second one down, with the rancor arm seeming to hold up the roof of the ramshackle hut - the forms seem to fit together organically and flow into one another really well. :thumbup: So many other details - the use of the Simpson's heads nestled in amongst the flowers jumped out at me as well. So glad you managed to get this done mate. :classic:

Fantastic. Especially the use of space. And that tree. The way you acknowledge what it's made of is also genius.

Thanks mccoyed. I was pretty happy with the use of space too, the refuge at the bottom is built on a frame of technic angle joints, like 2\3 of a wigwam. Surprisingly strong.

Nice build, Robuko, I really like the use of all those pieces on the tree, which turn out excellent :thumbup:

I must say, the bright green shutters at the bottom look a bit out of place though :grin:

Thanks Garmadon. I totally forgot that my son closed the shutters when we were playing hospital here. They look better when they are open, I promise!

Oh wow, that is a gorgeous tree. I LOVE those creature parts added to the tree, and even more that you worked them into the story. Also, even though there are gaps in the house, it looks really nice in the ramshackle style. The large eves coming over the edges help here, too. The only critique I could think of would be to add a second vine made with the palm trunks to match the first, and to add a few more leaves on top, but with the pieces (I assume :classic:) you had, really nice work.

Thanks so much Thomas, I did want to have 2 palm vines but I couldn't find a way to attach them securely and also it would have obscured the face too much. And yes, that is all of my green leaves! The gaps might be solved with a bit more work and time, what I really wanted to experiment with here is using the mixel joints for crazy angles, and I think it works pretty well, although it is not that obvious in the photos.

That palm tree trunk vine thingy is great!

Thanks Carson, I really wanted some vertical texture to make it more treelike, this seemed a good solution.

Awesome tree, and it's great you made it given all the stuff you had to endure, love it!

Thanks label! I cannot believe I put this together in 2 days!

Fantastic tree, especially the last picture! :thumbup: Like the way you did the house roof too, good job making it look hashed together!

Thanks a lot Kai! The roof is the highlight of this for me. There are about 5 hinge techniques in there. The Best one is to use a technic pin with ball joint in the technic angle connector, and a mixel socket to hold the plate.

Great tree! Very nice parts usage with the rancor parts and dragon parts

Thank you Scaevola. They are surprisingly organic.

That tree is brilliant, as others have said- cool refuge too!

Thank you very much Lord V, glad you like it!

Like everybody else I love the tree and how you used the parts for it! Great scene and good atmosphere in it, great work!

Thanks a lot odidoma, I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.

Wow robuko! Glad you made the deadline with this build, I really like it! The tree is very unique in a robuko-esque way....and that is what we in Kaliphlin love!

Thanks Kayne! Does it really look like one of my builds? I was trying to channel DC, Legonardo and CBB for Avalonian flavour :classic:

Rancor Arms, Dragon Heads, Shields, and Pitchforks. Awesome tree robuko!

Thanks lego 3364! There's a stegosaurus tail in there too :wink:

It does! Mostly because of the creativity. The colors are different from your norm, but the cool factor is all you

Amazing stuff Robuko, i always look forward to your builds and the level of invention and parts use in this is just delightful. :wub: My fav pic would have to be the second one down, with the rancor arm seeming to hold up the roof of the ramshackle hut - the forms seem to fit together organically and flow into one another really well. :thumbup: So many other details - the use of the Simpson's heads nestled in amongst the flowers jumped out at me as well. So glad you managed to get this done mate. :classic:

Thanks Gabe! Yeah, I knew the second I held those Simpson headpieces that they were an Avalonian flower garden!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Now I see the photos by light of day, they all looked a bit too dark, so I've redone the first two.

This build was all about putting together as many Avalonia/LoTR memes as I could; mysterious elves, bright flowers, forest, merry men in green tights, dragons, and of course the tree is an Ent, which is where the refuge's Gaia hippy magic healing powers come from. Don't mess with the power of the forest folk!

:wink:

Edited by robuko

This is probably the tree with the most character I have ever seen built! :thumbup: Great job!

That tree is the best I have ever seen! The way it grows around the house... Looks almost alive! :wink:

The roof is also a big yes!!

That tree is wild! So many different and completely random pieces used, yet it looks cohesive. Hot stuff!

Wow. I'm really fascinated by this tree.

Very creative way to use the arms of the Rancor and several other animal-parts to archive such a original organic effect.

Amazing tree! The hut built into the bottom is also superb :thumbup: I like how you placed so many flowers in a big patch :classic:

From the first time I saw this, I though "Ent" - its a very lifelike tree. There is a sort of brooding quality about it - as if it would rise and smack you into the next century, if you stomped on a flower! :thumbup:

And boy, will that family have some stories to share when they are reunited in Calder! :wink:

Wow, that's one great tree. I love all the big parts you included that nobody else finds useful. Good job!

Cool tree, I like the texture you managed to give it. Nice job!

Hey Robuko awesome parts usage everywhere... simpsons heads, giant arms etc :) Very funny and innovative! Great one....