Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I don't have it, so I don't know. Yes it is great for a small set.

Then I suggest you obtain one forthwith! Or build it since it's made from fairly common parts.

4 hours ago, SheldonF said:

I was thinking the MacLaren Senna as it just came out this year (Chiron came out 2016). So time line would make sense. However personally a Centenario would be awesome

McLaren Senna is questionable it terms of exterior, not to to mention it would be nightmare to build in Technic.

There are some good suggestions (Bentley, G63 6x6 for example), but damn not Lamborghini please. These look all the same for past few generations - read as "not appealing". I cannot even distinguish which one is which when I see it. :sadnew:

12 minutes ago, zux said:

damn not Lamborghini please. These look all the same for past few generations

Definitely not the Urus. :wink:

I don't know if the Mercedes cooperation so far was only done with the utility vehicle group but an AMG Projekt One would be a manageable shape for lego and price wise it's in Chiron territory. However I don't know of the engineering beauty of this car could be interesting for lego functions.

What I would also love would be an offroad vehicle like a G-Wagon, Defender or similar. You could introduce diff locks, proper suspension, possible brakes and the shape would be great for lego. However I don't think that will happen. If you want to keep the current scale (which TLG stated) than such a car would be extremely heavy just because of the exterior size - esp. a 6x6.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Hey, 8069 and 42004 are great too... :hmpf_bad:

Yes, but IMHO 8455 is ultimate set when I talk about pneumatic

Maybe for the next supercar we should think of colours.

Dark azure and dark blue is a signature color scheme for the real Chiron. Orange (or lava orange, or whatever it's called) was a big color for the Porsche. As orange became more common a few years before the Porsche, dark azure was introduced around 2016 I think, and dark blue made their appearence in the ocean explorer 42064, and I believe we even had some of the dark tan interior panels in a recent Star Wars set, I think we should look for new or revived colors in the future. If new panels or other Technic parts suddenly appear in an interesting color, it might be a prelude to a new supercar in that color.

5 minutes ago, Permo said:

@ Lego,

Wheel arche panels in black please...

Wheel arches in white please!

Also, pneumatic cylinders in all black.

Anyone remember 8288 from way back in 2004? Biggest Lego-based regret of mine was that I didn’t get a chance to buy it because I didn’t know it existed. I’d really like another miniature crawler crane with complex pulleys again. 42042 just wasn’t the right alternative imo.

Edited by Bartybum

12 hours ago, Musikfreak said:

What I would also love would be an offroad vehicle like a G-Wagon, Defender or similar. You could introduce diff locks, proper suspension, possible brakes and the shape would be great for lego.

If Lego for real want's to do something really new with next ultimate Technic set, then Yes, some Lambo won't be interesting after Porsche and Bugatti, so, hopefully they called Mercedes, and are building 6x6. But I won't be surprised about Lambo anyway. 

Another challange would be to build some car with detailed interior, they didn't had something like that before.

17 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Maybe for the next supercar we should think of colours.

Dark azure and dark blue is a signature color scheme for the real Chiron. Orange (or lava orange, or whatever it's called) was a big color for the Porsche. As orange became more common a few years before the Porsche, dark azure was introduced around 2016 I think, and dark blue made their appearence in the ocean explorer 42064, and I believe we even had some of the dark tan interior panels in a recent Star Wars set, I think we should look for new or revived colors in the future. If new panels or other Technic parts suddenly appear in an interesting color, it might be a prelude to a new supercar in that color.

Lime = Lamborghini, beside that: it is VW (licence), it would fit along with other two when displayed on shelf, no new molds required

I would love to see Lamborghini Aventador in yellow colour, or some red Ferrari, even though I am not a fan of Ferrari.

I would like to see BMW i8. it's a 2 color combo and it would be very interesting to see how will they reproduce those body lines. And they need to step up and make it glow somehow. Because, lets face it, they have spoiled us (at least me) with the Porsche and Bugatti.

I'm also a sucker for a big, huge complex machinery with lots and lots of functions, so maybe something from that area. Even bigger and more complex than BWE.

16 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Still waiting for an offical Technic GBC line.

Oh man that would be amazing. Imagine having Akiyuky as their main designer!

20 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Anyone remember 8288 from way back in 2004? Biggest Lego-based regret of mine was that I didn’t get a chance to buy it because I didn’t know it existed. I’d really like another miniature crawler crane with complex pulleys again. 42042 just wasn’t the right alternative imo.

8288 is a great set! I played for hours and hours with it when I was a kid :wub: Contrary to you I don't own 42042 so I can't compare them, but I doubt LEGO will create a crane anytime soon since we've had 42042 and more recently 42082. I would love one though

17 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh man that would be amazing. Imagine having Akiyuky as their main designer!

I am not sure if I would prefer that. My fear is, that he would need to design his new modules with a lot of restrictions. From my point of view, he is a creative genius who need his free room to work out all the great machines.

But TLG can see his output as a kind of a benchmark and try to do something comparable. I would really love that.

1 hour ago, Frequenzberater said:

I am not sure if I would prefer that. My fear is, that he would need to design his new modules with a lot of restrictions. From my point of view, he is a creative genius who need his free room to work out all the great machines.

But TLG can see his output as a kind of a benchmark and try to do something comparable. I would really love that.

The thing is that 90% of the modules I see on his channel involve multiple parts at a time and could be reduced in length. The only ones that can't are the ball cleaner, the trains and the ball factories.

Don’t we not get enough GBC from the fans, fairs, festivals, expos, and conventions? Not saying that TLG developed modules wouldn’t be cool, but I think the AFOLs do a better job at it, really.  And isn’t GBC kind of a rebel of sorts? It does destroy Lego, which to some is heresy, but not sure if TLG would care because it helps to sell more Lego. With the exception that their whole philosophy is it must hold up under use, be able to be taken apart and reused, and no official TLG set will use an element that causes it to be placed under stress, causing it to become unusable at a later date.  You could see how GBC modules kind of put a harsh on that mellow, even under the loosest interpretations.

Also, isn’t there GBC modules on the Ideas platform? I seem to remember they were not screaming to 10k votes very fast.  So, as these things go, I would say the likelihood is just about zip, zilch, nada. At least that is my prediction.