...So you see, that is why the moon gets smaller and larger. Any more questions?

Yes. Is it true that the Duke is a vampire?!?

Hmm... I hadn't heard that. Tell me about it!

Ok, here goes...

12998319705_1f279ef7dc_z.jpg

As the civil war raged in Nocturnus, Cassius set out with a group of his most seasoned comrades. As they made their way to Abyssian, they were slowly picked off one by one, by the native tribes, hostile environment and rebel soldiers, until only the duke was left. Just when he thought all hope was lost, he came up over a ridge and there he saw it. A castle, black as night, jutting up out of the ruby sea that lat in front of him. He wasn't sure which side the mighty fortress was allied with, but he knew he had no other choice but to head towards it. Besides, they had most likely already spotted him.

12998377905_505bc7ffc4_z.jpg

He paused, gathered his wits, and began the trek down to the gatehouse.

12998363335_5e0fb106ee_z.jpg

When Cassius got there, he was greeted by an opening portcullis. He saw no guards, so he decided to head towards the tower. When he got to the door, it opened. Inside was a pale man, dressed in ruined court dress.

Welcome to my tower. I am Lord Shirl. Come in. You must be tired.

To this, Cassius replied, "Yes, and I am parched. May I please have something to drink?"

Of course. Follow me.

12998476463_b4d5b5366d_z.jpg

They soon arrived in a room overlooking the walls. In the center was a raised pedestal, with a plain stone cup of some strange liquid in it. Cassius suddenly realized it was blood.

"I hope you don't mind, this is all I have. I'm sure you'll grow used to the taste... After all, I sure have."

Cassius tried to run, but was frozen in place. The vampire lord picked up the chalice, tipped back the Avalonian's head, and poured the liquid down his throat.

12998732054_c00e666e0f_z.jpg

Cassius felt a sudden peace. All his worries and desires slipped away, like fog in the sun. Hssss he though, the sun. How he hated it.

"There, isn't that better? Now, return to your pretty green country. Don't worry, thrall, your master will join you soon... And then, you will create any army for me, and I will rule again!"

12998408765_c927b33a78_z.jpg

So there you have it. We're ruled by a vampire.

That's just plain stupid. Heck, that's stupider than the myth that Mitgardian ladies have beards!

12998517783_59819d6a3c_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! Glad I got that posted. This challenge has been a blast to build for, and I really enjoyed it!

I'd also like to claim the following:

Forced perspective

Roofing #1

C&c appreciated!

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

Wonderful job! I really like how the roof is angled and great way to put the bearded ladies in it! :laugh:

Edited by HammerBro33

Wonderful job! I really like how the roof is angled and great way to put the bearded ladies in it! :laugh:

Thanks! The roof was actually an accident, but then I w as like "Whoa. That's nice." So I kept it.

So that's why you atay in your basement all day! I always thought you were drinking rasberry juice.

+1 for both claims too!

Edited by TheUtilityBelt32

So that's why you atay in your basement all day! I always thought you were drinking rasberry juice.

+1 for both claims too!

Nope, no raspberry juice for me!

Thanks! The roof was actually an accident, but then I w as like "Whoa. That's nice." So I kept it.

Great! Thats always fun. :classic:

+1 DoH credit. The slanted roof is particularly creative! :thumbup:

Nice build, I especially like the cottage with the slanting roof (the first pic is a bit washed out though) :wink:

Good job with the story and the FP on the second pic as well :sweet:

Edited by Garmadon

A great story and the mocs are looking great as well! I love the first house with the angled roof!

I always love builds with multiple scenes - and you done a great job with that here. I really like the vampire rumor, which Duke BTW? The forced perspective works well, and I like the slanted roof technique you used. A great mini-challenge entry!

Very fitting storyline for the rumours challenge :laugh: That little house looks great, neat interior and microscale builds as well :thumbup:

I always love builds with multiple scenes - and you done a great job with that here. I really like the vampire rumor, which Duke BTW? The forced perspective works well, and I like the slanted roof technique you used. A great mini-challenge entry!

Thanks! And Cassius is the Duke referenced.

Very good rumor story, I wonder where this is going? :classic:

The first outdoor picture is my favorite in this entry.

UoP +1 for the roof and FP. The photo of the micro tower in focus did not add a lot however, as the FP looks much better when the minifig is in focus.

Very good rumor story, I wonder where this is going? :classic:

The first outdoor picture is my favorite in this entry.

UoP +1 for the roof and FP. The photo of the micro tower in focus did not add a lot however, as the FP looks much better when the minifig is in focus.

Thanks! I agree, I just liked the build and wanted to show off a bit...

Ooooo another Vampire eh? And nice work with the bearded ladies!

That's the rumor at least! And yeah, can't forget them!