Paul's 2011 supercar indeed could be considered as a 8070 MOD because it looks quite similar (was designed after released pictures) and then his Deluxe supercars which have similar proportions were developed further. But they are NOT either.

Sometimes it is not the MOC itself. I felt something similar with my Komatsu 600-6, it was one of my favorite MOCs but it was done after and during the 42030 fever with same tyres and bucket, of course there were people who called it MOD even giving free instructions. I don't know if it is the same case but I will watch the instructions of the car.

I'm absolutely not attacking any builder. I'm sorry if I felt rude with that post. I was just saying that if you consider a lmp1 a MOD of the 42039, it's a bit like saying a supercar is a MOD of the 8070. I took Paul as I example. Sorry for that.

Well spoken! Your comparison with Paul is absolutely correct and can really not be read as attack. If yours is a MOD of 42039 then a lot of supercars MOCs are Mods of 8070 and should be remived from the HoF.... ;-)

lets make a simple poll

is 919 MOD of 42039?

- yes

- no

(nothing else - no implications towards HoF, just to "find out")

Let's make it even more simple.....a great MOD deserves a place in the HoF.

Its OK to defend yourself but you're not going to win any support by attaking another builder.

I'm absolutely not attacking any builder. I'm sorry if I felt rude with that post. I was just saying that if you consider a lmp1 a MOD of the 42039, it's a bit like saying a supercar is a MOD of the 8070. I took Paul as I example. Sorry for that.

For what it is worth, from an outsider's perspective reading this for the first time it did appear as an attack and I agree with @ JamesJT. I think the operative phrase was in what looked like a superlative, saying that "all" of Paul's MOCs are MODs.

However, I think your response (@Charbel) was perfect and that you truly intended no harm. And for what it is worth, although @Alasdair Ryan has the ultimate say, I am agreeing with what appears like the consensus here and would say that your 919 is a true MOC not a MOD.

Let's make it even more simple.....a great MOD deserves a place in the HoF.

You are totally right. I don't think my MOC desserve to be on the HoF.

My car is really not impressive compared to the amazing creations in the Hof.

Otherwise I will try to add a few picture of the chassis of my 919 in its thread. So people can compare.

Jim can perhaps clarify, but not sure that is what he meant. I think what he is saying is that regardless, MOC or MOD, your creation is excellent enough to be in the HOF.

Jim can perhaps clarify, but not sure that is what he meant. I think what he is saying is that regardless, MOC or MOD, your creation is excellent enough to be in the HOF.

Exactly that!

Not sure how I got dragged into this..

The only thing I see that Charbel's model has in common with the 42039 besides they are based on the same type of car is that they both have 4 wheels.. From what I can tell, his model is completely original right down to the suspension and gearbox.. Calling this a mod of the 42039 is an insult..

The only thing I see that Charbel's model has in common with the 42039 besides they are based on the same type of car is that they both have 4 wheels.. From what I can tell, his model is completely original right down to the suspension and gearbox.. Calling this a mod of the 42039 is an insult..

The seat of Charbel's model looks a bit like the one in set 42039, But to call it a mod (because of that) is indeed an insult. An insult to both Charel's creativity and the model. Charbel's model is awesome! and deserves a place in the Technic Hall of Fame.

A mod of which set/moc?

That has been discussed. Please read the rest of the posts.

Before this escalates, I will discuss it with Alasdair.

Let's go back to making suggestions.

Exactly.

I now wonder how many awesome MOCs are missing because of this "MOD criteria" that Alasdair used.

edit: didn't see Jim's post above while making this sorry.

Edited by Appie

Guys, I am picking some great MOCs from Technic forum to list them in HOF, and would like to ask you to make your suggestions!

When posting suggestions, don't forget to add an image and link to EB topic!

Hi Milan, i would like to suggest The Indominus Rex Truck And Indominus MKII Truck by SilenWin for the HOF:

Indominus Rex: 

Truck 1_1

Indominus MKII: 

Indominus MkII

I hope that the images and the links are okay.

Edited by Imanol BB